• 2014 Compact Car Buyer's Guide

2012 Ford Focus

7.4

Based on 302 Ratings for the 2012 - 2014 models.

7.6/10
    7.5/10
    7.6/10

Great sporty car for a small family! ST2 package

By on Saturday, August 23, 2014

"Bought this car back in the beginning of February, 2014 and absolutely love it! I did have an issue with the steering from day one, however. It had that twitchy/loose off center issue and it would overcorrect constantly. Quick trip to the dealership and they ordered a new steering rack and swapped it out, no more problems (all completed under warranty). I drive about 30 miles round trip for work and I average around 26-27mpg, even getting onto it a couple times everyday. The car isn't what I would call fast, but it is snappy and very quick in stock form, even more so when you add a tune to it! It handles like no other FWD car out there. It's a bizarre feeling to through this car into a corner and you can feel the back end kicking out as though it is a RWD car. All of which is very welcome when you're pushing it through mountain roads. I have two children, four and five years old, and they fit just fine in the car. We actually took the car on vacation earlier this year to Florida. Packed the hatch up, got a soft roof top cargo carrier and everything fit with some room to spare. We averaged 29mpg on the trip down and back, not too shabby with a loaded car and four people! The seats were fairly comfortable, thought after being in the car for six hours, we were a bit stiff. Overall this has been an excellent car, one of the best bang-for-your-buck vehicles out there IMHO. Unfortunately for the car, my wife just found out she is pregnant with our third, so this car just won't work anymore. I might have too look into the SHO, I'm hooked on these EcoBoost motors!"

Nice car, well equipped. Nice styling.

By on Monday, August 11, 2014

Pros: "Styling, Ride, Handling, fit and finish."

Cons: "Rear leg room, no rear floor mats."

"Leased this car to replace a leased 2012 Fusion SEL. OK this is less car than the Fusion which was one of the best cars I've ever had. The ride is a little more harsh, which was to be expected in a smaller lighter vehicle. But it is much better than the 2009 Honda Civic I traded last year for an Escape. The Civic was rough riding and very road noisy, This car handles nicely. Very sporty and not a lot of road noise. Only real complaints I have are the lack rear carpeted foor mats and the craftmanship of the leather seats was mediocre. All seat backs and cushions had varying degrees of wrinkles. I got the SE appearance package and the Winter package as I live in Michigan. Equipped with just those 2 packages I believe is the best value. I read all the complaints about Sync and MY FORD TOUCH. I haven't experienced those problems in either of my 2 Fords. Like all things electronic, reading the manuals and a little patience goes a long way."

No problem excellent car always garaged .

By on Saturday, August 09, 2014

Pros: "Fun to drive good milage ."

Cons: "Too small for our problem"

"My reason for selling or trading is I have a medical reason .I like this car it has plenty of pep ,safe and economical. What we need is Ford Edge or Free star or something in 2010 that age group ."

Not thrilled but could be worse

By on Sunday, August 03, 2014

Pros: "good mileage"

Cons: "cheap stereo, foggy windows"

"Old car needed work fast and thought better to buy now then put all the money into the other. Stereo system is very cheap compared to my Aveo. I transfer my books on cd onto one mp3 cd or flash drive so I don't have to change cd's while driving. The system won't play them because it can't handle that many tracks. No problem on my cheapy Aveo. More wind noise than I would like and windows will fog inside very quickly if I don't have the defrost on. So bad that I can't see out the windows at all until I put the defrost on! Dealer said this is very common for this model. Mileage is good for the 32 miles round trip I take for work. Handles well, but I can hear the transmission grinding from a slow start. If I press harder on the gas it goes away. Again the dealer says this is just common for the car."

Great car great price

By on Sunday, August 03, 2014

Pros: "great value, many features"

Cons: "Sync system aggravating, USB port in console"

"I recently purchased a 2014 Ford Focus SE with the following options: SE appearance package and the power moonroof. I haven't owned my 2014 Focus for long, but i'm really impressed with what I got for the price. The driving/steering system is absolutely amazing, and this car drives better than any other car that I've ever owned. The car comes standard with many options, and the appearance package added such things as fog lights, ambient interior lights, sirius radio, leather trimmed seats, 6 speed power shift automatic transmission, power mirrors, 17" wheels, and a six way power driver's seat. My only complaints are that the Sync system is a bit flawed. The voice recognition isn't the best, and if the system doesn't understand my command, it sometimes goes on a bit of a lengthy rant and recites every command one could possibly make. The power shift automatic transmission shifts a bit roughly through the first three gears, but I've read that it takes time for the system to synchronize and shift smoothly. If I remember, I will return and make additional comments regarding this. Lastly, there's only one small console in between the two front seats, and for some reason this is where they put the USB and auxiliary ports. Overall I feel that I got a great car for a great price. I couldn't refuse the offer as it was $20.5k @ 1.9% interest. Overall, I am a very satisfied customer and I will definitely shop Ford in the future."