2012 Ford Focus

7.3

Based on 402 Ratings for the 2012 - 2015 models.

7.5/10
    7.4/10
    7.6/10
    7.6/10

Buy if you're single, stay away if you have a fam

By on Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Pros: "Fun to drive, great gas milage"

Cons: "Half second hesitation on fast acceleration"

"I'm a single guy so backseats with little room doesn't bother me. From the drivers seat my experience is that this is a fun car to drive. It doesn't have a bad transmission, it has a unique transmission. If you go to gun it it WILL have a half second delay, so you have to "call" your two lane highway passes. It has stiff (wanna-be) sporty shocks so some people don't like that. Some people don't like that the transmission isn't like every other car on the road. I love it! It's a good car, I have reliability a 7 because I've heard that the transmission fails very fast, and that's the only thing that worries me. Also the reason for the 8 on quality. It's not like driving a cloud because of the "sporty" shocks. Other than that I don't regret my purchase."

Great car

By on Thursday, May 29, 2014

Pros: "Handling, power, comfort on long trips."

Cons: "Arm rest"

"I've owned my 2014 Ford Focus ST for a little over 6 months and have enjoyed every bit of it. The pick up power is great and my fuel mileage is around 27 MPG even with someone that has a heavy foot. I love the way this car handles. It is great in dry and wet conditions. I would definitely recommend this car. I love everything about this car except arm rest, wait there isn't one. But seriously, this is a great car."

Great car for a great price.

By on Saturday, April 26, 2014

Pros: "5-speed manual transmission, great price"

Cons: "could use a little more power or 6 speed manual"

"I have had my Focus for two years now and bought it brand new. It has given me no problems and is a great car to just cruise in. I have the basic model without all the bells and whistles, but it does have satellite radio as well as bluetooth capabilities for my phone. Its nice to know that a basic model would come with a speaker in it so that you can go hands free with your cell phone. Even though we can no longer say fords are totally American made and I wish we could, this car has proven to be a great car in my book."

Awful in every sense of the word

By on Thursday, May 09, 2013

Pros: "Looks,"

Cons: "Auto Transmission, SYNC, Fuel Mileage,"

"I have owned this 2013 Ford Focus Titanium for 7 months now and I wish I could go back in time and kick myself not to buy it. It's fully loaded and cost $25500. I know right for a FOCUS!! It is a company car and I bought it for the 39 MPG on Highway. I don't even come close to that. On the highway I can get 33 MPG. No matter what I do it does not get better then that. I have had it looked at and the dealer tells me that is within range for the model. Not what the sticker says... It has had a new radiator at 3000 miles, the door locks do not work all the time because of the Titanium package, you don't need to use the key FOB just touch the door handle and it unlocks or locks. The AC did not work, service had it over a week to find the problem and fix it. SYNC is very touchy and does not like iPhones with more then 100 contact numbers so Ford tells me not to download my phonebook into Sync but that still doesn't help (most be Microsoft). Don't get me started on the JUNK 6 speed transmission!! nothing smooth at all regarding this transmission. it's jerky, shifts awful, drifts back on a hill like a manual would. Great concept of the dual clutch transmission and many cars on the road have it and have no issues. Ford does not have it right and they need to fix it. The dealer agrees that he feels all the things I state but says it is the characteristics of the transmission and that is all normal for a $25500 car. This will be the last Ford I buy, you can get much more car for you dollar at other car companies. STAY AWAY!!"

very happy

By on Thursday, September 20, 2012

Pros: "blast to drive, quality interior and exterior"

"I have had this car for about 2 months. I have put almost 3000 miles on it so far. I purchased the hatchback, auto/6 speed/spots package/se. It has many of the sel features like the 6 speaker audio, fancy 17in black painted sports tires, candy apple paint job and fancy sports seats. Radio sounds awsome and came with 6 months of free satilite. To be honest I have not tried out ford sync yet.The car does not have ford touch. I drove a ford 150 prior to this. I purchased this to get away from the $100 fillups. Gave the 150 to hubby for a farm truck. I love the way this car is finnished inside and out. So well done and looks and feels quality in every way. I looked at the elantra and cruse and I felt the quality of the focus was superior. This car is so much more fun to drive than other cars in its class. I it drives like a much more expencive car. The suspention hugs the road and is solid. Steering incredibly responsive and love the leather covered sports steering wheel. This car is zippy, zippy zippy! Yes the trans does take time to get use to and break in but to get that kind of performance and gas miliage Ill take it! All of the fuel efficient cars drive that way and have some small quirks. I do not think people realise that to get the good miliage there might be some sacrafices if that is even the right word to use. I have driven a prius before and had experienced much more hesitation from a stoped position then in the focus. When driving the elantra I just found it very unexciting with cheap looking interior even when moving up to leather-and the car just had no power. In short I love this car and the powerful trans! Dont think you can do better for the money."