2012 Ford Focus

7.4

Based on 304 Ratings for the 2012 - 2014 models.

7.6/10
    7.5/10
    7.6/10

runs great

By on Monday, July 28, 2014

"The focus gets good MPG, is very smooth, quiet and roomy. The engine is very strong and so far the dual clutch transmission has been great...it definitely looks, feels and drives like a European car. I like the capless gas tank filler too...I bought the s automatic model for 14,925.00 total out the door price. Assembled in Michigan too...I only buy domestic cars assembled in us. This is my eighth new GM or Ford and they have all run good. Chrysler makes some very good vehicles too"

Engine and transmission issues

By on Thursday, July 24, 2014

Pros: "great gas mileage, comfy to drive"

Cons: "not reliable, in and out of the shop"

"I bought this car used two years ago as a lease return at 20,000 miles. It had a great price and a warranty and I was thrilled. I had some minor electrical issues with interior lights almost immediately, but these were covered under the warranty. The transmission shudders, as do all new focus transmissions. The dealership reset the transmission and it seemed a little better, but still not great. In the sport setting, the shudder is worse and it shifts erratically. At about 54,000 miles, the Ford dealership told me I had a rear main seal leak. As I understand it, that's not normal in a two year old car. They fixed the problem, again under warranty. At just under 60,000 miles, almost the end of my powertrain warranty, the dealership said I had another oil leak. They took my car apart to find it was a transmission fluid leak and that had to replace my dead clutch and do an "overhaul" of the transmission. Again, it was covered. That same week, my coworker with a 2012 focus also needed a new clutch and transmission repair. Her car has 40,000 miles. My warranty is now done, and I've had the engine and gearbox out twice in six months. I bought a nearly new car hoping for reliability, but that hasn't been the case..."

Buy if you're single, stay away if you have a fam

By on Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Pros: "Fun to drive, great gas milage"

Cons: "Half second hesitation on fast acceleration"

"I'm a single guy so backseats with little room doesn't bother me. From the drivers seat my experience is that this is a fun car to drive. It doesn't have a bad transmission, it has a unique transmission. If you go to gun it it WILL have a half second delay, so you have to "call" your two lane highway passes. It has stiff (wanna-be) sporty shocks so some people don't like that. Some people don't like that the transmission isn't like every other car on the road. I love it! It's a good car, I have reliability a 7 because I've heard that the transmission fails very fast, and that's the only thing that worries me. Also the reason for the 8 on quality. It's not like driving a cloud because of the "sporty" shocks. Other than that I don't regret my purchase."

Great car if you like transmission problems

By on Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Pros: "Looks great and comfortable, great fuel mileage"

Cons: "bad transmission,"

My 2012 Ford Focus SEL HB

"Car looks great, best I can say about it. Transmission is horrible and most likely will eventually put you in the dealership for a few days for repairs. Started seeing small issues with the way it shifted when giving car the gas and told one dealership. They said it was the design of them. 2 years and 23,000 miles later car at another dealership who knows the cars have issues and was willing to work on it. Great car if you like having tranny issues worked on. Was going to buy another Ford, but now going Honda, Toyota, something like that."

My 2012 Ford Focus SEL HB

A reliable, fun, peppy little car to drive.

By on Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Pros: "GREAT gas mileage. Lot`s of gadgets. Super radio."

Cons: "Rides a little rough, due to larger wheels."

"I`ve owned my Ford Focus Titanium hatchback for a year and a half now and I really love it. It has a sharp sporty look and it`s the first car I`ve owned, which several strangers have approached me and asked me how I liked it and told me how impressive it looks. The car started and performed well during our last seige of below zero weather, here in Michigan and it is very comfortable and elaborately outfitted in the cabin and really fun to drive and very easy to park."