2012 Ford Focus

7.3

Based on 391 Ratings for the 2012 - 2015 models.

7.5/10
    7.4/10
    7.6/10
    7.6/10

excellent vehicle

By on Thursday, April 23, 2015

"I traded in a 2008 Lincoln mkz, on the focus titanium , 4 years ago I said I would not ever own a focus, I drove this one, I bought it after the test drive, the ride and comfort sold me, very little road noise, great peppy little car, voice command systems allows you to adjust ac/radio/phone operations by voice commands . seats are more comfortable than the MKZ. First tank of gas averaged 32.8 mpg, which will improve after first 1000 miles. great value for the money."

Worst Car Ever!!!

By on Thursday, April 23, 2015

Pros: "None. Don't buy it!"

Cons: "Everything. Worst car on the market!!!!!"

"I've had my focus for approximately two years. A transmission chip failed 3 months after I purchased the car. It was finally fixed. Since I've had the car there is a "stutter" in the transmission in lower gears. Ford says this is normal and I have to learn to drive the car as if it were a manual transmission. Funny, I bought an AUTOMATIC because I don't know how to drive a MANUAL! I was almost t-boned by a semi after my transmission "stuttered" and I couldn't make it across two lanes of traffic. Good job, Ford! This is "normal" in their eyes... I hate this car and I will NEVER buy another Ford. Their customer service and my over all experiences have made me realize why people choose to not buy American made cars. So sad. Get it together, Ford!!!"

Very Nice Vehicle

By on Wednesday, April 22, 2015

Pros: "Great safety features and fun to drive."

"I purchased a 2014 Ford Focus FE and I have really enjoyed this car. This vehicle comes with many safety features. I was recently in an accident and not only did my airbags deploy, the motor shut itself off, the emergency blinkers were automatically engaged and the horn alarmed then the sync lady came over the speakers and said " I am attempting to call 911" This eased my mind in knowing that had I went over a mountain an no one seen me, they would have seen the blinking lights, heard the beeping horn and I would have know that 911 was being called even if I was unable to reach my phone. This is a very nice car and driving it is a pleasure. The gas mileage is awesome! I love my Ford Focus SE!"

2014 SE hatchback 5-speed manual

By on Tuesday, April 21, 2015

Pros: "Fuel economy (5-spd), sporty driving dynamics"

Cons: "Expensive for its class"

"This is one of the most entertaining FWD vehicles I've driven. Cornering is sharp, brakes are very good, transmission is excellent and has short throws. Winter performance is sketchy, although that could be more my unfamiliarity with driving a FWD car weighing less than 3000# with summer-only tires. My previous vehicle traded in for this was a 4000+# 2003 Ford Crown Victoria LX HPP, which was a reliable workhorse in the winter, always taking me where I wanted to go (up hills, down hills, around curves) and never taking me where I didn't want to go (places like ditches, trees, jersey barriers, etc.). For the Focus in snow-prone areas, I recommend winter tires. And prayers for those times where it understeers through a curve and takes you to one of those places I mentioned that you don't want to go. Fuel economy thus far is tough to gauge; we had a pretty brutal winter about a month after I got the car, and between the extreme cold and the above average snowfall the fuel consumption in any vehicle takes a dive (idling after start-up to warm, staying in lower gears in the snow, higher air density, lower energy density in the winter blend gas). During the break-in period I saw 28-37 mpg city/highway. This generally falls within the fuel consumption rating on the window sticker (26 city / 36 highway / 30 combined). Interior is attractive for this class of car. The ergonomics are good in my estimation (6' 150# male). I opted for heated leather seats; a must in the Snow Belt, and the seat heaters work well. The leather is low-end but not uncomfortable. Some other reviewers noted that the car takes an unbearably long time to warm up and heat the cabin in winter, and that has been my experience as well. The Sync system works about as well as or better than every other speech-recognition system I've used in the past several years. The sole quality issue I encountered thus far is regarding the rear seat folding mechanism. Last weekend I folded the seat bottoms forward and seat backs down to create a flat loading floor (you can also just fold the seat backs down, but when you do so it will not be a flat surface). Once I had gotten home and unloaded, I tried rotating the seat back into its original position, but the whole seat back assembly popped out of the odd mechanical latch that appears to be meant to lock it into place and allow it to rotate. No problem, I thought, I'll just pop it back in, but it simply would not. This is a pending service call. In terms of utilization, this car is fairly comfortable. I have a family of (2a+3c), so we often have all seats in use. This is adequate for <30 minute trips, and most of them are. The hatch will hold the entirety of a full-on grocery trip for said family, but it won't be adequate for a camping trip unless we leave the kids home. Obviously this vehicle is not intended to service as a primary family vehicle, and I wouldn't recommend it as one unless your family is (2a+1c) or (1a+2c). In my household this vehicle is primarily a commuter car, and it serves that function admirably. All in all, it is a car that I had to get, not one that I wanted to get. All the same, it is an excellent car, with no qualifiers."

Very Satisfied

By on Tuesday, April 21, 2015

Pros: "5 speed, hands-off phone, miliage. Good trunk."

Cons: "Bit tight in the cab."

"I got the 5 speed; it makes all the difference. Peppy and fun to drive. Comfort is ok I guess. Cruse control for long trips is a must. Sync is great, hands off, again you don't need to worry on long trips about States that have hands off laws plus its safer."