2010 Ford Focus

Based on 443 Ratings for the 2008 - 2011 models.

A Truly Honest American Car

By on Sunday, January 05, 2014

Pros: "Reliable, Comfortable, Convenient, Tech Savvy"

Cons: "Headroom, Cup Holder, Trunk Key"

"Having owned this vehicle for four years, I do not have much to complain about. I purchased this vehicle new with 95 miles at the age of 16, so you can assume that it has had quite a run. I truly love this vehicle. The elegant interior, fun SYNC system, leather seats, and great MPG has given me countless pleasures. I have drove this vehicle from Indiana to Tennessee for vacation twice and I commute to college twice a week an hour each way. During the summer I drive to work everyday 40 minutes each way. The comfort is phenomenal. Even on the longest of trips my back has never ached. I should also mention that I took three females to the five hour, 4 day long stay trip. The trunk held their not-so-conservative packing style. On Black Friday it held a 50 inch TV with the 60/40 seats down. Furthermore, it handles great in the snow and I have never once been stuck on my half mile, gravel, hilly, country driveway that tends to build snowdrifts quite easily. It has started flawlessly in negative degree weather, handles greatly in windy weather, and very well during heavy rains. Particularly during a drive home from school (an hour drive) I ran into a storm during the night with 50 mph plus winds with heavy rains. The kind that even the highest windshield wiper speed cannot keep up with. I had absolute confidence that my vehicle could handle it. It performed steadily, smoothly, and kept a quiet cabin for me to compose myself. The speakers with the moon and tune package are great. I've received many compliments on the quality and the subwoofer as well. I'll now hit some of the flaws. The backseat has only one cup holder. Minor, but in many compacts they offer a retractable twin cup holder option which I admire. Also, headroom can be limited when sitting straight. I felt my hair brush the top of the headliner, but with a slight slouch in a comfortable position it wasn't an issue. I also didn't understand the rear windows. When completely rolled down an inch or so still remains toward the front and then sweeps down into disappearance. I noticed on the older models, a keyhole was on the trunk for availability without a remote or having to push the button under the dash. I would like to point out that this is the SEL sedan with the Moon and Tune Package. It's the highest end version without the sport labeling to avoid higher insurance rates. With all the bells and whistles this car is luxurious. It has been a great commuter, get-a-way car, and vacationer. I would recommend this car to anyone who wants a reliable car that will continue to offer you all its glories without failure. It's comfortable, convenient, reliable, tech savvy, and affordable. My future plans with this vehicle are to trade it in for a newer model. My reasonings are for the technology in the newer models. The navigation, MyFord Touch, and ParkAssist are appealing and will come in handy for my driving habits. I would like to think that another teenager will purchase my car and enjoy everything that this car gave to me. One of the most important things a car can do is to become a part of you. And this car had done exactly that."

Best Car That I Have Owned So Far

By on Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Pros: "MPG, maitnence, looks, awesome!"

Cons: "only one con, head support/rest"

"This car is an outstanding car for a low price yet super fuel efficient. Back when I bought it new, it had 50mi on the odometer and a gas mileage of 45mi/highway and 38mi/city. I was one of those guys that had to travel a lot for work and I must say that the gas mileage kicked some serious butt! After 205,000 and 5years later, it still gets a better fuel efficiency then most cars on the market today! Right now (as of 12/18/13) I am getting close to 36mi/highway and 32mi/city! If you look at how many miles are on this car and what the MPG is, you just know that this car is SWEET! the gas mileage is not the only thing that kicks butt... I have not had a single problem with this car yet and have had not paid a cent on engine problems! Of course you have your normal routine checkups and replace tires and such, but to have not a single problem with the car is outstanding! remember 205,000mi!!! I have had no problem with this car and would recommend it to anyone! EVEN THE PEOPLE WHO LIVE IN BAD WINTER CONDITIONS! I live in north eastern Minnesota where the conditions are really bad and this car has kept me safe and alive this whole time! I will be selling this car soon and getting the new Ford Focus ST 2014, so if you read this and seem interested to buy, go ahead and check out other reviews of this car and post a comment on this review. ALSO! I have upgraded this car with new 17inch wheels and tires and I must admit that it looks like a sports car with black rims!"

Very sporty and alot of pick up and go!

By on Monday, July 15, 2013

Pros: "sporty and fun"

Cons: "seats are not too comfy on long drives."

"Driving in San Antonio traffic, I have had to speed up quickly to get around another car or just get out of a bad spot. My Focus has never stumbled or fell on its face when I put the pedal down! It's a five speed coupe and very fun to drive! With all this driving and zooming around town, I still get 27-28 mpg! On the highway I get 36 mpg."

This has been the most reliable car I have owned.

By on Wednesday, July 10, 2013

"I bought this car new and drive it 106 miles a day to work. I have had to do practically nothing to it other than routine maintanance. I had to replace drivers door latch due to the dome light staying on and one engine mount."

Awesome Mileage!

By on Monday, August 06, 2012

Pros: "Great price, mpg"

"Took a cross-country trip & made 40mpg...averages 25-35, with alot of city driving. Great value, very happy with my Focus."