2008 Ford Focus

Based on 433 Ratings for the 2008 - 2011 models.

Reliable, affordable, zippy, attractive

By on Thursday, April 16, 2015

Pros: "Great value for the price, very reliable, MPGs"

Cons: "small backseat. Otherwise, no problems!"

"I bought my Focus right out of college, and it's seen me through my twenties. Even now, with 170,000 miles on it, I've had no major mechanical problems, and the normal wear and tear repairs I've needed have been very affordable. The fuel efficiency has been consistently excellent (I average 36 mpg with mostly highway commute driving). Although the back seat is a little small, I've been able to accommodate a rear facing convertible car seat in the rear passenger side and a booster on the rear driver's side without needing to move the front seats too far forward. The trunk is also surprisingly roomy. The design of the car is much nicer than the older Focus models--much more sleek inside and out, and with small details that add a lot of visual value. Before driving this car, I was so set against getting a Focus because I thought they looked and performed like cheap disposable cars, but I'm so glad my sales guy talked me into driving the (at the time) brand new 2008 model instead of the used 2006 Fusion that originally drew me to the dealership. I think I've gotten every penny's worth of what I spent on the car in the first place, and I'm surprised to see KBB showing it still has so much value left!"

Love this car.

By on Tuesday, April 07, 2015

Pros: "reliability, good handling, price"

Cons: "There are blind areas within the car."

"At 38,500,have had no problems at all. Will need tires within the next year but other than that I'm good. Excellent handling, very reliable, a little slow on take off but after that it's right up to speed."

Best vehicle I've ever had.

By on Monday, March 02, 2015

"I think the window sticker had it rated at 35 mpg on highway....i regularly get 36 to 40 mpg and on one trip got 44.2. Don't know what's up with that but I love it. I previously had a 2005 Focus that seemed so loud and really seemed to labor going up hills. This 2009 runs so smoothly and quietly and goes up even the steep hills effortlessly. Love this car......41,000 miles and never a problem!!!!!"

EXTREMELY reliable

By on Monday, March 02, 2015

Pros: "reliability, Sync, MPG"

Cons: "comfort, build quality"

"This car has taken a BEATING in it's lifetime. Average well over 20K city miles a year, and have only had to replace wheel bearings in that time (aside from scheduled maintenance). It still gets well over 30MPG highway. I've been most impressed with this little car. It handles great. It tends to have clunking noises. SYNC is a great feature, although it often doesn't interact too well with Apple products. I tend to use USB flash drives as my on-board music system. It is a bit small, and the seats aren't the most comfortable. It does tend to eat tires and brakes. I'd definitely recommend this, especially over the more expensive Civic/Corolla."

peppy safe and fun

By on Saturday, February 28, 2015

Pros: "reliable, peppy, safe, a joy to drive"

"we have owned ours since new and it is an amazing car. very roomy for its size, gets attention even though it isn't flashy, is very peppy gets amazing gas mileage and is very reliable"

Im a Ford person will not change

By on Friday, February 27, 2015

Pros: "great gass milage, dependable"

Cons: "call owners after 1 to 2 years of ownership"

"I have bought 3 others: 3 trucks before my car and very reliable and great gas millage. Others are trying to put me in a Chevy and other cars and trucks but I said no. I had my brother buy a 250 super cab extended bed, and my ex husband bought a 150 extended cab in witch I sold it to them when I sold Fords. Happy with ford even when I was a kid and worked with them in my teens."

solid, dependable transportation

By on Friday, February 27, 2015

"was leery at first about buying Ford, but Chevy and Mopar let me down one too many times. Was glad I bought this car, the only problem I ever had was an a/c problem (evaporator) at about 140,000 miles."

very dependible car good mileage

By on Friday, February 27, 2015

Pros: "good over all car"

Cons: "cramped for space"

"very pleased with this car"

car runs smooth, gets good gas mileage and comfort

By on Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Pros: "Riding comfort, mpg, appearance outside and in"

Cons: "Not for large people"

can carry 5 people comfortably

"Even though it comes with a 4-cylinder engine it has great p/u and go. Has alloy wheels and tires only have 5,000 miles on them. When you put the 2 back seats down you have a large space for cargo. Automatic with o/d, Sirius radio connections, keyless entry, power windows/locks/side mirrors. Smooth ride and over 30 mpg on freeway driving. ABS breaks and front and side air bags. new floor mats. Tilt steering and a/c"

can carry 5 people comfortably

One of the best vehicles I ever owned

By on Friday, February 20, 2015

Pros: "Love to drive this car"

Cons: "Nothing bad about this car"

"Beautiful red color with tan interior. Heated front seats which feel really nice on the back in cold weather. Gets 31 miles to the gallon on gas. Has had all its check-ups and oil changes at the proper times and has a new set of tires on it. This is a one owner car which I bought after my daughter wrecked my 2000 Ford Focus Station Wagon. I loved that car too. The Focus is a good car."