2008 Ford Focus

Based on 434 Ratings for the 2008 - 2011 models.

Fast fun little car

By on Monday, April 20, 2015

This is my everyday driver.

"I am the owner of a little green 2010 ford focus se, I've enjoyed this car for about 3 years now and the only real problem I've had with it is my battery dying at a real bad time. but is to be expected with any car the battery dies. This is my "first car" so to speak but i've driven many other cares from a 1979 corvette to a 2007 chevy avalanche. I love this little car, I average about 30.5 mpg in the city which isn't bad at all it idles pretty rough but from what i understand that's a problem with all ford focuses in this model. for a 20 year old this isn't the most flashy car, but it is the most practical. Even though its a 4 cyl and doesn't have the greatest horsepower this little car gets up and goes, its outside appearance would suggest it being top heavy but thats not the case at all. Being a teenager still so to speak i do all the stupid little things teenagers do such as taking a turn at about 60 miles per hour the car had very little body roll. The interior...It's not luxury or sporty it's very basic although still too complicated for my grandparents. I never have been a fan of mint green cars or a tan interior and my car is both of these, once I got past that, I really have no serious complaints with this car. I love it! I would definitely recommend this car to a friend or relative. (I have)"

This is my everyday driver.

Reliable, affordable, zippy, attractive

By on Thursday, April 16, 2015

Pros: "Great value for the price, very reliable, MPGs"

Cons: "small backseat. Otherwise, no problems!"

"I bought my Focus right out of college, and it's seen me through my twenties. Even now, with 170,000 miles on it, I've had no major mechanical problems, and the normal wear and tear repairs I've needed have been very affordable. The fuel efficiency has been consistently excellent (I average 36 mpg with mostly highway commute driving). Although the back seat is a little small, I've been able to accommodate a rear facing convertible car seat in the rear passenger side and a booster on the rear driver's side without needing to move the front seats too far forward. The trunk is also surprisingly roomy. The design of the car is much nicer than the older Focus models--much more sleek inside and out, and with small details that add a lot of visual value. Before driving this car, I was so set against getting a Focus because I thought they looked and performed like cheap disposable cars, but I'm so glad my sales guy talked me into driving the (at the time) brand new 2008 model instead of the used 2006 Fusion that originally drew me to the dealership. I think I've gotten every penny's worth of what I spent on the car in the first place, and I'm surprised to see KBB showing it still has so much value left!"

Love this car.

By on Tuesday, April 07, 2015

Pros: "reliability, good handling, price"

Cons: "There are blind areas within the car."

"At 38,500,have had no problems at all. Will need tires within the next year but other than that I'm good. Excellent handling, very reliable, a little slow on take off but after that it's right up to speed."

Best vehicle I've ever had.

By on Monday, March 02, 2015

"I think the window sticker had it rated at 35 mpg on highway....i regularly get 36 to 40 mpg and on one trip got 44.2. Don't know what's up with that but I love it. I previously had a 2005 Focus that seemed so loud and really seemed to labor going up hills. This 2009 runs so smoothly and quietly and goes up even the steep hills effortlessly. Love this car......41,000 miles and never a problem!!!!!"

EXTREMELY reliable

By on Monday, March 02, 2015

Pros: "reliability, Sync, MPG"

Cons: "comfort, build quality"

"This car has taken a BEATING in it's lifetime. Average well over 20K city miles a year, and have only had to replace wheel bearings in that time (aside from scheduled maintenance). It still gets well over 30MPG highway. I've been most impressed with this little car. It handles great. It tends to have clunking noises. SYNC is a great feature, although it often doesn't interact too well with Apple products. I tend to use USB flash drives as my on-board music system. It is a bit small, and the seats aren't the most comfortable. It does tend to eat tires and brakes. I'd definitely recommend this, especially over the more expensive Civic/Corolla."