2008 Ford Focus

Based on 413 Ratings for the 2008 - 2011 models.

Below Average Ownership

By on Wednesday, December 10, 2014

Pros: "Great on Gas and plenty of room in the cabin"

Cons: "Bad service from Ford Motor Corp!"

"My review of our 2009 Ford Focus SES car we purchased brand in May of 2009. Manufacturing date is April 2009 and accepted delivery with five miles on odometer. This is a fully dealership serviced car. We take very good car of our cars and follow the recommended service schedule. At 62,359 miles the transmission went out failed on the highway. Ford Motors would not stand behind the extended warranty. They (Ford Motor Corp) claimed we never changed the transmission fluid and filter at 25,000 miles! So the dealership wanted $4356.00 for a brand new transmission! We said no real fast!! Had the car towed to transmission shop and got a rebuild transmission for $1800.00 and the car runs much better. Also we slid into a curb and damaged the front rims and tires. Again Ford Motors wants $300.0 per rim. I said no and purchased a new set of better quality rims and tires for the same price!!! We like the car great on gas! Comfy too! but Ford offers bad customer relations compared to Mercedes Benz my other car. Will not purchase another Ford product!!"

Good commuter; great for tight confines.

By on Friday, October 17, 2014

Pros: "V. economical to own/operate."

Cons: "Temp spare; 'capped' lug nuts."

"I bought this rig to go to projects several miles from my office. It has proven very fuel efficient on the highway (42.7 mpg on last 220 mile round trip) and just under 31 mpg for the life of the vehicle. This includes cold starts and short drives during the winter. Manual transmission is a real plus for winter driving; it handles well on ice and all-season tires are all I need unless there is a big snow day. For that, I own a 4WD pickup."

fun ,economical, reliable

By on Thursday, October 16, 2014

Pros: "fun, economical, comfortable for size."

Cons: "none. great value"

"Enjoyed this car in every way. I retired and no longer need it."

Great car but debatable in hilly snow country

By on Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Pros: "great little car, comfortable ride"

Cons: "Not very good in the snow even with front wheel dr"

"Previously owning a 4-wheel drive, I found the Focus to be a bit light in power in the winter. It was a great little car, no matter how cold the weather - started with the first turn of the key, and was great when the roads were clear of snow. But I live on a hill and I found it quite difficult sometimes with the front wheel drive to get up my driveway with fresh snow of 2 inches or more. It just didn't seem to have the pull power to move up or to even get through a few inches on level ground without a bit of a struggle. Luckily I lived in an area that allowed me to go down the road a bit and get a run at the hill - otherwise I'd have been parking out of the garage and in the weather on the road during the snowfalls. It never gave me any trouble mechanically however and with the heated seats, it was a great comfort in the winter. I will miss it but need a little more power than it can provide for my situation in our north country winters."

I love this car

By on Thursday, October 09, 2014

"It's fun to drive, Manual transmission, peppy for a 4 cylinder, great gas mileage, 29-34 city, 38-40 hwy. good looking."