2007 Ford Focus

7.8

Based on 2008 Ratings for the 2000 - 2007 models.

Great car

By on Wednesday, April 04, 2012

"Have put over 90,000 miles on it since purchasing it. Rides and handles well. No issues other than AC compressor failure."

This is a great car to drive.

By on Friday, August 09, 2013

Pros: "The car was economical when driving."

"This was one of the best cars I have ever purchase. I was disappointed when the dealer told me Ford stopped making it.Gasoline mileage was very good and I was very comfortable driving it on the highway. I loved the fact that the seats fold down for carrying large items. I will keep it until it becomes too expensive to repair."

2003 ford focus SE

By on Sunday, August 17, 2014

Cons: "small back seat, little leg room in back"

"Overall a good car. Had trouble with alternator and battery at 48,000 miles and it sat for a little while. it has 52,000 miles on it now. no rebuilt title. I am the second owner, Elderly woman bought in 2003 brand new, she passed away and her niece received it and then sold it to me in 2011 and I've had it ever since. it is my daily driver, only drive 40 miles a day, gets good gas mileage. handles well."

295,000 miles...what more do I need to say?

By on Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Pros: "reliable, low maintenance, sporty feel, value"

Cons: "no longer available in the US"

"The cargo space is fantastic, I can fit more in this than most vehicles that have specifications of larger volume. This one has carried music gear, kids, just about everything. An economical commuter (I average 29mpg) that feels like it has more power than it does. At 295,000 miles drives like new, doesn't burn oil, still economical and passes smog test like a champ. It handles really well for being a wagon. I do most of the maintenance myself as it is easy to work on, and leave the more complex jobs to the dealer. Unfortunate that the wagon is no longer available in the US. Although styles have changed over the years (and it is a wagon), I still get compliments on how it looks. Thank you Ford!"

Love, love, love

By on Monday, November 09, 2015

Pros: "Great design and gas mileage, hauls anything"

Cons: "They don't sell in US anymore"

"I absolutely loved this car and drove it for over 200000 miles with no major problems. Ford, Ford, please come to your senses and begin selling in the US again. Body style much more dignified than the Volkswagon. Beats Volkswagon with fuel economy too. Was totally ahead of its time. I've held out 13 years, but I'm afraid I'm finally going to have to give it up."

Such a reliable and low maintenance car!

By on Friday, August 31, 2012

"I've had this car now for around 4 years. I bought it from a private seller who kept every reciept down to oil changes, light bulb changes, etc. He kept immaculate care of the car. Since I've owned it, I swear all I've done is changed the air filter (cheap), the battery, gotten oil changes, and replaced the tires. I mean, for a car I payed cash for, it is the BEST money I've ever spent. It's not the most luxurious car in the world,it's not too comfortable on those long drives, but to me, reliability supercedes all of those things. I'm 24, single, with 2 large(er) dogs so the wagon is super for my lifestyle. I highly recommend this car."

affordability

By on Monday, September 02, 2013

Pros: "gas mileage, handling, low cost maintenance"

Cons: "no cruise control"

"My 20yr old daughter has been driving this car for the past few years back and forth from our home in the Southern tier of NY state to college in NYC. It is a 6 hour drive one way. She always talks about how easy it is to maneuver in the city traffic and how cheap it is on gas. She has packed a dorm full of "stuff" several times and still got decent gas mileage. She doesn't like the fact that there is no cruise control but still doesn't want to give it up. My husband likes that it is relatively cheap to repair and maintain. Not really too great in the snow but she drove home in a blizzard and had no accident. She drove slowly and appropriately for the road conditions though."

Great vehicle!

By on Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Pros: "great price; extremely reliable; fun to drive"

Cons: "interior is cheaply made with noisy plastic parts"

"My wife and I have been driving an '05 Ford Focus since May 2007, when we bought it used with a little over 30,000 miles. We have never had any trouble with the car. We are now at over 122,000 miles (that's an average of over 16,700 miles/year). Just last week my wife drove it from Atlanta, GA to Miami, FL with no incident. We will be driving back to Atlanta this weekend. We expect continued superior performance from our Focus. Our only problem has been with the Cd player which stopped working soon after we purchased the car. Other than that, the Focus is a great car with great gas mileage and superior performance. We are currently looking at purchasing another as a second car."

very good vehicle. Poor Dealership

By on Tuesday, January 06, 2009

"leg room minimal otherwise comfortable for tall (6.3 ft.) young adult child. One recall honored with few repairs needed, holds the road well, easy and inexpensive to maintain. Very happy with performance not so with cosmetics. Within a year rust shows on the under carriage even with the Rusty Jones treatment and console between front bucket seats broken. Difficulty wiith dealership to remedy problems appropriately."

Fuel Efficient, Comfortable, Gets Me There

By on Monday, August 05, 2013

Pros: "Fuel efficient, affordable, roomy for its size!"

Cons: "No line-in capability in this 2007 model"

"The Ford Focus was my first car (since 15) and I still love it. It's fuel efficient, comfortable, has plenty of room for my front and back seat passengers, and gets me where I need to go. The Ford Focus series is still very affordable and definitely saves me money when it comes to fuel. Although my Focus is not one of the top of the line trim levels, I love it and have very few problems with it (more or so fluke things, like a button that stuck or a light going out. Little stuff that's easy and affordable to fix), not to mention, up here in North Dakota, our weather is crazy, and this little car has done great through our winters and rarely gets stuck and always starts right up. I highly recommend the Ford Focus for a first car for your teenager, or a smart family purchase. I always feel safe in my Focus, it fits into small parking spots (which rocks!) and is easy to maneuver in town and on the high way. I will certainly be looking into buying another new Focus when I am in need of a new vehicle or the time comes for an upgrade :)"

13 years and runs purrfect!

By on Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Pros: "handles and hugs the road great!"

Cons: "ERG valve/O2 sensor needs constant care- handlable"

"Bought this car out of the showroom. I've never ever owned a vehicle that has brought me to 13, yes, Thirteen!, years. With simple general maintenance and upkeep it's never left me stranded anywhere and starts every single morning. I lucked out with this decision, and retrospectively I couldn't be happier. We're plugging away at just over 150K miles and still ticking like a clock. The epitome of "If you treat it well, it treats you well". I just hope when the time comes that when I need another car, a newer Focuses will sustain time like this one has."

I Love this car, best car I have owned yet.

By on Friday, July 26, 2013

Pros: "Fun to drive, cute, sporty little car."

Cons: "Not good to haul a boat or travel trailer."

"I don't put many miles on my car in a year, but this car is a champ. Excellent on gas and great for getting around in busy traffic and easy to park. I have the bright yellow model, and I never lose my car in the parking lot at the mall anymore! Good on the highway and great space to haul groceries, pets, or even patio furniture! I am thinking of selling it instead of trading when I buy a different car, but I will miss my little yellow beauty! I would definitely consider purchasing another Ford Focus. Value and Reliability."

Best car I've ever had

By on Friday, July 05, 2013

Pros: "low maintenance, huge hatch back, totally reliable"

Cons: "no air conditioning"

"I bought my Focus off a Ford lot, new, floor model. It had no air conditioning and roll up windows, but I didn't care. The price was great and I heard the car was too. I did not have to go to a shop for NINE YEARS because nothing ever went wrong with it. I maintained it well, on schedule, etc. Then, only minor things. Recently I had to put a new clutch in and it needs new brakes, but that's it! It gets great gas milage, turns on a dime, has great power for such a small car and a ton of storage room with the back seats down. Seriously. I fit huge furniture in there and things that people thought I could never get in there....This car has been awesome. I hope the new focuses are as reliable. I am buying a new car cuz I need air conditioning at this point. LOVE THE 2003 FORD FOCUS!"

I love my 2002 Ford Focus- UPKEEP IMPORTANT

By on Monday, December 10, 2012

Pros: "great price, affordable maintenance, easy drive"

Cons: "Paint scratches easy, lack of space"

"I got my car back in 2007 when I graduated high school. I wanted a car that is easy/inexpensive to fix, affordable on gas, and reliable. When I purchased this car, the dealer told me all I need to do is keep up with oil changes and maintenance and it will run like a gem- Probably the best advice! This car has been reliable and I have noticed a lot of perks! 1. It is easy to drive 2. Good vision 3. Affordable to service 4. Spacious trunk 5. Easy to clean 6. It's really easy to get used parts for it (such as a door mirror- had to have replaced before) 7. Break-in lock system (shuts off whole system when car locks) except for cigarette lighter/charging port 8. You absolutely cannot break into the car without breaking the window or wedging the door and unlocking it somehow (so always have a spare key- Jimmy sticks don't work) 9. I can charge my phone in my car after turning it off There are a few things that I don't like about this car as well: 1. Paint scratches EASILY 2. Back seat doors don't open very wide 3. Back seats don't have very much leg room 4. Glove compartment does not have a lock on it (I have my GPS and have never had any issues but I would still like this feature) 5. A lot of the features are made with plastic (armrest compartment latch is flimsy- mine has broken) Overall this car is a great college/after high school car and the Pro's totally outweigh the con's of my awesome car! P.S. If you find a video on youtube on a repair, you could either do it yourself or bargain with a auto-repair shop because you will know how long it will take and what it will cost, etc."

good quality

By on Friday, September 21, 2012

"We bought this car 2002 August 4th.my husband and me traveled with it a lot.He once delivered pizza with it for 2 years. We traveled new york twice,ohio,Iowa, and Dallas,Denver... alot of citys.In 10 years it only shut down 2 times. not very serious problems. Our milage made warranty finished early.(1.5 year).so we self payed to repair it. but not very expencive.I love my little focus.I never worried about gas price raised.It doesn't use a lot of gas.I am still driveing it.But I am getting 3rd kid, so I have to change my car soon. That is why I write this review for my little car.It is worth my good words."

Good On Gas - Bad Longevitiy

By on Friday, March 23, 2012

Pros: "good on gas, plenty of engine power."

Cons: "low quality parts used to build vehicle."

"I get up to 23 mpg in town and up to 31 mpg hwy. I am short and love the tiny little car, my fiance is over six feet tall and is a sardine in my car. It has low-profile tires that I do not like, they blow out very easily. It has a zippy little engine with plenty of get-up-and go power. The moon roof is also fabulous! Odd things started to nickel and dime me at about 40k (I purchased it at 14k). The front axle was replaced and needs to be done again. The intake manifold sensor was replaced. at about 60K the wipers started to freeze up in mid-swipe, I have to keep tapping the handle to make the full swipe now. The is less room in the hatch-trunk than I expected. I also have a noise coming from the back end recently which needs to be looked at. The power steering pump is going out also. I have kept regular maintenance on this vehicle, I just think the cheap parts it was build with were not meant to last."

Solid Commuter Vehicle

By on Saturday, September 01, 2007

"this is the third Ford Focus owned. All three have been extremely depending and offer comfort, great handling, and good gas mileage around town. I do a great deal of commuting and in-town travel and this car is very well-suited. If reliability and value are what you're after...this is the one."

great car even got one for my daughter

By on Tuesday, June 10, 2014

"great car for the money good pep reliable affordable only complaint is the wear of brakes but that seems to be a ford issue in general. This is the third focus i have purchased and would not hesitate to purchase another."

Best Commuting Car I've Had

By on Monday, April 07, 2014

Pros: "Great handling, gas mileage and motor longevity."

Cons: "Manual windows (LX, duh), not much pickup."

"I bought this car 6 months ago with 175,000 for $1500. I feel like I got the best deal! I drive this car 100 miles a day and I plan to do so until this little car can't go anymore. I find myself pricing newer Foci all the time! When this car doesn't run anymore I am DEFINITELY getting a newer one! I love this car even if it doesn't have all the creature comforts of a 2010+ model year. I get great gas mileage (only $35 to fill up!) I get ~335 miles per tank. I wish they made this car in a v6, because the only thing I don't like is the pick up power. There isn't much. :)"

This car is so reliable and it just keeps on going

By on Friday, February 21, 2014

Pros: "affordle, reliable, good on gas, strong built,fast"

Cons: "has small emision leak, doesnt effect driving"

"I got a good deal on my 2001 zts focus because it had 240000 miles when I bought it. I was skeptical at first but when I test drove it surprisingly checked out, even with such high miles. This car did not even have a rebuild on the engine or tranny, everything is all original on the engine and tranny. And proud to say I am still driving it and have been for over a year now and It has reached up to 270000 miles now and still going strong. Never left me stranded. In fact when I first bought it I just did a really good tune up on it and I took it on an 11 hour drive and it did absolutely great, with no problems."

Great carf

By on Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Pros: "fun to drive"

Cons: "small inside, no place for your purse"

"This car has the bigger engine (2.3) so has great power. It drives like a sports car. It's been very dependable and economical. I would buy one again."

Love my ford!

By on Monday, May 20, 2013

Pros: "Lots of power for a little car"

Cons: "Cramped when in back"

"I love this car! I have never had any major issues just wear and tear maintenance such as; changing oil, brakes and the battery after many years. It was brand new when I got it, it just got off the truck and had 12 miles on it after the test drive. The only thing that is a bummer I need to get a new clutch soon after 9 years. It has never broken down or anything on me and has been super reliable."

Best car Ive ever owned!

By on Thursday, February 14, 2013

Pros: "Great price, sooooo reliable, I love the style"

Cons: "Kindof uncomfortable so you have to get used to it"

"I bought this car a year ago, I am a young college student that drives frequently, over 60 miles a day and my car is perfect! Nothing has ever ever gone wrong with it! All I need is the oil change and my car is up and ready to go. The only kind of bad thing is it's kind of uncomfortable you have to get used to it & it rattles very easily. My side view mirrors shake when Im parked, and my window handle broke while I was rolling the windows down, but other than that this car is absolutely perfect!"

Economical, stylish, perfect car for the wallet!

By on Thursday, September 27, 2012

Pros: "Price, Fuel Economy, Quick, Roomy Interior"

Cons: "Noisy inside cabin, small glovebox"

"I bought the car April 2011 and have loved the car ever since. It was a great value to buy, fuel economy is excellent and I get 30 MPG. Nothing has gone wrong with the car since I purchased it, reliability is excellent and has impressed me greatly. My only gripe is the engine bay is not well-insulated so there is more engine noise in the cabin that I would like. This is my only complaint, however. I own a ZX4 S so it is the basic model, no bells and whistles, so if you are looking for luxury then this is the wrong place to look. For the money, however, it has all you need. Great car for the budget-conscious. Styling is also impressive, it won't turn lots of heads but it also won't make you recoil in horror. For a compact sedan it has good trunk space, steering is responsive and gives good feedback, and all round I would certainly recommend this car to anyone looking for a wallet-friendly car."

GREAT LITTLE CAR VERY DEPENDABLE LOVE IT

By on Saturday, June 30, 2012

Pros: "FUN TO DRIVE AND ECONOMICAL"

"THIS IS ONE OF THE BEST CARS I HAVE EVER OWNED. IT IS VERY ATTRACTIVE, EASY TO DRIVE, ECONOMICAL AND EXTREMELY DEPENDABLE. IT WILL BE EIGHT YEARS OLD IN AUGUST AND I HAVE HAD TO DO VERY LITTLE MAINTENANCE OTHER THAN OIL CHANGES AND NEW TIRES. LOVE IT, LOVE IT, LOVE IT"