2007 Ford Focus

7.7

Based on 1932 Ratings for the 2000 - 2007 models.

Sporty and fun to drive

By on Tuesday, July 24, 2007

"I leased this car new when they first came out. It's very fast, fun to drive, corners awesome, and does very well on gas, over 40 mpg on the freeway windows shut a/c on. I was hesitant to order it at first thinking the insurance would be high since it is technically a high performance car. I checked with my insurance company before ordering the car and it was only $650.00 for the year so I ordered it. I have been very satisfied with it since day one. It is a GREAT car."

When life gives you lemons... Don't buy a Focus.

By on Monday, July 23, 2007

"Don't Buy a Focus. I purchased a 2003 ZX5 for $11000 in 2005. It's nice, blue, and cute- a hatchback with tons of room. The cab, outside, wheels, all of them are great. Mechanically speaking, the car has been a nightmare. I have replaced: $600- the key turnstile (Ford updated the part because foci are notorious for having their keys not mesh in the ignition correctly, therefore not cranking) after 72K $100- distributor gasket on engine needed to be replaced because it was leaking oil after 69K $200- power steering pump went out after 60K $300- 4 new tires plus an alignment Now, it's hit 91K and there's a bad bearing in the clutch or my throwout bearing is bad- a $1500+ repair. With the transmission/clutch repair, the car will have eaten almost $3k, and I owe $7k. The car is valued around $3500. Thanks, Ford. This car is a piece of junk. I only hope someone wrecks into me, it's their fault, and they total the car that way my gap insurance will cover me. Don't buy a Focus."

By on Monday, July 23, 2007

"I own a 2001 Ford Focus ZX3. I bought new and have had little problems with it. Worst thing about the car is going through tires quickly, but that is not the cars fault. I highly recommend sticking with OEM or similar if you replace the tires. They will last you 36-40,000 miles. My brakes lasted 75,000 miles on original set. The seats are sooooo comfortable for short or long trips. Roas noise suffers, but crank the radio and don't wiorry about it! Low cost maintenace, good gas mileage, and reliable car."

love, love, love, my focus

By on Monday, July 23, 2007

"reliable performance plenty of pickup with my automatic transmission fabulous gas mileage may not be comfortable for taller drivers/passengers great car for commuters wanting to save on that gas bill!"

Very Good Car

By on Sunday, July 22, 2007

"I definitely recommend the Focus. Plus side: Great interior space. Good driver visibility. Handling and acceleration are very good. Reliability has been very good with only one mechanical problem in seven years (broken engine mount). Gas mileage is good, about 24 mpg in town and 30 mpg on the highway. Down side: Quality of interior and exterior materials could be better. The car is very hard on tires."

See if you qualify for