2006 Ford Focus

7.8

Based on 2019 Ratings for the 2000 - 2007 models.

I love my 2002 Ford Focus- UPKEEP IMPORTANT

By on Monday, December 10, 2012

Pros: "great price, affordable maintenance, easy drive"

Cons: "Paint scratches easy, lack of space"

"I got my car back in 2007 when I graduated high school. I wanted a car that is easy/inexpensive to fix, affordable on gas, and reliable. When I purchased this car, the dealer told me all I need to do is keep up with oil changes and maintenance and it will run like a gem- Probably the best advice! This car has been reliable and I have noticed a lot of perks! 1. It is easy to drive 2. Good vision 3. Affordable to service 4. Spacious trunk 5. Easy to clean 6. It's really easy to get used parts for it (such as a door mirror- had to have replaced before) 7. Break-in lock system (shuts off whole system when car locks) except for cigarette lighter/charging port 8. You absolutely cannot break into the car without breaking the window or wedging the door and unlocking it somehow (so always have a spare key- Jimmy sticks don't work) 9. I can charge my phone in my car after turning it off There are a few things that I don't like about this car as well: 1. Paint scratches EASILY 2. Back seat doors don't open very wide 3. Back seats don't have very much leg room 4. Glove compartment does not have a lock on it (I have my GPS and have never had any issues but I would still like this feature) 5. A lot of the features are made with plastic (armrest compartment latch is flimsy- mine has broken) Overall this car is a great college/after high school car and the Pro's totally outweigh the con's of my awesome car! P.S. If you find a video on youtube on a repair, you could either do it yourself or bargain with a auto-repair shop because you will know how long it will take and what it will cost, etc."

I Love this car, best car I have owned yet.

By on Friday, July 26, 2013

Pros: "Fun to drive, cute, sporty little car."

Cons: "Not good to haul a boat or travel trailer."

"I don't put many miles on my car in a year, but this car is a champ. Excellent on gas and great for getting around in busy traffic and easy to park. I have the bright yellow model, and I never lose my car in the parking lot at the mall anymore! Good on the highway and great space to haul groceries, pets, or even patio furniture! I am thinking of selling it instead of trading when I buy a different car, but I will miss my little yellow beauty! I would definitely consider purchasing another Ford Focus. Value and Reliability."

Solid Commuter Vehicle

By on Saturday, September 1, 2007

"this is the third Ford Focus owned. All three have been extremely depending and offer comfort, great handling, and good gas mileage around town. I do a great deal of commuting and in-town travel and this car is very well-suited. If reliability and value are what you're after...this is the one."

great car even got one for my daughter

By on Tuesday, June 10, 2014

"great car for the money good pep reliable affordable only complaint is the wear of brakes but that seems to be a ford issue in general. This is the third focus i have purchased and would not hesitate to purchase another."

Best Commuting Car I've Had

By on Monday, April 7, 2014

Pros: "Great handling, gas mileage and motor longevity."

Cons: "Manual windows (LX, duh), not much pickup."

"I bought this car 6 months ago with 175,000 for $1500. I feel like I got the best deal! I drive this car 100 miles a day and I plan to do so until this little car can't go anymore. I find myself pricing newer Foci all the time! When this car doesn't run anymore I am DEFINITELY getting a newer one! I love this car even if it doesn't have all the creature comforts of a 2010+ model year. I get great gas mileage (only $35 to fill up!) I get ~335 miles per tank. I wish they made this car in a v6, because the only thing I don't like is the pick up power. There isn't much. :)"