2005 Ford Focus

7.8

Based on 2008 Ratings for the 2000 - 2007 models.

Great car

By on Wednesday, April 04, 2012

"Have put over 90,000 miles on it since purchasing it. Rides and handles well. No issues other than AC compressor failure."

This is a great car to drive.

By on Friday, August 09, 2013

Pros: "The car was economical when driving."

"This was one of the best cars I have ever purchase. I was disappointed when the dealer told me Ford stopped making it.Gasoline mileage was very good and I was very comfortable driving it on the highway. I loved the fact that the seats fold down for carrying large items. I will keep it until it becomes too expensive to repair."

2003 ford focus SE

By on Sunday, August 17, 2014

Cons: "small back seat, little leg room in back"

"Overall a good car. Had trouble with alternator and battery at 48,000 miles and it sat for a little while. it has 52,000 miles on it now. no rebuilt title. I am the second owner, Elderly woman bought in 2003 brand new, she passed away and her niece received it and then sold it to me in 2011 and I've had it ever since. it is my daily driver, only drive 40 miles a day, gets good gas mileage. handles well."

295,000 miles...what more do I need to say?

By on Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Pros: "reliable, low maintenance, sporty feel, value"

Cons: "no longer available in the US"

"The cargo space is fantastic, I can fit more in this than most vehicles that have specifications of larger volume. This one has carried music gear, kids, just about everything. An economical commuter (I average 29mpg) that feels like it has more power than it does. At 295,000 miles drives like new, doesn't burn oil, still economical and passes smog test like a champ. It handles really well for being a wagon. I do most of the maintenance myself as it is easy to work on, and leave the more complex jobs to the dealer. Unfortunate that the wagon is no longer available in the US. Although styles have changed over the years (and it is a wagon), I still get compliments on how it looks. Thank you Ford!"

Love, love, love

By on Monday, November 09, 2015

Pros: "Great design and gas mileage, hauls anything"

Cons: "They don't sell in US anymore"

"I absolutely loved this car and drove it for over 200000 miles with no major problems. Ford, Ford, please come to your senses and begin selling in the US again. Body style much more dignified than the Volkswagon. Beats Volkswagon with fuel economy too. Was totally ahead of its time. I've held out 13 years, but I'm afraid I'm finally going to have to give it up."

Such a reliable and low maintenance car!

By on Friday, August 31, 2012

"I've had this car now for around 4 years. I bought it from a private seller who kept every reciept down to oil changes, light bulb changes, etc. He kept immaculate care of the car. Since I've owned it, I swear all I've done is changed the air filter (cheap), the battery, gotten oil changes, and replaced the tires. I mean, for a car I payed cash for, it is the BEST money I've ever spent. It's not the most luxurious car in the world,it's not too comfortable on those long drives, but to me, reliability supercedes all of those things. I'm 24, single, with 2 large(er) dogs so the wagon is super for my lifestyle. I highly recommend this car."

affordability

By on Monday, September 02, 2013

Pros: "gas mileage, handling, low cost maintenance"

Cons: "no cruise control"

"My 20yr old daughter has been driving this car for the past few years back and forth from our home in the Southern tier of NY state to college in NYC. It is a 6 hour drive one way. She always talks about how easy it is to maneuver in the city traffic and how cheap it is on gas. She has packed a dorm full of "stuff" several times and still got decent gas mileage. She doesn't like the fact that there is no cruise control but still doesn't want to give it up. My husband likes that it is relatively cheap to repair and maintain. Not really too great in the snow but she drove home in a blizzard and had no accident. She drove slowly and appropriately for the road conditions though."

Great vehicle!

By on Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Pros: "great price; extremely reliable; fun to drive"

Cons: "interior is cheaply made with noisy plastic parts"

"My wife and I have been driving an '05 Ford Focus since May 2007, when we bought it used with a little over 30,000 miles. We have never had any trouble with the car. We are now at over 122,000 miles (that's an average of over 16,700 miles/year). Just last week my wife drove it from Atlanta, GA to Miami, FL with no incident. We will be driving back to Atlanta this weekend. We expect continued superior performance from our Focus. Our only problem has been with the Cd player which stopped working soon after we purchased the car. Other than that, the Focus is a great car with great gas mileage and superior performance. We are currently looking at purchasing another as a second car."

very good vehicle. Poor Dealership

By on Tuesday, January 06, 2009

"leg room minimal otherwise comfortable for tall (6.3 ft.) young adult child. One recall honored with few repairs needed, holds the road well, easy and inexpensive to maintain. Very happy with performance not so with cosmetics. Within a year rust shows on the under carriage even with the Rusty Jones treatment and console between front bucket seats broken. Difficulty wiith dealership to remedy problems appropriately."

Fuel Efficient, Comfortable, Gets Me There

By on Monday, August 05, 2013

Pros: "Fuel efficient, affordable, roomy for its size!"

Cons: "No line-in capability in this 2007 model"

"The Ford Focus was my first car (since 15) and I still love it. It's fuel efficient, comfortable, has plenty of room for my front and back seat passengers, and gets me where I need to go. The Ford Focus series is still very affordable and definitely saves me money when it comes to fuel. Although my Focus is not one of the top of the line trim levels, I love it and have very few problems with it (more or so fluke things, like a button that stuck or a light going out. Little stuff that's easy and affordable to fix), not to mention, up here in North Dakota, our weather is crazy, and this little car has done great through our winters and rarely gets stuck and always starts right up. I highly recommend the Ford Focus for a first car for your teenager, or a smart family purchase. I always feel safe in my Focus, it fits into small parking spots (which rocks!) and is easy to maneuver in town and on the high way. I will certainly be looking into buying another new Focus when I am in need of a new vehicle or the time comes for an upgrade :)"