2005 Ford Focus

7.7

Based on 1956 Ratings for the 2000 - 2007 models.

Love it

By on Friday, October 17, 2014

Pros: "great car to drive very fuel effecient"

Cons: "neds to be a little roomier"

"I love my car but when I first got it I did not know how to drive it as never had driven manual, but after I learned how to drive it I love it, also when I bought it the car dealership did not inform me there was a leak in power steering and so for the first 3 months it was slowly leaking until the pump broke and by then warranty was up and they refused to fix it. But otherwise I love it a lot like my Ford Escort I had."

2001 Ford Focus ZTS Sedan-271,000 Miles

By on Tuesday, October 07, 2014

Pros: "Steady, reliable car."

Cons: "Difficult for DIY mechanic to work on."

"My wife and I have had this car since 2001. No mechanical issues with the car other than replacing components that normally wear with age (brakes, water pump, belts, brake lines, etc.). Nice design inside and out. Ergonomics are good. Seats are comfortable on long drives."

Decent vehicle, poor longevity

By on Friday, September 26, 2014

Pros: "Good value, good interior"

Cons: "Poor longevity, cramped cabin"

"The 2006 Ford Focus was made right around when Ford made huge adjustments to their cars in the right direction. It was the beginning of a transition into an era of quality Ford automobiles. As such, the 2006 Ford Focus has many of the pros of a new generation Ford with some of the quirks and cons that they hadn't quite shaken off yet. It's a mixture of "bad Ford," "good Ford." With low milage and good maintenance, this is a terrific car. The interior isn't incredibly comfortable and the room is cramped, but it's still well designed and fun to drive. The improvements over the 2005 Focus are numerous and needed. The reliability and longevity of the car, however, reflect the old Ford style. It will get louder, run worse, and break more often than other cars of the same year. Its saving grace is that it is cheaper to repair. However, approaching 200,000 miles on my Ford Focus, I am beginning to realize I'm actually approaching the end of the car's life. This saddens me, because I genuinely enjoy my 2006 Ford Focus, despite its flaws. Since I've owned it, I've taken good care of it, but it's unclear how the original owner treated it. I would say "fair," which leads me to believe the car would probably run better had it been babied its whole life. Honestly, though, what percentage of people deliver optimum maintenance on a timely basis to their cars? This is definitely a car that requires it, as the quality of the build just can't withstand time as well as others. All in all, it's a good, cheap car. If you can find one that has been taken care of and has less than 120,000 miles on it, snatch it up! You'll love it. Just realize that this will not be a car that you can drive years and years into the future."

Hands down best car I owned

By on Saturday, September 20, 2014

Pros: "Great on Gas, Handlles well, Hatch very convenient"

Cons: "None at all"

"Bought this car in '05 with 24000 miles for $8000. Have owned several other similar Ford Focuses also very good. It is a hatchback so I sold my truck. Car has been very reliable and easy to drive, easy to park, and gets 33 to 34 miles per gallon. If you buy one, do as I have done and stick with the Zetec Dual Overhead Cam (DOHC) and avoid the SOHC Split Port Motor as they had some major engine issues. Great little car and lots of fun to drive too. Highly Recommended !"

very happy with this car!

By on Thursday, September 18, 2014

Pros: "great gas mileage!"

Cons: "seats could be more comfortable, miss cruise contr"

"Really good car, like the way it drives, looks great, and I am so happy with my gas mileage vs my old car."