2004 Ford Focus

7.8

Based on 1990 Ratings for the 2000 - 2007 models.

Great Small Car

By on Thursday, April 17, 2008

"I bought my Focus new from the dealership and feel I got a great deal for my money. They had at the time a 4 thousand dollar rebate and I got into it at a low rate due to my excellent credit history. This car provides me reliable transportation to and from work plus saves me on gas when I take trips. This car does good on 3 to 4 hundred mile trips also and has a great ride. I would buy another when this one wears out. I wanted a Toyota or a Honda more but you would never make up the difference in the amount of money between the Focus or either other in the long run. A car is a must have in our lives and they all wear out and lose money as they age. You cant go wrong with the Focus if you get into it with good rebates. One report I read stated it was a consumer best buy for the 2005 model I got. I heard the early Focus cars were trouble but this has yet to show it ugly side to me. The only trouble I have had is sometimes the hatchback does not latch on first try closing but always does when you push it back down. This is a rare occurance and not enough trouble to me to take to the dealer. I have so far put about 55 thousand trouble free mile on it. I am 50 years old and have owned a lot of vehicles in my life and used to work on vehicles for a living so I can say with my experience this is a good dependable car. As with all vehicles I have ever owned I can say the life of any car or truck is changing the oil in the motor every 3000 to 3500 miles regularly."

A+++ for safety

By on Friday, July 06, 2007

"Last week I was involved in a head-on collision with a drunk driver. My 2002 Ford Focus SE is completely totaled (I just heard that today actually), yet I came out of it with nothing but a large bruise from the seat belt. The airbags went off immediately, but the seat belts tightened up so quickly that I didn't even come in contact with the air bag. That car was my baby and I'm doing everything I can to find the same one elsewhere. I would recommend this vehicle to anyone, I can say from experience this is one of the safest cars I've ever been in. If that accident had happened in my old car (a 98 Kia Sephia) I'm certain that even if I had survived I know wouldn't be feeling up to writing a used car review right now."

Fun and economy

By on Sunday, September 16, 2007

"My wife and I bought 2 Focuses as we had a 100 mile daily commute to work before retirement. Both are manual transmission. With a combined nearly 60,000 miles there have been NO problems of any kind, both still look and drive like new and are still great handling, comfortable and just plain fun. We live in the Sierra Nevada mountains, so most driving is hills and curves. The Focus handles this terrain better than competitors we drove (Civic, Corrolla, Aveo) primarily due to responsive handling and great engine flexibility. It's not "peaky" or fussy, just a broad torque curve and good throttle response. We would not recommend the automatic. It's OK, but robs the car of not only power but also personality. The manual transmission yields much faster response and better economy. Speaking of which, both cars routinely do 31-33 MPG in local drivin, 34-38 on freeway trips with a "personal best" of 40.1 MPG (nice weather, no traffic, steady 55 over to the coast) and a "personal worst" of 28.4 (Los Angeles traffic, miserable weather). Our two Focuses soak up mountain potholes, S curves and extremes of weather (winter snow, summer heat) without complaints or problems. And, they are lasting as well as any vehicles we have ever owned, at any price including some"premium" vehicles."

Great car

By on Wednesday, April 04, 2012

"Have put over 90,000 miles on it since purchasing it. Rides and handles well. No issues other than AC compressor failure."

Good value for the price

By on Monday, January 14, 2008

"Great car, is great in Snow and Rain. Is a little rough on the brakes and tires though under normal conditions. Had a small bubblein the paint but Ford took care of this. Would be nice to have a little more room in the back seat for leg room. I am tall and I fit in the car very well. Would buy another one, unless I had the money for the Fussion. Both very good cars. Better than the import junk that I purchased a couple of years ago."