2003 Ford Focus

7.8

Based on 1999 Ratings for the 2000 - 2007 models.

Good value for the price

By on Monday, January 14, 2008

"Great car, is great in Snow and Rain. Is a little rough on the brakes and tires though under normal conditions. Had a small bubblein the paint but Ford took care of this. Would be nice to have a little more room in the back seat for leg room. I am tall and I fit in the car very well. Would buy another one, unless I had the money for the Fussion. Both very good cars. Better than the import junk that I purchased a couple of years ago."

Great car

By on Wednesday, April 04, 2012

"Have put over 90,000 miles on it since purchasing it. Rides and handles well. No issues other than AC compressor failure."

400K by 2014!! I.m a courier. I LOVE This car.

By on Saturday, August 10, 2013

Pros: "Prefect for any shipping needs, maneuvers in city!"

Cons: "Air bag light always on, can't change air filter."

"I got it new in Jan 2007. I love this car! My boyfriend is a mechanic, we have maintained it well: full syn oil, good tires, new air box housing, etc. I been running for a courier service for 3.5yrs. I average 90000 annually. I can Fit Almost Any size box in my car. I've had up to 800lbs of dialysis fluid packed in. I have slept, Lots of Nights, in the back cargo area. Dislikes. The air bag light has been on the majority of the time. The air box housing. You can NOT change the air filter! I just replaced the air box with a Changeable Air Filter housing. Now the engine can breath, it's more zippy! It was well worth it. Soon I'll be needing a new car. I average over 7000miles that's +$700 in gas a month! I need to cut my fuel bill. I'm considering a hybrid. Sad to said it, I might buy a foreign car next. I still plan on owning it for a few more years, just not as a work vehicle."

This is a great car to drive.

By on Friday, August 09, 2013

Pros: "The car was economical when driving."

"This was one of the best cars I have ever purchase. I was disappointed when the dealer told me Ford stopped making it.Gasoline mileage was very good and I was very comfortable driving it on the highway. I loved the fact that the seats fold down for carrying large items. I will keep it until it becomes too expensive to repair."

2003 ford focus SE

By on Sunday, August 17, 2014

Cons: "small back seat, little leg room in back"

"Overall a good car. Had trouble with alternator and battery at 48,000 miles and it sat for a little while. it has 52,000 miles on it now. no rebuilt title. I am the second owner, Elderly woman bought in 2003 brand new, she passed away and her niece received it and then sold it to me in 2011 and I've had it ever since. it is my daily driver, only drive 40 miles a day, gets good gas mileage. handles well."

Ran it to DEATH

By on Thursday, April 24, 2014

Pros: "No oil burn like sooo many other cars."

Cons: "ignition coil failed twice. cheap replacement part"

"$16,000.00 loaded car in 2002. 200+ thousand miles. Typical wear and tear troubles. Original shocks and struts lasted 120,000 miles. NEVER used / burned oil...to this day. Transmission still going with only semi-annual filter and fluid changes. Buy GOOD tires and GOOD spark plugs, no worries."

By on Tuesday, January 06, 2009

"I bought the 2002 Ford Focus ZX3 used with 98,000 and it was great!! Never had any problems. A full gas tank lasted me a week and some change. Got in a 4 car pile-up on the interstate and not a scratch on me...the car held up pretty well...but had to be totaled ...great car though!!!"

Excellent basic transportation

By on Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Pros: "It is a kick to drive! Snappy."

Cons: "Front seats are un-comfortable but I fixed that!"

"I have owned and driven the Focus for 8 years, and have had no problems! I live in the country and have gravel roads to contend with. Heavy snow in the winter and mud in the spring. Not much of a problem since buying good ground grip tires. The back seat folds forward to allow a lot of different types of cargo to be loaded through the trunk and rear doors. That was the main selling point for me. I have hauled 40 steel fence posts, three spools of barbed wire and enough groceries for a week. The heaviest load was 750 pounds of frozen hamburger. I could barely shift the transmission, and had to turn the heater up all the way. The best mileage was 39.8 on a long high way trip, but most of my driving is to town and back, so MPG is usually 35.."

295,000 miles...what more do I need to say?

By on Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Pros: "reliable, low maintenance, sporty feel, value"

Cons: "no longer available in the US"

"The cargo space is fantastic, I can fit more in this than most vehicles that have specifications of larger volume. This one has carried music gear, kids, just about everything. An economical commuter (I average 29mpg) that feels like it has more power than it does. At 295,000 miles drives like new, doesn't burn oil, still economical and passes smog test like a champ. It handles really well for being a wagon. I do most of the maintenance myself as it is easy to work on, and leave the more complex jobs to the dealer. Unfortunate that the wagon is no longer available in the US. Although styles have changed over the years (and it is a wagon), I still get compliments on how it looks. Thank you Ford!"

Great vehicle!

By on Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Pros: "great price; extremely reliable; fun to drive"

Cons: "interior is cheaply made with noisy plastic parts"

"My wife and I have been driving an '05 Ford Focus since May 2007, when we bought it used with a little over 30,000 miles. We have never had any trouble with the car. We are now at over 122,000 miles (that's an average of over 16,700 miles/year). Just last week my wife drove it from Atlanta, GA to Miami, FL with no incident. We will be driving back to Atlanta this weekend. We expect continued superior performance from our Focus. Our only problem has been with the Cd player which stopped working soon after we purchased the car. Other than that, the Focus is a great car with great gas mileage and superior performance. We are currently looking at purchasing another as a second car."