2002 Ford Focus

7.8

Based on 2018 Ratings for the 2000 - 2007 models.

Great car

By on Wednesday, April 4, 2012

"Have put over 90,000 miles on it since purchasing it. Rides and handles well. No issues other than AC compressor failure."

Fuel Efficient, Comfortable, Gets Me There

By on Monday, August 5, 2013

Pros: "Fuel efficient, affordable, roomy for its size!"

Cons: "No line-in capability in this 2007 model"

"The Ford Focus was my first car (since 15) and I still love it. It's fuel efficient, comfortable, has plenty of room for my front and back seat passengers, and gets me where I need to go. The Ford Focus series is still very affordable and definitely saves me money when it comes to fuel. Although my Focus is not one of the top of the line trim levels, I love it and have very few problems with it (more or so fluke things, like a button that stuck or a light going out. Little stuff that's easy and affordable to fix), not to mention, up here in North Dakota, our weather is crazy, and this little car has done great through our winters and rarely gets stuck and always starts right up. I highly recommend the Ford Focus for a first car for your teenager, or a smart family purchase. I always feel safe in my Focus, it fits into small parking spots (which rocks!) and is easy to maneuver in town and on the high way. I will certainly be looking into buying another new Focus when I am in need of a new vehicle or the time comes for an upgrade :)"

very good vehicle. Poor Dealership

By on Tuesday, January 6, 2009

"leg room minimal otherwise comfortable for tall (6.3 ft.) young adult child. One recall honored with few repairs needed, holds the road well, easy and inexpensive to maintain. Very happy with performance not so with cosmetics. Within a year rust shows on the under carriage even with the Rusty Jones treatment and console between front bucket seats broken. Difficulty wiith dealership to remedy problems appropriately."

Best car I've ever had

By on Friday, July 5, 2013

Pros: "low maintenance, huge hatch back, totally reliable"

Cons: "no air conditioning"

"I bought my Focus off a Ford lot, new, floor model. It had no air conditioning and roll up windows, but I didn't care. The price was great and I heard the car was too. I did not have to go to a shop for NINE YEARS because nothing ever went wrong with it. I maintained it well, on schedule, etc. Then, only minor things. Recently I had to put a new clutch in and it needs new brakes, but that's it! It gets great gas milage, turns on a dime, has great power for such a small car and a ton of storage room with the back seats down. Seriously. I fit huge furniture in there and things that people thought I could never get in there....This car has been awesome. I hope the new focuses are as reliable. I am buying a new car cuz I need air conditioning at this point. LOVE THE 2003 FORD FOCUS!"

Good On Gas - Bad Longevitiy

By on Friday, March 23, 2012

Pros: "good on gas, plenty of engine power."

Cons: "low quality parts used to build vehicle."

"I get up to 23 mpg in town and up to 31 mpg hwy. I am short and love the tiny little car, my fiance is over six feet tall and is a sardine in my car. It has low-profile tires that I do not like, they blow out very easily. It has a zippy little engine with plenty of get-up-and go power. The moon roof is also fabulous! Odd things started to nickel and dime me at about 40k (I purchased it at 14k). The front axle was replaced and needs to be done again. The intake manifold sensor was replaced. at about 60K the wipers started to freeze up in mid-swipe, I have to keep tapping the handle to make the full swipe now. The is less room in the hatch-trunk than I expected. I also have a noise coming from the back end recently which needs to be looked at. The power steering pump is going out also. I have kept regular maintenance on this vehicle, I just think the cheap parts it was build with were not meant to last."