2002 Ford Focus

7.8

Based on 1987 Ratings for the 2000 - 2007 models.

Excellent basic transportation

By on Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Pros: "It is a kick to drive! Snappy."

Cons: "Front seats are un-comfortable but I fixed that!"

"I have owned and driven the Focus for 8 years, and have had no problems! I live in the country and have gravel roads to contend with. Heavy snow in the winter and mud in the spring. Not much of a problem since buying good ground grip tires. The back seat folds forward to allow a lot of different types of cargo to be loaded through the trunk and rear doors. That was the main selling point for me. I have hauled 40 steel fence posts, three spools of barbed wire and enough groceries for a week. The heaviest load was 750 pounds of frozen hamburger. I could barely shift the transmission, and had to turn the heater up all the way. The best mileage was 39.8 on a long high way trip, but most of my driving is to town and back, so MPG is usually 35.."

400K by 2014!! I.m a courier. I LOVE This car.

By on Saturday, August 10, 2013

Pros: "Prefect for any shipping needs, maneuvers in city!"

Cons: "Air bag light always on, can't change air filter."

"I got it new in Jan 2007. I love this car! My boyfriend is a mechanic, we have maintained it well: full syn oil, good tires, new air box housing, etc. I been running for a courier service for 3.5yrs. I average 90000 annually. I can Fit Almost Any size box in my car. I've had up to 800lbs of dialysis fluid packed in. I have slept, Lots of Nights, in the back cargo area. Dislikes. The air bag light has been on the majority of the time. The air box housing. You can NOT change the air filter! I just replaced the air box with a Changeable Air Filter housing. Now the engine can breath, it's more zippy! It was well worth it. Soon I'll be needing a new car. I average over 7000miles that's +$700 in gas a month! I need to cut my fuel bill. I'm considering a hybrid. Sad to said it, I might buy a foreign car next. I still plan on owning it for a few more years, just not as a work vehicle."

295,000 miles...what more do I need to say?

By on Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Pros: "reliable, low maintenance, sporty feel, value"

Cons: "no longer available in the US"

"The cargo space is fantastic, I can fit more in this than most vehicles that have specifications of larger volume. This one has carried music gear, kids, just about everything. An economical commuter (I average 29mpg) that feels like it has more power than it does. At 295,000 miles drives like new, doesn't burn oil, still economical and passes smog test like a champ. It handles really well for being a wagon. I do most of the maintenance myself as it is easy to work on, and leave the more complex jobs to the dealer. Unfortunate that the wagon is no longer available in the US. Although styles have changed over the years (and it is a wagon), I still get compliments on how it looks. Thank you Ford!"

Great vehicle!

By on Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Pros: "great price; extremely reliable; fun to drive"

Cons: "interior is cheaply made with noisy plastic parts"

"My wife and I have been driving an '05 Ford Focus since May 2007, when we bought it used with a little over 30,000 miles. We have never had any trouble with the car. We are now at over 122,000 miles (that's an average of over 16,700 miles/year). Just last week my wife drove it from Atlanta, GA to Miami, FL with no incident. We will be driving back to Atlanta this weekend. We expect continued superior performance from our Focus. Our only problem has been with the Cd player which stopped working soon after we purchased the car. Other than that, the Focus is a great car with great gas mileage and superior performance. We are currently looking at purchasing another as a second car."

Such a reliable and low maintenance car!

By on Friday, August 31, 2012

"I've had this car now for around 4 years. I bought it from a private seller who kept every reciept down to oil changes, light bulb changes, etc. He kept immaculate care of the car. Since I've owned it, I swear all I've done is changed the air filter (cheap), the battery, gotten oil changes, and replaced the tires. I mean, for a car I payed cash for, it is the BEST money I've ever spent. It's not the most luxurious car in the world,it's not too comfortable on those long drives, but to me, reliability supercedes all of those things. I'm 24, single, with 2 large(er) dogs so the wagon is super for my lifestyle. I highly recommend this car."