2002 Ford Focus

7.7

Based on 1948 Ratings for the 2000 - 2007 models.

Nimble daily driver

By on Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Pros: "Quick, nimble, fun"

Cons: "not comfortable for really long trips"

"Quick nimble car that reliably gets you from point A to point B. It is a joy to throw around the curvy roads and makes a 30 minute commute bearable. I believe the car handles better than 85% of other vehicles on the road. I usually give up long before the handling does. Easy to park and maneuver and the hatch is the best thing ever."

best car so far

By on Monday, August 25, 2014

"its very reliable, easy on gas, not hard to drive, very comfirtable"

Has been and still is an excellent auto!

By on Thursday, August 21, 2014

Pros: "Great car...not for sale!"

Cons: "Maybe could use a tilt wheel."

"Focus, which I bought new, has been a great car! Almost 200M and still doesn't use oil. I have been very religous about oil and filter changes. Have had a few minor issues...fuel pump; motor mounts; electric windows on 2 rear doors gave me problems. A/C still will freeze you out. Usually get 40-50M out of front disc brakes. Never any transmission issues (but I serviced it on time!). No car is ever trouble-free, including this one...but it's over 13 years old and still going strong! (you're right, I'm a Ford person!)"

2005 Ford Focus Hatchback SES

By on Thursday, August 21, 2014

Pros: "Very reliable, great gas mileage, moon roof"

Cons: "low profile tires terrible in winter"

"I have owned this car for 7 years. I bought it when it had 10,000 miles on it and it now has 200,000 miles on it. It runs like a top. It has never failed me. Has always started even at 25 below zero. I love the moon roof. The only thing I've had go on it is the alternator and it warned me about 5 miles ahead of time on my radio display. So I was able to get to a garage before it stalled. My only complaint about this particular car is the tires. It has low profile tires on it, which look cool, but do not last as long as I would like and the rims have become bent up after this many miles, which causes my car to shimmy a bit. New tires help for a while, but as soon as they get some wear on them, it shimmys again. Apparently regular tires cannot be put on the rims I have and I don't want to spend the money for new rims at this point. So I will live with it a couple more years. Otherwise, this car gets close to 40 mpg. The older it gets the better gas mileage I seem to get. I commute every day over 100 miles. It runs great."

2003 ford focus SE

By on Sunday, August 17, 2014

Cons: "small back seat, little leg room in back"

"Overall a good car. Had trouble with alternator and battery at 48,000 miles and it sat for a little while. it has 52,000 miles on it now. no rebuilt title. I am the second owner, Elderly woman bought in 2003 brand new, she passed away and her niece received it and then sold it to me in 2011 and I've had it ever since. it is my daily driver, only drive 40 miles a day, gets good gas mileage. handles well."