2001 Ford Focus

7.8

Based on 2008 Ratings for the 2000 - 2007 models.

13 years and runs purrfect!

By on Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Pros: "handles and hugs the road great!"

Cons: "ERG valve/O2 sensor needs constant care- handlable"

"Bought this car out of the showroom. I've never ever owned a vehicle that has brought me to 13, yes, Thirteen!, years. With simple general maintenance and upkeep it's never left me stranded anywhere and starts every single morning. I lucked out with this decision, and retrospectively I couldn't be happier. We're plugging away at just over 150K miles and still ticking like a clock. The epitome of "If you treat it well, it treats you well". I just hope when the time comes that when I need another car, a newer Focuses will sustain time like this one has."

I Love this car, best car I have owned yet.

By on Friday, July 26, 2013

Pros: "Fun to drive, cute, sporty little car."

Cons: "Not good to haul a boat or travel trailer."

"I don't put many miles on my car in a year, but this car is a champ. Excellent on gas and great for getting around in busy traffic and easy to park. I have the bright yellow model, and I never lose my car in the parking lot at the mall anymore! Good on the highway and great space to haul groceries, pets, or even patio furniture! I am thinking of selling it instead of trading when I buy a different car, but I will miss my little yellow beauty! I would definitely consider purchasing another Ford Focus. Value and Reliability."

Best car I've ever had

By on Friday, July 05, 2013

Pros: "low maintenance, huge hatch back, totally reliable"

Cons: "no air conditioning"

"I bought my Focus off a Ford lot, new, floor model. It had no air conditioning and roll up windows, but I didn't care. The price was great and I heard the car was too. I did not have to go to a shop for NINE YEARS because nothing ever went wrong with it. I maintained it well, on schedule, etc. Then, only minor things. Recently I had to put a new clutch in and it needs new brakes, but that's it! It gets great gas milage, turns on a dime, has great power for such a small car and a ton of storage room with the back seats down. Seriously. I fit huge furniture in there and things that people thought I could never get in there....This car has been awesome. I hope the new focuses are as reliable. I am buying a new car cuz I need air conditioning at this point. LOVE THE 2003 FORD FOCUS!"

I love my 2002 Ford Focus- UPKEEP IMPORTANT

By on Monday, December 10, 2012

Pros: "great price, affordable maintenance, easy drive"

Cons: "Paint scratches easy, lack of space"

"I got my car back in 2007 when I graduated high school. I wanted a car that is easy/inexpensive to fix, affordable on gas, and reliable. When I purchased this car, the dealer told me all I need to do is keep up with oil changes and maintenance and it will run like a gem- Probably the best advice! This car has been reliable and I have noticed a lot of perks! 1. It is easy to drive 2. Good vision 3. Affordable to service 4. Spacious trunk 5. Easy to clean 6. It's really easy to get used parts for it (such as a door mirror- had to have replaced before) 7. Break-in lock system (shuts off whole system when car locks) except for cigarette lighter/charging port 8. You absolutely cannot break into the car without breaking the window or wedging the door and unlocking it somehow (so always have a spare key- Jimmy sticks don't work) 9. I can charge my phone in my car after turning it off There are a few things that I don't like about this car as well: 1. Paint scratches EASILY 2. Back seat doors don't open very wide 3. Back seats don't have very much leg room 4. Glove compartment does not have a lock on it (I have my GPS and have never had any issues but I would still like this feature) 5. A lot of the features are made with plastic (armrest compartment latch is flimsy- mine has broken) Overall this car is a great college/after high school car and the Pro's totally outweigh the con's of my awesome car! P.S. If you find a video on youtube on a repair, you could either do it yourself or bargain with a auto-repair shop because you will know how long it will take and what it will cost, etc."

good quality

By on Friday, September 21, 2012

"We bought this car 2002 August 4th.my husband and me traveled with it a lot.He once delivered pizza with it for 2 years. We traveled new york twice,ohio,Iowa, and Dallas,Denver... alot of citys.In 10 years it only shut down 2 times. not very serious problems. Our milage made warranty finished early.(1.5 year).so we self payed to repair it. but not very expencive.I love my little focus.I never worried about gas price raised.It doesn't use a lot of gas.I am still driveing it.But I am getting 3rd kid, so I have to change my car soon. That is why I write this review for my little car.It is worth my good words."