2001 Ford Focus

7.8

Based on 2023 Ratings for the 2000 - 2007 models.

very good vehicle. Poor Dealership

By on Tuesday, January 6, 2009

"leg room minimal otherwise comfortable for tall (6.3 ft.) young adult child. One recall honored with few repairs needed, holds the road well, easy and inexpensive to maintain. Very happy with performance not so with cosmetics. Within a year rust shows on the under carriage even with the Rusty Jones treatment and console between front bucket seats broken. Difficulty wiith dealership to remedy problems appropriately."

Best car Ive ever owned!

By on Thursday, February 14, 2013

Pros: "Great price, sooooo reliable, I love the style"

Cons: "Kindof uncomfortable so you have to get used to it"

"I bought this car a year ago, I am a young college student that drives frequently, over 60 miles a day and my car is perfect! Nothing has ever ever gone wrong with it! All I need is the oil change and my car is up and ready to go. The only kind of bad thing is it's kind of uncomfortable you have to get used to it & it rattles very easily. My side view mirrors shake when Im parked, and my window handle broke while I was rolling the windows down, but other than that this car is absolutely perfect!"

I love my 2002 Ford Focus- UPKEEP IMPORTANT

By on Monday, December 10, 2012

Pros: "great price, affordable maintenance, easy drive"

Cons: "Paint scratches easy, lack of space"

"I got my car back in 2007 when I graduated high school. I wanted a car that is easy/inexpensive to fix, affordable on gas, and reliable. When I purchased this car, the dealer told me all I need to do is keep up with oil changes and maintenance and it will run like a gem- Probably the best advice! This car has been reliable and I have noticed a lot of perks! 1. It is easy to drive 2. Good vision 3. Affordable to service 4. Spacious trunk 5. Easy to clean 6. It's really easy to get used parts for it (such as a door mirror- had to have replaced before) 7. Break-in lock system (shuts off whole system when car locks) except for cigarette lighter/charging port 8. You absolutely cannot break into the car without breaking the window or wedging the door and unlocking it somehow (so always have a spare key- Jimmy sticks don't work) 9. I can charge my phone in my car after turning it off There are a few things that I don't like about this car as well: 1. Paint scratches EASILY 2. Back seat doors don't open very wide 3. Back seats don't have very much leg room 4. Glove compartment does not have a lock on it (I have my GPS and have never had any issues but I would still like this feature) 5. A lot of the features are made with plastic (armrest compartment latch is flimsy- mine has broken) Overall this car is a great college/after high school car and the Pro's totally outweigh the con's of my awesome car! P.S. If you find a video on youtube on a repair, you could either do it yourself or bargain with a auto-repair shop because you will know how long it will take and what it will cost, etc."

I Love this car, best car I have owned yet.

By on Friday, July 26, 2013

Pros: "Fun to drive, cute, sporty little car."

Cons: "Not good to haul a boat or travel trailer."

"I don't put many miles on my car in a year, but this car is a champ. Excellent on gas and great for getting around in busy traffic and easy to park. I have the bright yellow model, and I never lose my car in the parking lot at the mall anymore! Good on the highway and great space to haul groceries, pets, or even patio furniture! I am thinking of selling it instead of trading when I buy a different car, but I will miss my little yellow beauty! I would definitely consider purchasing another Ford Focus. Value and Reliability."

Solid Commuter Vehicle

By on Saturday, September 1, 2007

"this is the third Ford Focus owned. All three have been extremely depending and offer comfort, great handling, and good gas mileage around town. I do a great deal of commuting and in-town travel and this car is very well-suited. If reliability and value are what you're after...this is the one."

Best Commuting Car I've Had

By on Monday, April 7, 2014

Pros: "Great handling, gas mileage and motor longevity."

Cons: "Manual windows (LX, duh), not much pickup."

"I bought this car 6 months ago with 175,000 for $1500. I feel like I got the best deal! I drive this car 100 miles a day and I plan to do so until this little car can't go anymore. I find myself pricing newer Foci all the time! When this car doesn't run anymore I am DEFINITELY getting a newer one! I love this car even if it doesn't have all the creature comforts of a 2010+ model year. I get great gas mileage (only $35 to fill up!) I get ~335 miles per tank. I wish they made this car in a v6, because the only thing I don't like is the pick up power. There isn't much. :)"

This car is so reliable and it just keeps on going

By on Friday, February 21, 2014

Pros: "affordle, reliable, good on gas, strong built,fast"

Cons: "has small emision leak, doesnt effect driving"

"I got a good deal on my 2001 zts focus because it had 240000 miles when I bought it. I was skeptical at first but when I test drove it surprisingly checked out, even with such high miles. This car did not even have a rebuild on the engine or tranny, everything is all original on the engine and tranny. And proud to say I am still driving it and have been for over a year now and It has reached up to 270000 miles now and still going strong. Never left me stranded. In fact when I first bought it I just did a really good tune up on it and I took it on an 11 hour drive and it did absolutely great, with no problems."

Great carf

By on Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Pros: "fun to drive"

Cons: "small inside, no place for your purse"

"This car has the bigger engine (2.3) so has great power. It drives like a sports car. It's been very dependable and economical. I would buy one again."

Best car ever

By on Monday, June 24, 2013

Pros: "fun to drive"

Cons: "not selling or trading"

"I absolutely love this car. So easy and fun to drive and very reliable. The only done is servicing and new tiresI have received a lot of offers but I cannot turn loose of it. .No rattles and so very quiet from outside noises. I LOVE THE CAR AND DO NOT WANT TO SELL OR TRADE THANK YOU"

Love my ford!

By on Monday, May 20, 2013

Pros: "Lots of power for a little car"

Cons: "Cramped when in back"

"I love this car! I have never had any major issues just wear and tear maintenance such as; changing oil, brakes and the battery after many years. It was brand new when I got it, it just got off the truck and had 12 miles on it after the test drive. The only thing that is a bummer I need to get a new clutch soon after 9 years. It has never broken down or anything on me and has been super reliable."