2001 Ford Focus

7.7

Based on 1983 Ratings for the 2000 - 2007 models.

Very reliable car; it always started a ran well.

By on Sunday, March 29, 2015

Pros: "Economical, reliable and fun to drive."

Cons: "Plan on replacing the window regulators."

"I bought the Focus with just over 100,000 miles and put another 80K on it over 7 years. It's reliable and fun to drive, with fuel economy in the mid 20's. On the downside, I had to replace three window regulators, and the gel motor mount went out about every other year. On cold days, it vibrated horribly. I replaced the valve cover gasket because of oil leaks at about 125,000, and it already needs a new one. We've had numerous nuisance repairs, but the engine and tranny are solid. The front suspension just rusted through. That may be the end of her. I'd buy another one, though."

Best Ive owned

By on Friday, February 27, 2015

Pros: "longevity"

Cons: "rattles"

"I bought this car brand new in Oct 2004 (its an '05) with 17 miles on it. I now have 93K miles on it and i have never had anything wrong with it(knock on wood) besides basic maint. (tires,brakes,battery,and regular fluid changes)Air still runs cold ! although the only complaint that I have is that it rattles. the interior is plastic and I'm sure that's what is rattling but its rattled from the very begining and you just learn to deal with it.Its been very reliable i hate the thought of getting rid of her for fear ill buy something not as reliable"

Been driving this car for 11 years!

By on Saturday, February 14, 2015

Pros: "Longevity"

Cons: "window mechanism broke during a cold snap."

"Bought the car used for 10400 in Jan, 2004 and I'm still driving it. It has had some electrical problems over the years. Probably spent 5k fixing and maintaining this and that over the eleven years. Fan quit working, two automatic windows quit working, something electrical that made the battery light come on needed repairing. Actually, everything that's been fixed was electrical. --Oops--actually replaced motor mounts. Replaced tires twice. Replaced brakes twice. Replaced battery once. But--overall--I've been happy. Great mileage, easy to drive and park. I usually keep a car about 5 years."

Best Compact Car Ever!

By on Saturday, February 07, 2015

Pros: "Compact and fun to drive"

Cons: "Small, not for larger persons :)"

"I love this car! We bought this car 5 years ago with over 100K miles on it. We've added another 100K to it and it's still going strong! My husband took it out of state for 2+ years for long commutes but just got it back. Boy did I miss her! I loved driving our Dodge charger, and now a Dodge Ram, but this little beauty beats them both in parking convenience,$$$ at the pump, and garage space!"

Amazing Vehicle

By on Wednesday, February 04, 2015

Pros: "Great Price, Convenient, fun to drive"

Cons: "very little rear leg room"

"I first bought this car when I was 16 for $3500 and it has proven to be a great car. So far I haven't had any problems and the overall design and feel of the car is great. This car is very convenient and would make a great first car."