2001 Ford Focus

7.7

Based on 1983 Ratings for the 2000 - 2007 models.

Nice car with poor gas mileage

By on Wednesday, April 29, 2015

Pros: "Nice ride, easy to get in and out, easy to load"

Cons: "Gas mileage"

"The car is a nice hatchback, it drives well, and it's been reliable. The main downside is the gas mileage. For city driving, we usually get between 20-22 MPG. I would expect a lot better for a small car. We have a '97 Corolla that gets 30-32 MPG doing the same driving."

This 2004 car was dependable & error free.

By on Tuesday, April 28, 2015

Pros: "Great value. Inexpensive to run."

Cons: "The ride could be smoother."

"This car was repair free & economical to run. It was the first Ford I bought and it won't be my last!"

No complaints!

By on Sunday, April 26, 2015

Pros: "Economical on gas & repairs, SO much fun to drive!"

Cons: "I have no complaints!"

"I bought this car used in 2005. It had a little less than 10k miles on it and I often wonder still--why was it traded in?I have driven this car over 250k miles--i have never had a tune up, never had a spark plug replaced. At 195k the transmission went out and I had a rebuilt installed. At about 240k miles, the original starter went out. I had a rebuilt installed. I have replaced tires, and most recently a front wheel bearing and a rear wheel bearing. I continue to get regular oil changes (every 3k miles usually) and rotate my tires. I am so thankful for this car and thank God daily for keeping me safe while driving it back and forth to work 5 days a week, 120 miles round trip daily! Great car!"

F/an O/f R/eliable D/rive !

By on Monday, April 20, 2015

Pros: "Peppy pick up, fun 5 speed, great gas mileage."

Cons: "Faulty ignition, ignition lock, electrical funk."

"I love my Focus ZTS ! It's been 12 years with this one (had another Focus SE for 3 years prior, too!). Because I have always maintained it, it has been a pleasure to drive. After many years and only 90K on it, I only got stuck and towed once - for a faulty ignition lock which prevented me turning on the engine (a mighty important detail that Ford refused to recall even with thousands of complaints. Cost me $400 to fix....) That said, it is still the most dependable ride I have ever owned. Living in the Northeast, it has been through many a rock salt winter, but the minimal rust that started has been quelled by using a rustoleum paint - before it rusted through. I have always paid careful attention to detailing and upkeep of the exterior and interior. I would highly recommend anyone buying a car to get one with leather seats. There is NO comparison to cloth - it holds up, no stains or odor build up and will look like new for years (with a little maintenance ). Because it is still in such wonderful condition and still getting 25 - 33 mpg, I plan to keep it and maintain it as long as the benefits outweigh the cost of repairs. After 12 years, it still pays to have collision on it!!!!! The only way I would ever buy a used car is if I could find one like mine that has been loved and cared for. Have all my receipts of repair, and when the time comes, I will be very sad to let this car go! Best car I've ever had (and I've had many - I'm 60 !) :)"

FANTASTIC CAR

By on Friday, April 17, 2015

Pros: "great gas milage, great features"

Cons: "FORD STOPPED MAKING 2 door vehicles, esp this one!"

"I purchased new, & today 4/15/2015, it has 96,000 mls on it & still, RUNS SOUND. Got me through years & a lot of snowy storm miles, No rattles, no oil leaks, no engine problems. KEY: REGULAR MAINTENANCE & OIL CHANGES & DON'T BEAT YOUR CARS. I would have bought another one, for a 2nd family car, but they stopped making 2 door hatch like this, so I opted to rebuy the ranger truck, and they stopped making that as well! SORRY FORD, but I had to move onto someone else for a 2nd family vehicle! My advice, get back to making the 2 best vehicles you ever produced & I'll come back."