2000 Ford Focus

7.8

Based on 2019 Ratings for the 2000 - 2007 models.

Great car

By on Wednesday, April 4, 2012

"Have put over 90,000 miles on it since purchasing it. Rides and handles well. No issues other than AC compressor failure."

Fuel Efficient, Comfortable, Gets Me There

By on Monday, August 5, 2013

Pros: "Fuel efficient, affordable, roomy for its size!"

Cons: "No line-in capability in this 2007 model"

"The Ford Focus was my first car (since 15) and I still love it. It's fuel efficient, comfortable, has plenty of room for my front and back seat passengers, and gets me where I need to go. The Ford Focus series is still very affordable and definitely saves me money when it comes to fuel. Although my Focus is not one of the top of the line trim levels, I love it and have very few problems with it (more or so fluke things, like a button that stuck or a light going out. Little stuff that's easy and affordable to fix), not to mention, up here in North Dakota, our weather is crazy, and this little car has done great through our winters and rarely gets stuck and always starts right up. I highly recommend the Ford Focus for a first car for your teenager, or a smart family purchase. I always feel safe in my Focus, it fits into small parking spots (which rocks!) and is easy to maneuver in town and on the high way. I will certainly be looking into buying another new Focus when I am in need of a new vehicle or the time comes for an upgrade :)"

very good vehicle. Poor Dealership

By on Tuesday, January 6, 2009

"leg room minimal otherwise comfortable for tall (6.3 ft.) young adult child. One recall honored with few repairs needed, holds the road well, easy and inexpensive to maintain. Very happy with performance not so with cosmetics. Within a year rust shows on the under carriage even with the Rusty Jones treatment and console between front bucket seats broken. Difficulty wiith dealership to remedy problems appropriately."

Best car I've ever had

By on Friday, July 5, 2013

Pros: "low maintenance, huge hatch back, totally reliable"

Cons: "no air conditioning"

"I bought my Focus off a Ford lot, new, floor model. It had no air conditioning and roll up windows, but I didn't care. The price was great and I heard the car was too. I did not have to go to a shop for NINE YEARS because nothing ever went wrong with it. I maintained it well, on schedule, etc. Then, only minor things. Recently I had to put a new clutch in and it needs new brakes, but that's it! It gets great gas milage, turns on a dime, has great power for such a small car and a ton of storage room with the back seats down. Seriously. I fit huge furniture in there and things that people thought I could never get in there....This car has been awesome. I hope the new focuses are as reliable. I am buying a new car cuz I need air conditioning at this point. LOVE THE 2003 FORD FOCUS!"

Good On Gas - Bad Longevitiy

By on Friday, March 23, 2012

Pros: "good on gas, plenty of engine power."

Cons: "low quality parts used to build vehicle."

"I get up to 23 mpg in town and up to 31 mpg hwy. I am short and love the tiny little car, my fiance is over six feet tall and is a sardine in my car. It has low-profile tires that I do not like, they blow out very easily. It has a zippy little engine with plenty of get-up-and go power. The moon roof is also fabulous! Odd things started to nickel and dime me at about 40k (I purchased it at 14k). The front axle was replaced and needs to be done again. The intake manifold sensor was replaced. at about 60K the wipers started to freeze up in mid-swipe, I have to keep tapping the handle to make the full swipe now. The is less room in the hatch-trunk than I expected. I also have a noise coming from the back end recently which needs to be looked at. The power steering pump is going out also. I have kept regular maintenance on this vehicle, I just think the cheap parts it was build with were not meant to last."

I love my 2002 Ford Focus- UPKEEP IMPORTANT

By on Monday, December 10, 2012

Pros: "great price, affordable maintenance, easy drive"

Cons: "Paint scratches easy, lack of space"

"I got my car back in 2007 when I graduated high school. I wanted a car that is easy/inexpensive to fix, affordable on gas, and reliable. When I purchased this car, the dealer told me all I need to do is keep up with oil changes and maintenance and it will run like a gem- Probably the best advice! This car has been reliable and I have noticed a lot of perks! 1. It is easy to drive 2. Good vision 3. Affordable to service 4. Spacious trunk 5. Easy to clean 6. It's really easy to get used parts for it (such as a door mirror- had to have replaced before) 7. Break-in lock system (shuts off whole system when car locks) except for cigarette lighter/charging port 8. You absolutely cannot break into the car without breaking the window or wedging the door and unlocking it somehow (so always have a spare key- Jimmy sticks don't work) 9. I can charge my phone in my car after turning it off There are a few things that I don't like about this car as well: 1. Paint scratches EASILY 2. Back seat doors don't open very wide 3. Back seats don't have very much leg room 4. Glove compartment does not have a lock on it (I have my GPS and have never had any issues but I would still like this feature) 5. A lot of the features are made with plastic (armrest compartment latch is flimsy- mine has broken) Overall this car is a great college/after high school car and the Pro's totally outweigh the con's of my awesome car! P.S. If you find a video on youtube on a repair, you could either do it yourself or bargain with a auto-repair shop because you will know how long it will take and what it will cost, etc."

I Love this car, best car I have owned yet.

By on Friday, July 26, 2013

Pros: "Fun to drive, cute, sporty little car."

Cons: "Not good to haul a boat or travel trailer."

"I don't put many miles on my car in a year, but this car is a champ. Excellent on gas and great for getting around in busy traffic and easy to park. I have the bright yellow model, and I never lose my car in the parking lot at the mall anymore! Good on the highway and great space to haul groceries, pets, or even patio furniture! I am thinking of selling it instead of trading when I buy a different car, but I will miss my little yellow beauty! I would definitely consider purchasing another Ford Focus. Value and Reliability."

Solid Commuter Vehicle

By on Saturday, September 1, 2007

"this is the third Ford Focus owned. All three have been extremely depending and offer comfort, great handling, and good gas mileage around town. I do a great deal of commuting and in-town travel and this car is very well-suited. If reliability and value are what you're after...this is the one."

great car even got one for my daughter

By on Tuesday, June 10, 2014

"great car for the money good pep reliable affordable only complaint is the wear of brakes but that seems to be a ford issue in general. This is the third focus i have purchased and would not hesitate to purchase another."

Best Commuting Car I've Had

By on Monday, April 7, 2014

Pros: "Great handling, gas mileage and motor longevity."

Cons: "Manual windows (LX, duh), not much pickup."

"I bought this car 6 months ago with 175,000 for $1500. I feel like I got the best deal! I drive this car 100 miles a day and I plan to do so until this little car can't go anymore. I find myself pricing newer Foci all the time! When this car doesn't run anymore I am DEFINITELY getting a newer one! I love this car even if it doesn't have all the creature comforts of a 2010+ model year. I get great gas mileage (only $35 to fill up!) I get ~335 miles per tank. I wish they made this car in a v6, because the only thing I don't like is the pick up power. There isn't much. :)"