2000 Ford Focus

7.8

Based on 1999 Ratings for the 2000 - 2007 models.

Great vehicle!

By on Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Pros: "great price; extremely reliable; fun to drive"

Cons: "interior is cheaply made with noisy plastic parts"

"My wife and I have been driving an '05 Ford Focus since May 2007, when we bought it used with a little over 30,000 miles. We have never had any trouble with the car. We are now at over 122,000 miles (that's an average of over 16,700 miles/year). Just last week my wife drove it from Atlanta, GA to Miami, FL with no incident. We will be driving back to Atlanta this weekend. We expect continued superior performance from our Focus. Our only problem has been with the Cd player which stopped working soon after we purchased the car. Other than that, the Focus is a great car with great gas mileage and superior performance. We are currently looking at purchasing another as a second car."

Such a reliable and low maintenance car!

By on Friday, August 31, 2012

"I've had this car now for around 4 years. I bought it from a private seller who kept every reciept down to oil changes, light bulb changes, etc. He kept immaculate care of the car. Since I've owned it, I swear all I've done is changed the air filter (cheap), the battery, gotten oil changes, and replaced the tires. I mean, for a car I payed cash for, it is the BEST money I've ever spent. It's not the most luxurious car in the world,it's not too comfortable on those long drives, but to me, reliability supercedes all of those things. I'm 24, single, with 2 large(er) dogs so the wagon is super for my lifestyle. I highly recommend this car."

affordability

By on Monday, September 02, 2013

Pros: "gas mileage, handling, low cost maintenance"

Cons: "no cruise control"

"My 20yr old daughter has been driving this car for the past few years back and forth from our home in the Southern tier of NY state to college in NYC. It is a 6 hour drive one way. She always talks about how easy it is to maneuver in the city traffic and how cheap it is on gas. She has packed a dorm full of "stuff" several times and still got decent gas mileage. She doesn't like the fact that there is no cruise control but still doesn't want to give it up. My husband likes that it is relatively cheap to repair and maintain. Not really too great in the snow but she drove home in a blizzard and had no accident. She drove slowly and appropriately for the road conditions though."

I Love this car, best car I have owned yet.

By on Friday, July 26, 2013

Pros: "Fun to drive, cute, sporty little car."

Cons: "Not good to haul a boat or travel trailer."

"I don't put many miles on my car in a year, but this car is a champ. Excellent on gas and great for getting around in busy traffic and easy to park. I have the bright yellow model, and I never lose my car in the parking lot at the mall anymore! Good on the highway and great space to haul groceries, pets, or even patio furniture! I am thinking of selling it instead of trading when I buy a different car, but I will miss my little yellow beauty! I would definitely consider purchasing another Ford Focus. Value and Reliability."

LOTS of fun and cheap

By on Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Pros: "Great to drive, nice sounds system"

Cons: "wish had a little more snap in the engine"

"This was the first car I bought from a dealership and love it! I've had no major issues. The most expensiveness repairs have been new tiers. Great handling and wonderful for zipping around the city or a road trip. Highly recommended."