• 2014 Compact Car Buyer's Guide

2000 Ford Focus

7.7

Based on 1926 Ratings for the 2000 - 2007 models.

Love this car!

By on Monday, June 23, 2014

Pros: "fun to drive"

Cons: "only 1 intermittent wiper setting"

"I love this car and drive it like a sports car. It is fun to drive and handles really well. Even though the car is 13 years old, it still can get 30 miles/gallon highway. With a mixture of city/highway driving, I average about 25 - 27 miles a gallon so it is reasonably economical. I like the boxiness of the car as it provides headroom for a tall person whose height is not in their legs, but in the torso. It also makes it easier to climb in and out of the back seat. Other than routine mainetenance like oil changes or radiator flushes, the car has not required many repairs during its lifetime. This car is "Everyman's" sports car with features like a bigger engine, and wider/thinner tires, but without the price tag and higher insurance and gas costs. Ford no longer makes this version and the current SVT costs about twice what I paid for this one. After I bought the car I found out the brakes tend to wear out quicker than on other cars, but I have not had to replace them that often for the miles I put on it. There are several things I would change. 1) the intermittent wipers: There is only 1 intermittent setting at 8 second intervals it is sometimes too far apart. 2) the back seat windows do not open: The front seats having a high back and the back windows not opening make it difficult for me to ride in the back seat since I feel somewhat claustrophobic when I do. 3) the plastic headlamp covers: as all plastics do, they dull and yellow over time making the headlamps less efficient. Luckily someone recently came up with a cleaner to help restore them. These items are why I rated the design an 8."

LOVE THIS VEHICLE - WISH THEY STILL MADE THEM

By on Saturday, June 21, 2014

Pros: "peppy, great turning radius, hauls everything"

Cons: "seats get cramped sitting 8+ hours"

"Great vehicle for getting around and carrying 'stuff' I've had a 6 ft couch inside and was able to carry a front seat passenger and shut the hatch. Took it on an extended road trip - after days, the seats could have been a little more comfortable. Has lots of pep and a superb turning radius. Can't say enough nice things about it. Selling 'cause it has reached 70,000 miles and I travel long distances alone - not that it's ever let me down."

Great Car!!!

By on Thursday, June 12, 2014

Pros: "Fun to drive, Roomy, Reliable"

Cons: "Interior could be more plush, more cup holders"

"This car is great! It starts every time and gets fantastic gas mileage. So sporty and roomy at the same time. I had a blazer before this car. I thought that I would miss the storage capability of a truck. The Ford Focus Wagon gave me all the storage I needed. Wow, what a car! I would definitely buy another one when I sell this one."

Best Car I ever have had

By on Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Pros: "Reliable, no problems, only 82000 miles"

Cons: "Rear bumber, coating is coming off, but not bad."

"Runs perfect, only 82000 mile. Driven only about 5 miles a week day. Good condition."

great car even got one for my daughter

By on Tuesday, June 10, 2014

"great car for the money good pep reliable affordable only complaint is the wear of brakes but that seems to be a ford issue in general. This is the third focus i have purchased and would not hesitate to purchase another."