• 2014 Compact Cars

2000 Ford Focus

7.7

Based on 1907 Ratings for the 2000 - 2007 models.

Reviews Displayed:  5 | 10 | 25

drive good

By on Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Pros: "fun to drive"

Cons: "yes cups holders"

"whit and new tires"

Great car for the Money

By on Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Pros: "Fun to drive, Versatile, Great Value"

Cons: "Replacement parts are hard to find these days."

"The transmission has great feel and the engine has just enough power to be fun. Being a hatchback, it's super versatile and the rear seats fold completely flat. Decent fuel economy and FANTASTIC handling. My next daily driver will be another Focus."

It is what it is.

By on Tuesday, April 08, 2014

Pros: "great all around car"

Cons: "rust"

"Good car to own! Never gave me trouble"

Best Commuting Car I've Had

By on Monday, April 07, 2014

Pros: "Great handling, gas mileage and motor longevity."

Cons: "Manual windows (LX, duh), not much pickup."

"I bought this car 6 months ago with 175,000 for $1500. I feel like I got the best deal! I drive this car 100 miles a day and I plan to do so until this little car can't go anymore. I find myself pricing newer Foci all the time! When this car doesn't run anymore I am DEFINITELY getting a newer one! I love this car even if it doesn't have all the creature comforts of a 2010+ model year. I get great gas mileage (only $35 to fill up!) I get ~335 miles per tank. I wish they made this car in a v6, because the only thing I don't like is the pick up power. There isn't much. :)"

fun to drive

By on Saturday, April 05, 2014

Pros: "sporty, reliable, good on gas"

Cons: "picky with transmission fluid (NO Mobil 1 ATF)"

"this car is simple to maintain, cheap to drive, handles well, has a powerful enough engine, has lots of cargo room inside, and is durable"

You get what you pay for

By on Saturday, April 05, 2014

"Over all the Ford Focus motor makes this a reliable car. Other features though need quality improvements. The interior arm rest, shifter arm, heater airflow adjustment dial, radio antenna, and drivers side door lock all broke before 100,000 miles."

nothing works

By on Wednesday, April 02, 2014

"the cruise control doesnt work , the power steering went out the air conditioner does not work or the defrost it was in a terrible hail storm"

Best car I have ever owned!

By on Tuesday, April 01, 2014

Pros: "Handling, control, braking and acceleration"

Cons: "Long throw shifter (correctable)"

"I am 60 years old and have owned over 2 dozen vehicles. My 2006 Focus ST is my favorite. I have enjoyed it so much that I added a turbocharger with intercooler, 19" wheels, Goodyear F1 tires and coilover suspension. It is very powerful and handles like a go cart. I love it!"

Love love love this car!

By on Monday, March 31, 2014

Pros: "gas efficient, compact for easy parking, great car"

"My car is 8 1/2 years old and the only repair that has been remotely expensive was the wheel bearings! I have put my little girl through the mud and she came out smilin'! That's the power of a FORD, baby!"

Great car for its age.

By on Friday, March 28, 2014

Pros: "Holds up well, reliable, comfortable ride."

Cons: "Cup holder position"

"I leased this car when new, then bought it outright. Besides maintenance costs, I haven't been out any outrageous repairs. It has been reliable from the start. Even the paint has held up well. In the future, I plan to purchase another Focus."

Loved car when I first bought it

By on Thursday, March 27, 2014

"I loved my car when I first purchased it in 2011 (a 10 year old car still running with 100,00+ miles is a rare find). Unfortunately it's had a few collisions (one prior to ownership and one after). Other than the damage to the car it has been running smoothly. I know some have had problems with the aluminum head but mine is still running decently. MPG is not great but ok for the year. Currently there is a problem with the idling. It will turn off unexpectedly at red lights. Overall great buy at the age/mileage. Would buy again (hoping accidents don't happen)!"

lots of repairs

By on Thursday, March 27, 2014

Pros: "good price fun to drive"

Cons: "high maintenence"

"Bought this car with 20k miles. have had to replace the right rear wheel barring 9 times, stabilizer bar links have broken 7 times, not to mention rough on tires and wears them out before the recommended mileage. The maintenance on this year has been massive. head gasket blew at 139k put in rebuilt engine. Besides that, I love this car. If I knew they fixed all the maintenance problems I would buy another"

Unfortunately electrical issues

By on Thursday, March 27, 2014

"electrical issues started w door then ttrunk then headlight now dashboard & engine keeps running after ignition turned off. Had 2 wheel bearing replaced on same wheel. Reliability is therefore rated low. Otherwise looks are good comfort is aws well and handles great."

well taken care off

By on Monday, March 24, 2014

"excellent condition well taken care off did all suggested maintenance"

Worst Car I have ever owned!! Do not BUY~

By on Sunday, March 23, 2014

Pros: "NONE AT ALL"

Cons: "EVERYTHING"

"I have had this car for about two years and bought it with about 80k on it. I have replaced almost everything imaginable, including an entire new engine! I have heard nothing good from any mechanic on this car and regret everyday that I sadly still own it! I am finally getting a new car and even though it had nothing major wrong at the time I just want to drive it straight to the junk yard so no poor soul has to deal with it anymore....STAY AWAY FROM THIS CAR"

Fantastic Car, brought me back to Ford

By on Sunday, March 23, 2014

Pros: "Great Value"

Cons: "Won't tow a boat."

"Have had this car since new and really love it. Have recommended Focus to several friends."

Love this car, even aproaching 200k

By on Saturday, March 22, 2014

Pros: "Dependable. Great mileage. Very comfortable"

Cons: "It is a bit underpowered with the 4 Spd auto"

"2000 Ford Focus SE. Bought in 05 with 60k on it . now shows 170k and has had No issues beyond Strut replacement and a burst coolant hose. Even with the auto it can be very fun to drive if you stroke the trans a bit. Ride and comfort are amazing. I'm looking to buy a new car now and looking at another Focus or Fiesta. We will be keeping the 2000 and trading my 2002 Taurus to get the new one. Thats how much we love this car"

I LOVE this little car.

By on Thursday, March 20, 2014

Pros: "gas mileage, easy driving, comfort, style,"

Cons: "none :)"

"I had a chevy colbalt as my first car and it was a little stinker. I got a ford focus afterwords and fell in love. It's comfy, cute, convienent. This car has given me no problems, I've done regular oil changes and kept up on the maitnence and this car has given me no problms. It handles amazing in the snow, rain, and just about anything else colorado throws at it. The only complaint I have, out of everything, is the lack of get up and go the 4 cylander has. Yes, I know it's a four cylander and it's not going to have much get up and go anyway. But this car has taken me everywhere. It's amazing, I would deffanitly recommed it! The gas mileage is amazing as well. I ususally round about 400 miles per tank, which pays me in the long run."

Awesome car

By on Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Pros: "Great gas mileage, average 30+"

Cons: "the exterior isn't as tough"

"I love my car. I am the 2nd owner, bought it from my brother. I bought it at over 100,000 miles and it has been awesome to me the whole time. I average around 30 miles a gallon with combined city and freeway miles. (On my best tank of gas i averaged 36, happened only a few times) My complaints are the exterior, I am in and out of my trunk often and the truck broke very soon after i bought it, and also just recently the front door handle also broke. But i'll take this over engine repairs, No repairs, only normal preventative maintenance."

great vehicle for those starting out

By on Saturday, March 15, 2014

Pros: "great price, fun to drive, great mileage"

Cons: "no electric seats, not intended for taller people"

"I've had this vehicle since 2010. It was my first vehicle and it has handled great all of these years. The gas mileage is fantastic and the comfort and convenience has always put a smile on my face. I would keep it but my family has expanded to such that I have no choice but to upgrade to a bigger vehicle this year. The multi-disc cd player does need to be fixed, there is a small dent in the rear bumper; I have the estimated repair value for both if you would like to see them, and the lifting hatch for the trunk needs to be tightened (will be done before selling), but otherwise the car runs great and it is in good condition."

Just keeps going

By on Friday, March 14, 2014

Pros: "Reliable"

Cons: "Funky dash/ radio design"

"Bought the car at 178,000 miles from a private owner. College aged daughters have driven it up to its present 216,000 miles and still going. It creaks and groans but it keeps on going."

Best vehicle ever = ford focus wagon

By on Friday, March 14, 2014

Pros: "Great value, reliable, perfect fit, 29 mpg"

Cons: "0"

"I have to get a new car - at 120,000 miles, my beloved Ford Focus *station wagon* is starting to rust. If the body would hold up, I'd go until 200K or the engine blew up. The VW Jetta wagon is the only similar vehicle -- heated seats, tons of cargo space for dog/canoe gear/christmas tree, roof rack with crossbars perfect for canoe. Oh how I wish I could buy another one! This was my second; it never once got recalled. Ford, I love you but I feel like my love is unrequited. Why won't you make a car for the single and two-person household that needs less than a SUV but more than a sedan? Brokehearted in Buffalo"

This is a great car! Affordable, fun, and reliable

By on Thursday, March 06, 2014

Pros: "Inexpensive but not Cheap."

Cons: "Fuel economy should be better for a 4-cylinder"

"My wife and I purchased our 2005 Ford Focus 2.3L ST model new. It has been a very reliable car that has not left us stranded once. The car went through its first set of Pirelli tires very fast. I think we got 20,000 miles out of the original set of tires before we started shopping for a new set. The Pirelli's were excellent handling tires but they surely didn't last long. Rear set of brakes pads replaced at around 24,000 miles but haven't been replaced since. Car sometimes hesitates before starting. The 6-disc in dash CD MP3 player is getting very delicate. Sound qaulity of the factory stereo system is quite impressive. Build quility of the entire car is top notch. The ST model has traction control and ABS brakes and this little car does exceptional in the snow. The 5-speed transmission shifts nice and crisp and each of the 5 gear and reverse are very well pronounced ( notchy). The 2.3L Mazda derived engine has lots of get-up-and-go power and does moderately well on fuel. Overall fuel mileage is not one of the cars strong points considering it is a 4-cylinder. In the 86,000 miles that we have owned the car the only things that have needed replacement other than regular maintenance items have been the clutch master cylinder and now going on the second alternator. Both of these items seem to be very common "problems" that other owners have experienced. Overall this is a great little car that is a ton of fun to drive and is inexpensive to maintain and easy to work on for the do-it-yourselfer. Ford has really stepped up their game. Cars like this can go a long way in changing an auto makers bad reputation. If the Focus was designed to be the replacement for the discontinued Escort model they hit the ball out of the park as far as I am concerned."

very good vehicle

By on Monday, March 03, 2014

Pros: "great value and gas mileage"

"I've owned my focus for almost 7 years, and have had very little trouble with this car. The water pump needed replaced while under warranty. Cost me 100 dollars and I needed to replace the tie rod links. Cost me 130 dollars. That's about all except for routine maintenance."

Inexpensive to drive & very reliable

By on Monday, March 03, 2014

Pros: "Desent mileage, reliable, good college kid car"

Cons: "Not for someone 6' or taller, plenty of road noise"

"My car has over 190000 miles and has been very reliable. Other than keeping up with oil changes, brakes, tires and of course gas, I've put almost no money into this car. Gas mileage is consistent at 27-28 mpg in the winter and 31-32 mpg in the summer. Personal note: 90-95% of my driving is on the highway and I'm not easy on the gas pedal. This car can pass anything on the freeway and do it quickly. Tire note: don't skimp on the tires. Cheap tires will wear out quickly. Also, rotate tires every 5000 miles."

Reviews Displayed:  5 | 10 | 25