2015 Ford Focus ST Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $23,268 - $24,464.

Click on an icon below to access that browser�s download page.

Info valid for your area through 08/04/2016

10/8.6

7.1

Based on 499 Ratings for the 2013 - 2015 models.

7.4/10
    7.2/10
    7.4/10
    7.5/10
    7.6/10

Would Be Amazing Minus Transmission Problems

By on Tuesday, June 28, 2016

Pros: "Good gas mileage, fun to drive, comfortable,"

Cons: "Major transmission problems"

"This is the first car I ever purchased new and I went all out with the Titanium to get all of the extras I wanted like leather interior and a moon roof. This car is great on gas, handles really well, is good for long drives, can actually hold quite a bit in the trunk, and is comfy. If that was it, I would absolutely say this is the best car ever because I really, truly love it. BUT, there is a recall on the transmission that I've brought my vehicle in for several times and it's still not right. Everything was fine with the car initially, then after a couple months it started shuddering when shifting through first gear and got progressively worse. I took it in a few times before they finally ordered a replacement clutch and serviced my vehicle. Everything was great after getting the new clutch for a few months and then my car started shuddering again when shifting through first gear, and now second gear as well. I just brought it in to the dealer again and they said two of the computer systems responsible for the transmission shifting gears needed to be reprogrammed, which they did and the transmission is still shuddering through first and second gear. I'm so bummed out because I love everything else about this car, but this is not great for a car that's only 2 years old."

Best car in its class

By on Monday, April 7, 2014

"The Good: I have owned the Focus for almost two years. Immediately after buying it, my girlfriend and I took it on a road trip from Ohio to California and back. The car is roomy enough, quiet, gets great gas mileage, is fun to drive, very direct steering and is loaded with features. I perform the regular maintenance myself and have had to do nothing but three oil changes, so my two year cost of ownership is a whopping $120. I average about 34.5 mpg with about 70%/30% city to highway which it well above the EPA estimates. The Bad: I have needed the clutch assembly to be replaced at 18,000 miles (its the auto) but Ford took care of it under warranty. No problems since and from what most are saying now the problem was fixed after seal replacements. Mine was on of the first years in a new revamp, so you have to expect difficulties especially on a new drivetrain. Overall: This has been a great car compared to my 2002 Corolla. It is unbeatable in its class for style, comfort and overall reliability. Do not be afraid of reviews on the automatics, most of the reviews are leftover from when the car was released and the ST stole the show. Take it for a test drive and you will be happy with making the decision of getting yourself one too."

Great MPG,Sporty,Quick,Easy to Maneuver

By on Sunday, September 15, 2013

Pros: "Stereo,fuel economy,handling,engine power,6 speeds"

Cons: "seats are a bit firm and not power or heated seats"

"I bought this after researching and reading a lot of good about the Ford Focus. It fits just about anywhere when parking, easy to handle, steers great,takes corners very well. Seats have low center of gravity which gives it a sporty feel. The six speed transmission does well and shifts smoothly. As with any car when sitting in traffic a lot, I recommend using the parking brake and taking the trans out of gear, which keeps the trans cool and saves fuel. Mild acceleration and 5 mph slower than posted speeds will lead to very nice fuel economy. I get an average highway of 39mpg highway and 42mpg city. I love this model and I prefer the hatchback over the sedan due to increased space and the roomy feel inside. The styling makes it look fast and attractive. Race Red is my color of choice because being a smaller vehicle I want to be seen on the road which may help avoid a collision later."

Great Vehicle for the Price Range

By on Wednesday, May 20, 2015

Pros: "Fun to drive, fuel efficent, reliable, cost"

Cons: "Door lock set up, Sony premium sound system"

"First let me start by saying its a very fun car. Has a large amount of torque for a small hatchback. Even though the car is classified as a compact car it has a fair amount of room. I am 5'11" and fit well with room to spare. The Recardo seats are very nice and I find them quite comfortable but I know they are not for everyone, they are made for the driving enthusiast and hug you, not everyone likes that but it's just a matter of preference, you will have to sit in one and judge for yourself. I really only have 2 complaints about the car and they are just because I tend to be, well, picky. First would be the power lock set up, there is one button in the center of the dash to lock and unlock with no manual way to unlock or lock the door (this seems to be more and more common in newer vehicles) I just don't like it, I can't really say anything more about that. The second would be the upgraded Sony sound system, most will probably find it pleasing, it is much better then a standard factory radio but for my taste the sub is lacking and the bluetooth audio doesn't seem to go loud enough, again this is something you will have to listen for yourself, everyone's ears are different and most don't tend to be as picky as mine are when it comes to radios. Otherwise it is a great car, get's decent gas mileage, and has not given me any problems as of yet. I can not stress enough fun, fun, fun car that is economical enough to be used as a daily driver without breaking the bank to fill the tank."

Ford Focus SEL

By on Friday, March 6, 2015

Pros: "Sporty handling and gas mileage."

Cons: "Back seat room is tight."

"The SEL trim (now discontinued) was a great value for the money. The option for leather interior is unique in the compact range."