2015 Ford Focus ST Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $23,305 - $24,485.

Click on an icon below to access that browser�s download page.

Info valid for your area through 07/28/2016

10/8.6

7.1

Based on 496 Ratings for the 2013 - 2015 models.

7.4/10
    7.2/10
    7.4/10
    7.5/10
    7.6/10

Best car in its class

By on Monday, April 7, 2014

"The Good: I have owned the Focus for almost two years. Immediately after buying it, my girlfriend and I took it on a road trip from Ohio to California and back. The car is roomy enough, quiet, gets great gas mileage, is fun to drive, very direct steering and is loaded with features. I perform the regular maintenance myself and have had to do nothing but three oil changes, so my two year cost of ownership is a whopping $120. I average about 34.5 mpg with about 70%/30% city to highway which it well above the EPA estimates. The Bad: I have needed the clutch assembly to be replaced at 18,000 miles (its the auto) but Ford took care of it under warranty. No problems since and from what most are saying now the problem was fixed after seal replacements. Mine was on of the first years in a new revamp, so you have to expect difficulties especially on a new drivetrain. Overall: This has been a great car compared to my 2002 Corolla. It is unbeatable in its class for style, comfort and overall reliability. Do not be afraid of reviews on the automatics, most of the reviews are leftover from when the car was released and the ST stole the show. Take it for a test drive and you will be happy with making the decision of getting yourself one too."

Great Vehicle for the Price Range

By on Wednesday, May 20, 2015

Pros: "Fun to drive, fuel efficent, reliable, cost"

Cons: "Door lock set up, Sony premium sound system"

"First let me start by saying its a very fun car. Has a large amount of torque for a small hatchback. Even though the car is classified as a compact car it has a fair amount of room. I am 5'11" and fit well with room to spare. The Recardo seats are very nice and I find them quite comfortable but I know they are not for everyone, they are made for the driving enthusiast and hug you, not everyone likes that but it's just a matter of preference, you will have to sit in one and judge for yourself. I really only have 2 complaints about the car and they are just because I tend to be, well, picky. First would be the power lock set up, there is one button in the center of the dash to lock and unlock with no manual way to unlock or lock the door (this seems to be more and more common in newer vehicles) I just don't like it, I can't really say anything more about that. The second would be the upgraded Sony sound system, most will probably find it pleasing, it is much better then a standard factory radio but for my taste the sub is lacking and the bluetooth audio doesn't seem to go loud enough, again this is something you will have to listen for yourself, everyone's ears are different and most don't tend to be as picky as mine are when it comes to radios. Otherwise it is a great car, get's decent gas mileage, and has not given me any problems as of yet. I can not stress enough fun, fun, fun car that is economical enough to be used as a daily driver without breaking the bank to fill the tank."

Ford Focus SEL

By on Friday, March 6, 2015

Pros: "Sporty handling and gas mileage."

Cons: "Back seat room is tight."

"The SEL trim (now discontinued) was a great value for the money. The option for leather interior is unique in the compact range."

Used 2012 Focus SEL Sedan

By on Friday, December 28, 2012

Pros: "The Interior, Exterior, Radio and Exceleration."

Cons: "Nothing for 5,000 so far."

"I bought the car at the end of October. I got it used and acordding to car facts it was a rental car. I got the car at 32,400 miles and currently have 38,000. I drive 75 + miles a day 7 days a week at times and I honestly love this car. I had a 2006 Toyota Corolla prior to this car and I liked the Toyota but it always felt cramped and like I never had enough power to get on and off the highway. I have had the car for 2 months now with a lot of driving and having people in the back seat regularly. So far I have not had an issue with their not being enoughg room even though one of my friends is 6'3" and had plenty of head room. I love the SYNC system and learned it very qucikly. I do understand where people are coming from with the tranny. But I have not had any issues with it. It accelerates very nicely and has incredible brakes. I love this car and enjoy the leather seats, moon roof,SYNC and it looks like a sports car instead of a gas sipper. I plan to keep it for quite some time and I LOVE this car!!!"

Ford should have produced more of these babies!

By on Friday, July 22, 2011

Pros: "$tops on a dime and so quite the built in phone is easy blue tooth cool!"

Cons: "View of surrounding traffic hard to judge due to sleek styling, get used to using mirrors."

"You will need to rely on the mirrors...the view from the cockpit is limited to the rear but Ford did provide dual rear view mirrors to help. Interior appointments are more like the high end mid-sized although you will need to dish out more $ if you want electric seats. A pump style seat lever is all the SEL brings to the plate but how many times does one need to adjust the seating to gain mpg and styling the Focus SEL Hatchback is packing. I am stoked to have bought the only one within 500miles of Salt Lake or Tallahassee."