2014 Ford Focus ST Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $22,948 - $23,557.

7.3

Based on 351 Ratings for the 2012 - 2015 models.

7.4/10
    7.4/10
    7.5/10
    7.5/10

I love everything about it.

By on Monday, June 25, 2012

Pros: "Impressive features and is very fun to drive."

"This car looks great and is sooo fun to drive. The features/equipment is impressive and not expected of a car at this price. The transmission took about 800mi to break in, was jerky and noisy at first...especially on steep hills but I read a bunch of reviews and advice and drove it at all speeds, did a lot of starting and stopping, pushed it on hills and it learned how to shift and got broke in. Was actually fun to see how the shifting improved each day. Now it shifts smooth and quiet and I have no more issues with it. This car handles great and is quiet and comfortable."

first ford I purchased since 1983 boy was I sorry

By on Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Reason: couldn't stand the dual automatic transmission

Pros: "great looking "pretty" car"

Cons: "transmission ,transmission ,transmission"

"I fell in love with the style, however the dual automatic transmission was where the love stopped.The car was great on the highway but in stop and go local traffic the transmission was terrible. It jerked,shuttered and on hills I thought it was going to roll backwards into the car behind me.I was avoiding all hills.When I complained to my salesman he told me it had to be broken in and if still having problem bring in for service after 1000or so miles.When I took to dealer I was told by service department that there was nothing wrong with it.I never would have bought this car if I knew this was the proper way this transmission worked.I purchased an automatic car not a manual.After I traded in my car I did receive a letter from Ford to bring the car to the dealer about the transmission problems.Whether the dealer is able to rectify the problem I'm not sure but for all the people that have a 2012 Automatic focus I certainly hope so."

Great car

By on Tuesday, June 19, 2012

"This is a great car. It gets 40 miles a gal.it drives great.However the trans.was sliping, jerking on take off,when i would stop it would slip out of gear and roll back when on a hill.However ford had a recall reset the computer.Now the trans. is working fine. I just want to say thanks to ford for makeing such a great car."

Exceeded my Expectations.

By on Monday, June 11, 2012

Pros: "Fuel efficient and fun to drive"

Cons: "Lack of a trunk relase other than the key button."

"I replaced a 1206 Mustang 6 with this car and haven't looked back. I have the SE with manual Tranny, Sport and Convenience Packages, but no other whistle and bells. The mileage is constantly between 36 and 40 Mpg, it handles as well as the Mustang at reasonable speeds and is a darn sight more comfortable. I'm 6'2 and have plenty of leg and headroom, the adjustable seat and steering wheel ensure any size driver should be accommodated. As for the engine, the little beauty loves to rev and maintaining the Freeway speeds seems effortless and quiet. Simply stated, I love this car."

BIG mistake!

By on Friday, June 08, 2012

Pros: "MPG"

Cons: "Transmission"

"Should have paid more attention to consumer reviews rather than the experts. Nothing but headaches with this automatic transmission. Dealer tranny tech says internal clutch is bad but also said Ford won't touch it until the car has 2000 miles on it to allow for a break in period. Wanted to give American auto maker a chance, bad idea. I will unload this mistake as soon as I am able and it's back to Honda or Toyota for me."