• 2014 Compact Cars

2014 Ford Focus ST Consumer Reviews

Unfortunately, we don’t have a Fair Purchase Price for this car in your area.

Fair Purchase Price N/A

7.3

Based on 259 Ratings for the 2012 - 2014 models.

7.5/10
    7.4/10
    7.5/10
    7.6/10
Reviews Displayed:  5 | 10 | 25

GREAT CAR EXCEPT FOR WHEN DRIVING MANUAL OPTION

By on Thursday, April 17, 2014

"Great car to drive unless you want to drive in manual transmission. Causes transmission to shift hard and the whole car jerks. Even happens after you go back into automatic for some time. Will be buying most likely a Honda Accord coupe V6 in near future becase of this issue."

This is a great car, better than my last Toyota

By on Tuesday, April 15, 2014

"This car handles like a European sports car, handles, like a sports car, and is made from all high-quality parts, this could easily rival Audi quality at a Ford price. Only complaint is the sometimes jerky transmission, which may be because it is not truly an automatic transmission, it is an automatic manual transmission, which does shift harder, but achieves better fuel economy."

This is a great car, better than my last Toyota

Disappointed

By on Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Cons: "Too many other better cars to chose from."

"Transmission problems at 19,000. Fuel injectors are loud. It reminds me of an old car with bad valves. Inefficient door locking system."

Just a very fun little car to drive...

By on Sunday, April 13, 2014

Pros: "w/FWD, handles well in sowy/icy weather."

Cons: "Moonroof inside cover comes just slightly open."

"Handles well. Excellent response. Takes a corner like it's on rails. The 2.0L engine is surprisingly quick w/good power. Really a sharp looking vehicle in Sterling Grey metallic w/the moon-roof & hatchback. 28 - 32 mpg. Just a very fun little car to drive."

economical vehicle

By on Friday, April 11, 2014

Pros: "economical"

Cons: "front leg room"

"air conditioning is very weak. automatic transmission stutters when shifting. have been told this is called 'trailer hitching' and is common for this vehicle. very annoying."

economical vehicle

By on Friday, April 11, 2014

Pros: "economical"

Cons: "front leg room"

Sync with nav. excellent,better than uconnect .

By on Tuesday, April 08, 2014

Pros: "price could be lower."

Cons: "cup holders should be a little bigger."

"The transmission is a learning tranny. and works great. People do not seem to know hot to use the sync system It works great. It is a small car ride is fine. sports suspension works very well. I have the 2013 titanium hatchback."

POOR TRANSMISSION

By on Monday, April 07, 2014

Pros: "Interior, Exterior, Handling, MPG"

Cons: "TRANSMISSION"

"Ive only had this car two weeks, and I have put about 500 miles on it. I would love this car if Ford wouldn't have put a transmission in this car that isn't worth anything. The transmission already grinds and shudders on me like many other people.. Just Google "2014 Ford Focus automatic transmission problems" and you will see what I mean.. Save yourself the trouble, and possibly getting stranded and look it up.."

POOR TRANSMISSION

By on Monday, April 07, 2014

Pros: "Interior, Exterior, Handling, MPG"

Cons: "TRANSMISSION"

Best car in its class

By on Monday, April 07, 2014

"The Good: I have owned the Focus for almost two years. Immediately after buying it, my girlfriend and I took it on a road trip from Ohio to California and back. The car is roomy enough, quiet, gets great gas mileage, is fun to drive, very direct steering and is loaded with features. I perform the regular maintenance myself and have had to do nothing but three oil changes, so my two year cost of ownership is a whopping $120. I average about 34.5 mpg with about 70%/30% city to highway which it well above the EPA estimates. The Bad: I have needed the clutch assembly to be replaced at 18,000 miles (its the auto) but Ford took care of it under warranty. No problems since and from what most are saying now the problem was fixed after seal replacements. Mine was on of the first years in a new revamp, so you have to expect difficulties especially on a new drivetrain. Overall: This has been a great car compared to my 2002 Corolla. It is unbeatable in its class for style, comfort and overall reliability. Do not be afraid of reviews on the automatics, most of the reviews are leftover from when the car was released and the ST stole the show. Take it for a test drive and you will be happy with making the decision of getting yourself one too."

Really Poor Quality

By on Monday, April 07, 2014

Pros: "Good Style, Looks Fancy"

Cons: "HORRIBLE TRANSMISSION AND QUALITY"

"Ford really messed up with the transmission on this model year of the Focus. You literally feel like you are on a roller coaster. I have had a new clutch system and a brand new transmission put in (florida lemon law) and still have problems. If you want a smooth running, reliable car, don't get a 2012 Focus."

Excellent condition

By on Thursday, April 03, 2014

Pros: "nEVER HAD A PROBLEM WITH THIS CAR"

Cons: "GREAT Gas mileage"

"ALL MAINTENANCE DONE AS REQUIRED. NO PROBLEMS. GREAT GAS MILEAGE"

Two Years

By on Wednesday, April 02, 2014

Pros: "Unique appearance, peppy engine, great mpg, fun"

Cons: "For me personally, not a single con."

"I've had my 2012 Focus hatchback for two years now. I bought it brand new. Initially I had an unusual issue crop up with the suspension but it was fixed. I must say that even with that, my 2012 Focus is without a doubt the best car I've ever owned. I've owned several new cars and none of them ever still felt as solid after two years as this one. It still gets great gas mileage (average 35-37 combined hwy/city), drives just as nicely as the day I bought it, and I really enjoy it. Absolutely the best car I ever had...Ford nailed it with this one and I'm proud to own a well-built American car. :)"

Excellent cond., fact. warnty 16 mo. 16,000 B-B

By on Wednesday, April 02, 2014

Pros: "Handling and gas mileage, hatchback/fold seats"

Cons: "Small back seat"

"Great gas mileage,this car is immaculate. Original factory warranty in effect. Tire are insured through Discount Tire/Free lifetime rotation and spin balance."

My Focus is the best car I have ever driven....

By on Saturday, March 29, 2014

"My new Focus compliments my personality and I would never drive anything else! I simply love everything about it..I have tuxedo black metallic and it is classy!"

My Focus is the best car I have ever driven....

By on Saturday, March 29, 2014

good car, but needs different transmission opt.

By on Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Pros: "Great handling, comfortable, big trunk"

Cons: "transmission, sync, transmission"

"Had this car for a little over a year and the 6spd DCT automatic--or dual clutch transmission--is unfortunately a piece of junk. It really is a two clutch manual transmission that's automated. After numerous visits to the dealership to resolve the common shutter, stalling, and sudden loss of acceleration I'm getting ready to take the upsidedown $5,000 trade-in hit and get something else. Plus, Sync is pretty bad recognizing USB memory sticks. Sometimes it randomly decides to not want to allow them to work and a full reset at the dealer is all that solves the issue. I've already had the Sync module replaced once under warranty... This is my 4th and worst Focus, and unfortunately will be my last Focus. Only get a manual transmission on this car and save yourself the trouble!"

Great, fun, well designed

By on Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Pros: "good value, great handling, manual transmission"

Cons: "sync infotainment is mostly good, but has some bug"

"I have owned this vehicle for a couple of months now, and have really liked it thus far. I test drove both the automatic and manual transmissions, and found the manual transmission to be very easy and fun to drive. I have really come to like the manual transmission. The automatic transmission has had more mixed reviews, so I opted for the manual and am really glad I did. The car is very responsive, handles well and is quite fun to drive. No real issues thus far other than a reset that was required with the sync infotainment system. The interior and driver controls are very well thought out. Attention to details like the blind spot mirrors integrated into the side mirrors really make a noticeable difference in the overall driving experience of the car. The focus has plenty of power, yet gets really good gas mileage. I do all city driving going to and from work, and have been averaging 28 mpg."

Great MPG

By on Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Pros: "lots of pep, MPG"

Cons: "no legroom in the back seat"

"Good reliable car with great gas mileage. I average 31mpg on surface streets in phoenix. Speeds up fast. Cruise control will set at 110mph. Great for 1 or 2 people but no leg room in backseat."

Not a good vehicle

By on Sunday, March 23, 2014

"Horrible transmission always clunking. Wind noises. Also has a rattle in the dash that the dealer cant find despite hearing it. On the good side, gas mileage is good."

Zippy, Stylish, Very Economical, 100% Dependable

By on Saturday, March 22, 2014

Pros: "As per above"

Cons: "Some blinds spots-I'm really picky"

"I cannot say enough good things about the Focus. After owning several Escort Sports, and missing them, I'd say Ford has done it again. I expect to own this super stylish and completely dependable Focus for the next 15+ years, just as I did with my last Escort - not a single mechanical hiccup until the day a text-and-driving person ran a stop light and totaled it. Gas economy is fabulous, I love the navigation panel, satalite radio, bluetooth features, and I LOVED the price I paid to drive this car off the lot. Great family car; it seats five. Fantastic safety ratings. Airbags everywhere. This car is also fun to drive!"

beautiful styling ,

By on Friday, March 21, 2014

Pros: "nice pickup,nice body styling"

Cons: "plug outlet poorly designed ,transmission loud"

"liked the car initially ,beautiful styling, but the plug outlet is placed behind the cup holder and if you have a drink of soda pop and sloshes into the plug it will short it out , they will charge you $45 to replace the fuse. The transmission failed several times, wouldn't go in reverse and was loud when shifting. It didn't have Bluetooth, which should be mandatory for all cars. Body is low to the ground and no handle on the ceiling to help you out. a lot of space in the trunk , I carried a 55" flat screen tv without a problem."

Great car!

By on Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Pros: "Everything"

Cons: "No resting place for my elbows"

"I have never owned a compact car in my life so I decided to check one out, why not. I checked out a 2014 Ford Focus ST and man I feel in love with this car the moment I took it on a test drive. This little car is fast and handles really good, so I bought it. Now with over 15k miles on it and 8 months I still love this car. The MPGs are great, I get around 32 on the highway and 27 city. I always drive it on sport mode because it's more fun to drive that way. Bottom line, I am not disappointed with this car at all."

handling that saved my life

By on Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Pros: "as it states great price and fun to drive"

Cons: "needs some place to keep my pens and phone #s."

"this car has never given me a problem. I have been into the dealership for all of the check ups. on time, that can save you money and your life. I was driving on 95 in an area of new construction. one of the large barriers was sticking out. my rear tire caught the protrusion and tossed the car up. I was able to control and pull to the side of the road. thank you ford"

Reviews Displayed:  5 | 10 | 25