2014 Ford Focus ST Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $22,972 - $23,577.

7.3

Based on 341 Ratings for the 2012 - 2015 models.

7.4/10
    7.4/10
    7.5/10
    7.6/10

Not for a family with a young child

By on Sunday, November 23, 2014

Pros: "ok with the mpg"

Cons: "read review"

"Would dump this car onto a non friend the back seat is not wide enough to buckle the child up with a car seat without problems ...the car is jerky have the Moon roof and the noise from the interior drowns out the music makes the sane person crazy decent mpg but i am not sure if its the best"

experience

By on Thursday, November 20, 2014

Pros: "good young adult car but not for a family"

Cons: "drive in rain feels like hydroplaining"

"This car is not built to have anyone over 5'9'' in it, I fit fine and enjoy the car myself but taller people in it are not something I would recommend to someone of that height when we first bought it I did not notice that due to I being the one buying it but going on a trip and someone else driving isn't going to work well if taller. economy wise I like on interstate miles however in town I thought it would be better on mpg but just drive 5 minutes to and from school half on interstate and half in town and I only get average of 18 mpg compared to what they say you get."

not impressed with vehicle

By on Wednesday, November 19, 2014

Pros: "good gas mileage"

Cons: "poor fabric on seats transmission problems"

"had to have transmission parts replaced twice under warranty and also right front axle replaced"

Need a time machine

By on Monday, November 17, 2014

Pros: "flat dry surface handling"

Cons: "no storage,control & cupholder placement"

"So that I can turn back the clock and not buy this car. Poor placement of controls behind steering wheel so they're not visible without doing contortions requiring taking your eyes off the road. Console designed so that you have to reach over them to use the climate controls, shift, or set the ebrake. No storage, folding the back seats down flat takes 10 minutes. The hard cover for the cargo area is stored in my barn, it just gets in the way, should be a retractable. Traction control causes car to hesitate when accelerating from a stop, feels like it stalls, on the slightest wet road so I have to disable it whenever it rains or snows. Kind of defeats the purpose. On the plus side on flat dry roads the car handles well. Unfortunately this is Oregon, neither of those are in abundance here. I'll trade this as soon as the $6K loss, paid $22k six weeks ago - KBB now $16k, is covered."

Best Ford I've ever owned.

By on Saturday, November 15, 2014

"Best wishes"

GOOD CARS FLAWS IN TRANNY FORD NEEDS TO FIX

By on Friday, November 14, 2014

Pros: "stylish fun to drive fuel efficient"

Cons: "transmission awful"

"Fun and stylish car if you can look past transmission. It's horrible to say the least. Feels like car wants to stall when you move from stoplights."

Annoying Transmission

By on Friday, November 14, 2014

Pros: "Tight handling, good 4 cyl power, great gas miles"

Cons: "Transmission noises, jerky under 20 mph"

"This car would have been a 9 out of 10 for the money but the transmission ruins the car for local driving. The automatic transmission is actually a semi automatic transmission so it sometimes shifts unsmoothly but only if you going under 20 mph. I have had this car for 1 year and 3 months and bought it brand new. The transmission makes rattle noises from the day I got it which Ford says is normal. I learned to accept that. The jerky shifting happens once in a while which is the most annoying. Once you are past 20 mph though it shifts really smooth. On the highway it's a fun car smooth ride. As annoying as the transmission feels part of me thinks it won't break. That is just the design they did to make it more gas efficient it seems. It handles really well and has nice power for a 4 cylinder. I give it a 10 for that. If I bought it used it wouldn't annoy me but a new car that makes noise and shifts awkward made me feel ripped off. I tell everyone I know to NEVER buy a Ford. If they are irresponsible on making a quiet smooth shifting transmission then there is plenty more they probably are screwing up on. Only buy this if you get a really good deal and am OK with the transmission sometimes shifting jerky under 20 mph speeds. If you do a lot of highway driving it won't annoy you as much. Note all my ratings would have been 9 or 10 but the transmission made me rate them lower."

great car for great value

By on Thursday, November 13, 2014

Pros: "great mileage close to 37 on highways."

Cons: "less power"

"I bought Focus titanium car last year for my wife and both my wife and I absolutely love this car. The only thing I miss while drive this car is the power which is to be expected from any car of this segment. It really saves a tons of money on gas. I used to fill 13 gallon earlier at once and now I fill only 10 gallon every week for travelling the same distance. This is a big difference. Absolutely love the sound system with woofer and the navigation with voice control with a big screen. The inside of the car gives a rich n luxurious feel."

Convenient & Reliable

By on Monday, November 10, 2014

Pros: "SYNC, fold-able rear seat, sleek design"

Cons: "Lack of power to quickly accelerate"

"While purchasing any car early in its production i.e. 2012 model purchased 4/2011 is inadvisable, this vehicle has had no surprises and fits my needs after 3+ years. New tires are affordable and the only part I have needed to replace thus far. Soon will need replacement break-pads but otherwise functions with original equipment. SYNC and other conveniences give the feel that this vehicle was made by average working Americans for average working Americans. Currently appreciating the 35+ mpg and ease of maintenance. Although the amount of horse power leaves something to be desired in certain traffic conditions, the inclusion of hill assist in the gear shift and resulting fuel economy are a fair trade-off. As a custom seeking techie, this car makes me feel at home on the road and offers all of the convenience I would innately include in a vehicle of my own personal design."

great pocket rocket

By on Thursday, November 06, 2014

Pros: "fun to drive great mileage"

Cons: "not alot of storage room rear seats dont fold flat"

"I had to downsize from full size truck to gas saver as I do alot of commuting daily so this car is fast and lots of torque for a 4 cylinder great gas mileage average is 30 + MPG great looking and ruby red color is eyecatching."