2013 Ford Focus ST

7.4

Based on 312 Ratings for the 2012 - 2014 models.

7.4/10
    7.6/10

THOUGHT I was getting a great car

By on Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Pros: "cute, fun to drive, good mileage, resonable price"

Cons: "numerous mechanical and electrical problems"

"I bought this car just 8 months ago, Cute, fun to drive, good mileage, resonable price and good reviews..,MSRP is 24000 andI got it for 21000.. it currently has 15000 miles and is already in the shop for numerous electronic clitches, transmission problems, etc, etc. Now I check the value (again the car is not even a year old) and obviously it does not retain any value what so ever!! It is only worth $14,000 trade in and $17,000 for a private sell. I still owe $16,000.00. Guess I shouldn't have dropped the GAP insurance. DO NOT BUY THIS CAR!!!!! IT IS JUNK!!!"

Great car, great price

By on Monday, September 15, 2014

Pros: "Fuel economy, handling, comfort, powertrain"

Cons: "Rear visibility"

"This sub-$20000 car handles like it should cost twice as much as it does. It hugs the road like no other small car and the DCT transmission is amazing, it's one of my favorite powertrains. Haven't seen any issues other than a couple of computer re flashes to perfect the performance of the transmission, which is to be expected of a newer technology. The only complaint I have with the car is rear visibility. I'm glad the refreshed 2015 model will come standard with a rear view camera."

Lemon?

By on Sunday, September 14, 2014

Pros: "Nice when it works"

Cons: "Totally unreliable."

"The battery on our Ford Focus EV has died repeatedly. This is an incredible inconvenience and for that reason I would steer consumers away from the car. At first, when the battery died at stop lights, we were told we needed a software update, which seemed to fix the problem for a few months. Now, the battery has died again and can't even be charge if we can get the car home. Also, the Sync system fails repeatedly. Loaner cars aren't a substitute because they do not have a car pool lane sticker. I now think the car is a lemon."

I love my car!!

By on Saturday, September 06, 2014

Pros: "Most all things"

Cons: "Kinda tight."

"First let me start by saying, I have a manual transmission. All the bad things that have been said about this car, have been for an automatic transmission. I drive pretty crazy and let my RPMs get pretty high and I am still getting 34.6 MPG, and climbing. It take 38 dollars to fill my tank and I get 440 miles until empty. The Sync is amazing! It sticks to the road very well. Great with turns and rain! I would recommend this car to all of my friends and complete strangers."

Nothing but Problems

By on Wednesday, September 03, 2014

Pros: "Good on Gas"

Cons: "The transmission, wiring harneses, stalls"

"My car is about 2.5 years old and I've owned if for 14 months. The transmision is awful, jerks and is very shakey. I had problems with the air conditioning leaking into the passenger side floor. The dealership told me it was a faulty part that Ford was designing and when it became available they'd call me back in to fix it. Never happened and magically the leaking stopped so I didn't even bother following up with Ford. Now I have electrical problems and the car stalls out when driving. Give the car gas and it just revs like it's in neutral. There's a "hill start assist unavailable" message that pops up and then the car stalls. The car is unsafe and frustrating to deal with. Never buying another Ford again."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Ford Focus ST near Honolulu. See local deals