• 2014 Compact Car Buyer's Guide

2013 Ford Focus ST Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $22,176 - $22,879.

7.4

Based on 287 Ratings for the 2012 - 2014 models.

7.5/10

Loving this car

By on Saturday, June 14, 2014

Pros: "Fun drive, sporty, great gas milage."

Cons: "no armrests, children in boosters little leg room."

"Love the power this little car has along with the stylish body. I traded a 2004 Toyota Matrix and made the right choice. Better gas mileage, speed, power, comfort. I work 20 miles away from home and a full tank gets me almost two weeks plus my weekends. I purchased used with 50,000 miles for just under $14,000 and the insurance is very affordable. Great ride on long distances. One complaint from kids was their feet were either squished due to the height of booster seat or their feet are on the back of seats getting them dirty."

Steady runner

By on Friday, June 13, 2014

"I've owned this car for a year - so far I had no mechanical problems and it's been a steady runner for highway trips. However, when it comes to comfort, and anything remotely "fancy" - this is not even slightly the car for you. Top issues that I've had with this car: - driving dynamics. this car has very low maneuverability! I'm not a race car driver, but when I'm trying to get out of a bad corner on the way from daycare in rush hour, I want to be confident this car can get up and go. It chokes first, then gradually speeds up. So, no short passes, quick maneuvers at all, period. - this car has the most uncomfortable passenger seat ever!! the glove box is where your knees are and there is no way you can move far enough to get comfy - regardless how tall/big/skinny you are. never mind the fact that the backseat size is really small (choose car seats wisely). Trunk size is good though. - sound system. okay, i know i was getting the base model but really?? really?? I have a $4 speaker at home that hooks up to my phone or laptop via bluetooth which sounds MUCH better than this system. $4!! - this car has only 2 cup holders for driver, no other accommodations. you also won't find an ash tray there. oh, and AUX is in the glovebox - look closely. I do like: - blind spot mirrors - safety release in the trunk - cheap parts if repair needed - so far, consistency and reliability. - LOVE gas mileage. The most I was able to get out of it was 37.5 (above manufacturer's ratings) - that was highway miles for a few days. Currently mix of city\highway - 31.1. Love it. - I do like that it blends in - sometimes it's just handy :)"

Great car, fun to drive, great mileage and looks

By on Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Pros: "Price, mileage, looks, comfortable"

Cons: "Front wheel drive torque is hard to get used to."

"I have owned this for a few months and so I can't really talk about reliability, but so far so good, great mileage, when sticking to 68 with cruise control, the mileage indicator reads 42.5 mpg, drops to about 38 mpg at 72, which is pretty much what people drive at here in so cal on the fwy. It handles really good for a stock setup and when tires get replaced and i put on some better shocks, this thing will undoubtedly be a real hoot!. My only complaint is this lag time I get sometime if I really stomp on it, I've read that its the electronics not having time to make the motor respond quickly enough? Double clutch transmission, shifts so smoothly you really don't notice it going thru the 6 speeds. Overall for the money and the just plain cool looking car, not to mention rebates FORD offers with this car, I find it hard to get a better car for the $$, All of this is of course my opinion, but I have been a professional driver for 35 years, so I know whats what. Cheers!!"

This car is so much fun to drive!

By on Monday, June 09, 2014

Pros: "The turbo is very smooth and easy to drive."

Cons: "If it was all wheel drive it would be perfect."

"This car handles very well and is surprisingly fast. I love to drive and I like challenging other drivers in their expensive cars. I did embarrass a BMW owner on a local curvy road."

Good little car

By on Tuesday, June 03, 2014

Pros: "Good looking, great gas mileage"

Cons: "Transmission problems"

Can't deny it, she's a real looker.

"I really loved my 2012 Focus. For the most part, it is a nice little car. It's good looking and gets great gas mileage. The only thing I don't care for is how it feels like the transmission is slipping when taking off from a stop. I took it back to the dealership right after I got it thinking something was wrong with it. They said they drove it and didn't feel anything out of the ordinary. Isn't that how it always goes? Your car never does what you want it to do when you take to the mechanic. That's when I got online and found out there are a lot of other people complaining about the same problem. The new power shift duel clutch transmission is garbage. I just hope the seals in mine don't start leaking like they have in other people's. Right now I owe more than it's worth but if I didn't, I would trade it in for something else. Very worried."

Can't deny it, she's a real looker.