2014 Ford Flex Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $27,782 - $28,537.

10/7.7

Based on 192 Ratings for the 2009 - 2015 models.

Best Crossover Imaginable

By on Tuesday, March 08, 2011

"I purchased a used (barely) 2009 SE with 8,000 miles on it. Mine has the split bucket 2nd row, which I would highly recommend for anyone with young kids (read: 2 child seats) as you can still access the rear seats without removing any child seats. This is a fantastic vehicle in every sense, from the distinctive styling to the outstanding highway fuel economy, to the massive amount of storage capacity, to the Euro tuned handling.... What more could you ask for? I only have 2 complaints: 1) the front headrests are relatively uncomfortable for long trips. I assume this is a safety design and 2.) the brake calipers are faulty and had to be replaced (under warranty). This car has turned a lot of heads and everyone who has ridden in it (even those who hate the exterior styling) absolutely love the ride. Other than the 2 issues I already mentioned, this car is awesome!"

2010 Ford Flex with Ecoboost

By on Tuesday, March 08, 2011

"This is the best vehicle I've ever owned. The Flex is so comfortable with lots of room. The ecoboost engine has lots of power (355 hp) and gets great mileage (ave 23 mpg for me.) This is much better than the other SUV's I was looking at."

Love it, now not so much

By on Sunday, February 27, 2011

"I bought this flex a year ago used. I loved it at first until I started having problems and now have several trips to the dealer for repairs. I feel if you spend this much money on a car the exterior parts shouldn't come off at the car wash. I have had a brake problem since about a month after I purchased the car. They still can't figure out why my brakes stick and grind and said it will "work it's self out". I had to have the tie rods replace and some other front end work. I had the trim around two doors replace, both Ford emblems replaced, and the seal at the bottom of the doors. It does get around great in the snow and handles well. It travels well with enough room for everyone to be comfortable. The interior scratches easily so caution to anyone with little ones. The doors are traps for dirt and rocks and is hard to clean out. After the winter weather I had sand, gravel, and salt stuck in there and had to sweep it out and wash by hand so it wouldn't cause a rust out. I am very dissatisfied with the performance at this price point. Looking into trading for something else already."

Wish I did not buy it...

By on Friday, February 11, 2011

"I was debating on whether to purchase a Honda Pilot or the Flex. We went with the Flex because it was less expensive and had more comfortable back seats.. We bought a 2009 with 24K miles on it. After about two weeks driving the car, I began to have neck pain. The headrest in the front seats lean forward and tilt my head to an uncomfortable position. The neck pain continues. My only other option is to turn the headrest backwards but then it protrudes out and places the person in the back seat at risk of slamming into it if there is an accident. At about 5 months my brakes began making a grinding noise. I brought it to be serviced thinking I would most likely need to replace brake pads. Turns out, the rotors, front and back brakes needed replacement. I had to pay $875. Then the caliper began sticking, that needed to be replaced. Now the axel is has a leak and the fluids are dripping on my exhaust causing a horrible smell when I stop. I also had to get the console replaced and the hatch door fixed because it would not stay up. Ford has been sympathic to my ordeals but other than that has done nothing much to help me. I brought up the concern with the dealership about the brakes because there was a technical bulletein out regarding other customers having issues as well. Ford gave me a check of $134 of the $875 I paid...I would read the ford flex forums before thinking of purchasing the car. It is not the quality car I thought I was buying and Ford is not standing by their product...I am starting to feel that I spend more time waiting for parts to be shipped and planning visits to get my car repaired...hopefully selling this Flex and getting a Pilot..."

By on Tuesday, January 11, 2011