2014 Ford Flex Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $27,931 - $28,782.

10/7.7

Based on 213 Ratings for the 2009 - 2015 models.

Great road car

By on Saturday, February 11, 2012

Pros: "All around good"

Cons: "Size for close parking situations."

"Excellent comfortable capable car. Quiet and smooth on the road. Handles and corners confidently. Good acceleration with standard engine. Extra roomy for travel. Decent on gas, 20 in town and 24 on road trip. Only downside is size and maneuvering in close parking situations."

Love it, Love it, Love it

By on Thursday, January 26, 2012

Pros: "Lots of convinience inside"

Cons: "Alarm goes off for no reason when parked"

"I love this car, it is fun to drive, has lots of comforts and I take my kids in it everywhere."

Love it

By on Monday, January 16, 2012

"This is the best Mom car!"

Comfortable, reliable, functional and flexible

By on Friday, January 13, 2012

"Simply love the car!"

We love our Flex!

By on Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Pros: "Comfy Ride, Vista Roof"

Cons: "20 highway MPG"

"We own a 2010 Flex Limited. The cool console is great for the kids. The only option we did not get is the DVD player entertainment package. The sync system is awesome with the text to talk feature for my wife's Driod phone. We owned a 2005 Chevy Tahoe, so I was sceptical when buying the Flex. I loved the Tahoe, but don't miss putting $120 in the tank everytime it was empty. The Flex gas mileage is around 20 mpg on the interstate at 75 miles an hour. I drive the Flex 33 miles everyday to and from work, so we have high miles on it already, but I would not trade it for anything else. Our kids love taking road trips in our flex."

A complete disappointment.

By on Saturday, October 29, 2011

Pros: "looks good"

Cons: "questionable quality"

"Vehicle runs and looks good,rides like a dream but,windows on passenger side schreech when going down,excessive noise when going hwy speed,dash makes a groaning noise and popping sound.very embarrassing when riding customers,especially when going thru a drive thru.Local dealer cant seem to fix.Wish I kept my truck!!!!"

Great car lots of rooms

By on Sunday, October 23, 2011

Pros: "Great on gas, lots of room"

Cons: "middle cup holder is cheap"

"Big family and we all fit great"

I LOVE MY FLEX!!!

By on Monday, October 17, 2011

Pros: "Lots"

Cons: "Wind noise when all windows are rolled down."

"I have had my 2011 Flex Limited for about 3 months now and I absolutley LOVE it. With 3 kids I was looking to buy a minivan but I just couldn't bring myself to do the minivan thing. When I started looking into buying a Flex I read somewhere that this was the car for the person needing a minivan but didn't want a minivan. (I was sold right then LOL) So far I don't have any major complaints. The only one I have is you can't roll down the back windows all the way down while on the interstate because of wind noise. It is really loud (just hope the A/C never breaks). I love the looks I get as i am riding down the road and people are always complimenting me or asking "What is that?" I love the way it looks and the room that it has is great. The only gripe I have is the cargo area is small but that is because I came from an Exploer and an Expedition so I just have to learn to pack "lighter". And fuel ecomomy is great too! ONCE AGAIN I LOVE MY FLEX!!!!"

Best car for me

By on Thursday, October 06, 2011

"As a sales rep and mom....it gave me the storage and seating capacity I need. I had a minivan before.....way better....stylish, comfortable, luxurious, and the frig to keep my drinks cool on the road a major bonus. Hands down my fav car......and I can drive 6 adults...comfortably unlike my friends who squish people into their SUVs."

Great car

By on Saturday, May 21, 2011

"We traded in our GMC Terrain for this car. Do far no complaints. Comfortable, runs great, plenty of power, right price. Would definately buy again."

2010 Flex EcoBoost Crossover

By on Tuesday, April 12, 2011

"Outstanding vehicle. This vehicle came loaded with every available option, including refrigerator. Looks, comfort, carrying capacity, all outstanding. Even gas mileage is great for a large vehicle. We get 24-25 mpg at 70mph with air conditioning running. Average for around town/hiway is 21-22 mpg. Rear two rows of seats lay flat, we carry up to four large dog crates for going to dog shows. Can't beat it."

By on Thursday, November 04, 2010

"Purchased a 2009 SEL with AWD.Loaded with 12,000 miles @ a great price. Saved over 9000 from a new one. Excellent ride. Like sitting in a lazy boy. Gas mpg is good for a vehicle that is this big. Got almost 25mpg on the freeway with 7 passengers doing 80. 2009 models should have came with standard telescoping wheel. Other then that, no complaints. Everyone asks who makes it and what is it."

great vehicle

By on Tuesday, April 14, 2009

"I love my FLEX! We were undecided between the edge or the flex. I drove the Edge then the flex. There was no question the Flex was a better choice. It drives like a limo. I love the microsoft sync system. Hands free phone is the best feature. I would defiantly recommend the flex as the best vehicle ever!"

Impressed Beyond Belief

By on Wednesday, March 11, 2009

"I've driven a lot of new vehicles in my day, but I have to say that the Ford Flex surprised/impressed me more than any I can remember. The exterior styling is cool, turning heads and drawing interest everywhere I go. It's roomy (I'm 6'3), comfortable, smooth, VERY quiet, with excellent acceleration and handling. The 3rd row seating comes in very handy, although I leave it folded flat to maximize cargo area most of the time. I HIGHLY recommend the Ford Flex!!!"

By on Friday, February 13, 2009

"We have owned one since last july. our only compaint is the front drivers seat is a little small for a big man like me. my wife loves it, our last two cars were cadillacs."

Luxery of a Lexus

By on Thursday, July 02, 2009

"We have a new 09 SEL Flex that is approaching 10,000 miles, we purchased it back in February 09. As I realize for most the outer look of the vehicle is what makes it or breaks it for them, the entire vehicle is very nice. I am a 150lb. 5'11'' American and I fit nicely in it, but a 280lb. friend of mine also fits nicely in it. The interior is large and comfortable, even the third row. We were also looking at a Mitubishi Outlander & Saturn VUE, but the comfortability of the Flex far surpassed the Outlander & the VUE. The bad side is that it is a little pricey, but it truly does ride and feel like a luxery vehicle. We tend to get 22 or 23 mpg on average, I have never gotten 24 mpg as is reported for this vehicle. This vehicle is best for road trips. The newer/different design yet large interior capacity for people and packing was one of the main reasons we chose it. We did not want to go the route of a minivan so we looked at SUV's and this is what I would consider to be a VAN / SUV Crossover. I will post more reviews as we accumulate more miles."

What a fun SUV to drive

By on Tuesday, July 21, 2009

"I thought I was down grading from my beloved GMC Suburban of 11 years. Love this Flex. Great on the highway with plenty of power and ease of manuevering that I didn't expect. Not top heavy like most SUVs I test drove and I test drove several from GM to Toyota and Nissan. Lots of room in the second row for the grandkids."

"Homerun for Ford!"

By on Monday, August 10, 2009

"I have gotten nothing but compliments from people on this vehicle since purchasing it on 7/30/09. It drives as smooth as silk. the interior is the best I have ever seen from Ford. I have the black leather interior with theblack clearcoat exterior. I can't say it enough, Everyone who sees this crossover loves it!!! My kids love it my colleagues at work love it. My wife likes it a lot which is saying a lot because she is not into cars or car shopping at all. The Ford sales staff was outstanding. The Flex is really roomy and the seats are very comfortable. I find myself trying to come up with excuses to drive it. It has plenty of power off the line and in the mid-range for a vehicle of it's class and type. Good build quality, high quality interior materials, and very stylish details make this vehicle a winner. 3yr/36000 mile bumper to bumper warranty and 5 yr/60000 mile powertrain with 2 yr/24000 mile free oil changes and tire rotation. Free monthly car washes from the dealer for 2 years, I mean these guys really want to sell you a car which puts you and me, the buyers in a great position. I test drove the Dodge Journey, Saturn Outlook, and Chevy Traverse and they did not come close to the value for the dollar I got with the Flex. The Honda Pilot looks like a Tonka Toy. Toyota is just plain boring. Buy American and support our auto industry. With Ford putting out a vehicle this good it is an easy thing to do. Just so everyone knows, I don't work for Ford and am not a paid plant, just an ordinary American citizen who is really impressed with this vehicle. It is my 1st new vehicle and I am almost 40. My advice, Buy One!!!"

Excellent vehicle. Fun. Stylish. Tech heavy.

By on Friday, July 06, 2012

Pros: "Quiet ride. Room for the family and friends."

Cons: "Hard to park"

"I bought my Flex about a year ago to replace a Camry we had outgrown. It has been excellent since day one. Awesome ride. Super quiet. Smooth. It should be classified as a luxury SUV. I get lots of comments and a friend bought one after seeing mine. Sync is great. I just tell my iPhone what to play and it does it. A to Ford on this one."

The Best Ugly Car Ever

By on Saturday, February 09, 2013

Pros: "Comfort, Reliability, Performace,"

Cons: "Front foot room,"

"As you read this please understand that this was the ultimate stretch for me. I have been a dedicated GM owner for many years. I had a predetermined budget for the purchase and this new 2009 Ford Flex was purchased while Ford was offering there Employee pricing incentive so it was a lot of car for the money spent. It is also safe to say that I wold not be able to replicate that today. My first reaction was no way. I am not interested. It just lacked any style. Then I drove it for an evening. After my 100 mile demo drive it totaly made me see the car in a differant light. Its spacious interior makes it a very comfortable car to drive. It had that big car feel however drives much like todays midsized sedans. The front drivers area is well appointed with power outlets and creature comforts like AM/FM 6 CD change stereo, Sirrus Radio, The Sync System and the dual front and rear Air Conditioning. The interrior lighting was adequate however it could have been better. There is more than enough room for 5 pepole well over six feet tall. It is the only vechicle I have been in where the rear legg room was not impeaded by the back for the front seats. As far as having enough room I cant find another car that offers the room and comfort and the value the Ford Flex offers. It was actually quieter inside than a Cadillac Escalade. The 3.5 lite V6 performs flawlessly and the Front wheel drive version that I own provided 23 MPG Highway and 19 MPG City - Safe to say 21 mpg average. The Flex easily towed a 3,500 pound trailer and I belive would handle the 5000 pound towing capacity with the proper equipment. The transmission hold back feature to aid in descending long grades with out riding the brakes performs very well. The Ford Flex is a practical full sized all around transportion. I would be interested to see how the new eco boost V6 engine performs in a MPG test as it is reported to be much better. Ford has really hit a home run with this car. If you can overlook the exterior design you wont be dissapointed with your results. I would deffinatly purchase another Ford Flex and recommend the car to a friend."

Awsome vehicle!!!

By on Sunday, May 20, 2012

Pros: "Fun to drive, pretty quick, good looking ride"

Cons: "noisie ride on the road, small plastic parts broke"

"We bought the Flex with thinking it was the perfect vehicle for a family of four and was trying to downsize from the Expdition. It has been nothing short of perfect, even so much another family member just bought a 2012 Flex. We really like the ride and comfort the Flex offers. We have taken it on three long road trips andit has really worked well and performed outstanding. The only set back is on the road it seems to be a little noisie. But a great ride..."

Love this Vehicle!!!!

By on Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Pros: "Fun to drive, Sharp Looking, spacious"

Cons: "Tires were more expensive"

"We bought this car at higher mileage and still has been the best vehicle I have EVER owned! I have 3 kids but I also work in a job that I shuttle a lot of women around. I can comfortable fit 7 adults in the vehicle and looks so much better than a minivan! I have even laid seats down and fit a twin mattress and boxsprings and threw another 3 Queen mattresses on top of the car. Kids love Lexie (Car's name) even my teenager and that's hard to believe I know. I reminds me of an old Calif. Woody Car. Have a friend who works for a funeral home and since my car is all black he even joked that they could steal it and make it into a hearse since there is enough room. I have the low end version and just wish XM lasted longer and had the little plastic pieces on inside of door handle pop off but that's it! Although I am still looking for the fuse box. The owners manual is very vague. Had a nail in my tire last week and even though it didn't look low at all the low tire pressure alarm came on and we got it fixed."

Super Sporty - for mom who wont do minivan!

By on Sunday, October 18, 2009

"We had a Ford Expedition and in April of 08 we decided to trade in and downsize, due to gas prices. We purchased the for 08 Edge. We absolutely loved it, but with 2 children, we really needed the extra room & the third row seat. I refuse to drive a minivan! I am 33 years old and want to keep it sporty. We looked at several different crossovers but kept coming back to the Flex. None of them had the room that the Flex has. The dealer was amazing and looked for extra discounts & things they could do to close the deal. We got the tow package added as well. Sync is amazing! Bluetooth works great to. The HUGE Vista/Panoramic roof is so cool! Having a USB to charge the Ipod in the console is great, and also to have the Line In for the MP3 is wonderful. The kids also have their own chargers in the back for their Nintendo DS's. The seats go down with ease & you could fit a surf board in this thing :) It totally turns heads because there are not many around! We go to sporting events & concerts, and strangers come over to us tailgating to see what we are driving. I seriously can't believe the attention we get in this Flex SEL. My kids LOVE it and their friends do also. We did have 1 issue that I hope is the only one we have. The rear brakes were making noise and I took it in for service. Come to find out, they were sticking. It heated up and ruined the rear brakes, routers, etc. They completely replaced the rear brakes for us & had the rental ready when I arrived. No other concerns at this time and have had it since June 09 (4 months). You can't ask for more out of a vehicle... why spend the money on a Mercedes, when you can get an American car that is just as good for a fraction of the price! I highly recommend the Flex SEL!!"

Been a great vehicle

By on Thursday, April 05, 2012

Pros: "Great handling, quality and flexability!!"

Cons: "People either love or hate the look...."

"I bought the Flex to cart a choir group around and to use to move a kid to college. I will buy my next flex because I love the car. The interior is huge...backseat legroom puts what they are calling luxary cars to shame (spelled Cadillac) It is up off the ground a bit (but not truckish) handles well in all weather conditions and quality has been excellent since day 1. The base model has lots more on it than I have traditionally seen in a car and has been more than adequate."

2011 Ford Flex Bordeaux Reserve Red Metallic

By on Sunday, August 28, 2011

Pros: "Love the back-up sensor! Handles like a small car, easy for teens to learn on"

Cons: "Squeaky dash in hot weather, headrest a bit uncomfortable"

"I'm a diehard Ford fan, starting with an '88 Escort, '89 Mustang LX, '91 Aerostar, and then a '98 Econoline 150 Conversion van. All purchased new except the Aerostar. I kept getting larger vehicles because of my growing family. Now with 3 teens and a very old van, I needed a new vehicle that would fit the kids and their friends, and also get better gas mileage. The Flex has plenty of room for up to 7 people and gets on average 18.4MPG. I have the basic version with no ecoboost, fridge, or much of the cool stuff available, but that's OK for me. The drive is smooth and I am amazed at how quickly I can get up to 70 in the highway, where I've gotten up to 20.4mpg. I've had complete strangers ask questions about it at the gas station. My only real complaint (which I can live with) is the headrest. It was uncomfortable and was almost a deal breaker when I took it for a test drive. It felt like it was pushing my head forward. I was able to adjust it a bit and now I don't even feel it anymore. The dashboard also has a squeak to it but only in 90* weather or hotter. I've had it since March 2011 and put 6,000 miles. Overall, I love it!"