2014 Ford Flex Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $28,186 - $28,923.

10/7.7

Based on 203 Ratings for the 2009 - 2015 models.

Great all around vehicle. Room for Grandkids!

By on Sunday, March 09, 2014

Pros: "Fun to drive. Has it's own look. Roomy."

Cons: "Might be more vehicle than some need."

"Have had vehicle almost a year and a half. So far it runs smooth and is very comfortable. A lot of vehicle for the money. Insurance rates are very good on these too! A larger vehicle but not overly so. Sits up some but not so much that it's a problem getting in or out of. Gas mileage is good for this size vehicle. Like 15/16 in town and 21/22 on the rode. I'd rather under estimate it as most tend to over state it. Great if you have grandkids or travel with 4-6 people. The parking sensors in the rear are a big plus. Especially for those getting older or less flexible such as yours truly.(:"

We are in love with our 2009 ford flex

By on Thursday, March 06, 2014

Pros: "Awesome car"

Cons: "Exterior styling"

"A build in refrigerater heated and cooled front seats these are just a fue things the ford flex has to offer and I am buying a 2014 tomarow with inflatebal rear saftey belts"

Clean, original owner, seats and rugs perfect

By on Sunday, February 23, 2014

Pros: "Lots of room, cargo space, leg room. Great 4 snow"

"Owned by non smoking seniors. Always maintained. Oil changes at 3,000 miles, new tires, everything works."

We love it!!!

By on Sunday, February 16, 2014

Pros: "Fun to drive and very comfortable"

"We purchased our 2009 Ford Flex January of 2010. We currently have 117000 miles on our Flex and it has been all over the country. Drives good, handles good, looks good and the best thing is we have had no problems at all. Would buy another one no question."

Great Vehicle. Best I have ever owned

By on Sunday, February 16, 2014

Pros: "Cargo & passenger room, quiet, smooth, great MPG."

"Have owned many cars and SUV's. Nothing like it on the market. Get 25 MPG on highway, has more cargo room than any SUV or UTE except the bigger Exhibition and Suburban. Quiet, smooth ride. So much seating room. Like a limo with room to carry a lot of stuff. No other vehicle has the combination of cargo room, quiet, smooth ride, and mileage. Have a 2009- still solid, tight. Just love it. Next vehicle will be a Flex. As long as Ford keeps making them. Sales have not reached the numbers they hoped. I am afraid it may go the way of the Dodge Magnum- another great vehicle with low sales."

Love my Flex!!!

By on Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Pros: "Stylish, affordable, comfortable, sound system!"

Cons: "Small gas tank...feel up more often..that's all."

"I was so happy when my Ford dealership was able to put me in this Flex! I didn't think it was going to happen. This is the most comfortable car I have had to date. I look at reviews for this car, and see that the exterior design is not that popular, but I fell in love with it as soon as I saw, and still love it. There is nothing on the road that looks like the Flex! I love that it's huge inside, yet handles like a sedan. Has great power for how big and heavy it is...never dissapointed in that area. I will drive it until the wheels fall off!!"

Awesome to drive and coolest crossver ever.

By on Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Pros: "Unique looks and comfort, the right motor and room"

Cons: "Some fit and finish items seem an afterthought."

"I find it difficult to believe the KBB rating compared to the driver ratings. It's a matter of taste and long term driving. The Flex always gets a double take and everyone who has seen it loves it. No, they are not just being polite. It drives very comfortably, road noise is minimal and acceleration is responsive. I find I can keep my speed in most turns on the freeway. For hot rods, there is the Ecoboost. We have the Limited so it comes pretty well loaded and the longer you own it the less you need to use the screen. The Infomatics have been criticized in the past but whatever it was, it works on ours. There is legroom in every seat, even the ones in the very back. You won't find that everywhere. It's got so much room that no one rides uncomfortably. I love the multiple sunroofs and the air bags in the rear seat-belts. If you are deciding, go drive one and enjoy!"

Best Country Squire Ever

By on Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Pros: "Comfortable, quiet, powerful"

Cons: "only 20 mpg avg. need a mattress to car camp"

"Just love it. Comfortable, quiet, powerful. Seat heaters and parking sensors are things i never thought I would use, but they're great. I am a sucker for ford wagons - the Flex gives me all the pros of that without the stigma of a minivan."

I love it

By on Thursday, December 05, 2013

Pros: "Fun to drive, very comfortable"

Cons: "Heavy and doesn't take corners all that well"

"This is the most comfortable, smooth riding car I've ever driven. It's a great family vehicle and also great for roadtrips. There is plenty of room in the back. Additionally, the rear seats fold down ultimately allowing a ton of room to haul things. I also haul my boat with my Flex and it has no problem whatsoever."

This is a great crossover vehicle.

By on Friday, November 15, 2013

Pros: "Looks good and has a great presence on the road."

Cons: "We have not found a down side to this vehicle."

"After having Club Wagons, an Excursion and a Explorer this is a very pleasant change. Much easer to drive, park and it rides almost like a car but has the towing and haling capacity of a SUV."

Mine lasted only 140,000 miles (engine blew)

By on Thursday, November 14, 2013

Pros: "I liked the style and interior roomyness"

Cons: "BAD engine, fails @ 140K"

"Even though I have a maintenance record folder 2 inches thick and always used synthetic blend oil at every oil change, did the transmission service as required, one day on the freeway with my son, the the Flex began to rapidly loose power and eventually die. Luckily I was able to get out of the lanes of traffic. This event happened just 40 miles outside of the extended waranty I purchased when I bought the car. Sure it was covered until 100K, I get that, but my windstar minivan made it over 220K before I had to rebuild the transmission, and my escape (that I have since traded in for a new Dodge vehicle) was also over 200K (and not maintained nearky as well as this Flex). I guess I trusted Ford a little too much by expecting it to even make it over 200K without issues. I have worked as a designer for Ford (thru tier 1 suppliers) and have owned Ford vehicles for 20 years now, I will never buy or reccomend another. It would stop there had Ford Corporate been so uncareing or even appologetic about my situation. I now stop everyone I see in a Flex and warn them of this defect. Check the internet and you will see I am not alone (ref Customer Satisfaction Program [recall] 12B36, to which I never recieved via the mail) Thank you if you are still reading this review, I tend to vent everytime I think of this car and the engine I had to pay for myself due to defective engineering."

Most reliable car I have ever owned

By on Monday, November 11, 2013

Pros: "Drives like a car and has an entire of a car"

Cons: "Wide turns and bad fuel economy."

"I almost gave it a perfect 10 except for the gas milage. There are other vehicles out there that have better gas milage (Chevrolet Suburban)"

What is this thing? (Besides awesome)

By on Monday, November 04, 2013

Pros: "Safety features, drivetrain, fast smooth and quiet"

Cons: "So-so fit and finish, lack of curb-tilt mirrors"

"I have about 9000 miles on my 2013 Flex Limited AWD, grey with platinum package and all the options, and I have loved every mile of it. For two decades I drove pickups, SUVs and minivans, always top trim levels. So the Flex is my first "car" in years. The Flex is fairly luxurious and the technology features are cool. Not sure what it is though; is it a car, a crossover or what? I do think its kinda odd looking so I call it my Funky Family Wagon. Aside from a single fit and finish issue (which our local dealer has not managed to fully fix), the Flex has been perfect. It is quiet, smooth and FAST. Quick off the line, awesome passing power and thankfully speed limited at 123 mph. I run the twin turbo on premium, and get 17.6 mpg overall, up to 23 on the highway, and I achieve that mileage while making full use of the accelerator. I live in hilly country with winding roads and the handling is very good for a large vehicle. The Parking assist has parked me in places I never would have tried, and the back-up safety features are great in crowded parking lots. The active curve control has kept me on the road occasionally and the collision avoidance is useful- especially if you drive like me (which I do not recommend). I do highly recommend the active cruise control, which we have on two of our other vehicles (2011 Acura MDX and 2012 Toyota Sienna). The Flex is my favorite of the three. Its great for dropping the kids safely at school and then inviting speeding tickets and deer collisions as I drive it to work...or wherever it takes me next."

It's Cool, Unique and it versatility is endless.

By on Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Pros: "Fun to drive, good horsepower, great brakes, safe"

Cons: "Gas mileage, ammeneties missing for high price."

"Pros: * Legroom for all seven seats. * Plenty of horsepower for the size. * Drives like a car. * Not a single thing has gone wrong. * Second row outboard belts have airbags. Cons: * Gas mileage * Tilt Telescope wheel is an option for an expensive vehicle. * My touch takes some getting used to. The 2013 Flex Limited is an unbelievable vehicle. When you first look at it it gives you pause. Then the front says Range Rover and the back says "There's no one like me!" It's size is deceiving as it does look pretty big the closer you get but once you get into the back seat or the third row, everyone has leg room and lots of it. This isn't a minivan or a SUV; it's in a class of its own. Ours has the latest model with the second row outboard belts with airbags. Ours has four sun roofs and the My Touch does get easier to use when you get used to it. I wish it got get gas mileage but COD isn't the main design purpose for this vehicle. Get into the drivers seat, turn around and you'll be blown away with how much room you have. Get one, you will not ever regret it."

Great vehicle to own and drive! Very dependable!

By on Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Pros: "Great Options, Fun to drive!"

Cons: "Console in second row, limits access to 3rd row."

"Great features, plenty of room for everyone, great on gas, I really enjoy owning my Flex Limited!"

Best Car I've Owned

By on Thursday, October 24, 2013

Pros: "Space, Rides Great, Extremely Comfortable"

Cons: "AWD gas mileage"

"I'm a 30 year old married guy, no kids. I bought a used 2009 Flex in 09, my first impression was like many others "ITS UGLY". Then I started looking at other Crossover vehicles, and started to realize how much space and features came with it, as opposed to the competition. I got the Flex limited, with Microsoft Sync, leather interior, no sun roof, because out of all my other cars with them, i never used them. My previous car was a 2005 Chrysler 300. Loved the looks, but had the worst maintenance issues ever. Replaced ball joints and tie rod ends every year. My flex has never had any major issues or repairs in 5 years. I spent $10,000 plus on Chrysler repairs over the 5 years i owned it, and the flex hasn't had any repair costs. Love the space, the backseat has more legroom than my parents Chevy Suburban (i have to turn my legs sideways to get my size 11 feet out the suburban back seat door.) But yes, the Flex is an excellent car, love it, my only complaint, I want a newer one."

Great Vehicle!!

By on Sunday, October 13, 2013

Pros: "Everything"

Cons: "nothing"

"This vehicle is very comfortable and reliable. I just finished a 5,800 mile trip with mine with no issues and no back fatigue. Drives and handles very well in comfort,also with plenty 2nd seat leg room, with lots of room for luggage and passengers. I Always get asked about it and gets plenty of compliments."

Like the flex over my ml350

By on Sunday, October 06, 2013

"I bought the flex in 2009 bought a Mercedes ml350 in 2011. As a family we prefer the flex"

Fabulous!

By on Thursday, September 26, 2013

Pros: "Fun to drive & luxury at affordable prices!"

Cons: "NO Cons found at 25K miles!"

"Absolutely the most innovative and satisfying driving experience ever. Quiet while driving with superb handling...feels like the safest ride on the road. Interior is technologically advanced and comfortable while seating 7! You won't find a better SUV/Crossover on the market with FORD dependability!!"

Owner since 2010, had 11 miles at purchase

By on Monday, September 09, 2013

Pros: "Comfort, fule economy, Air, handling, good road ca"

Cons: "No air shocks available."

"Have used daily, very good family car, good room, travels well with 7 if you have a luggage carrier and or rack. Cleans well. Could use air shocks, but Ford and after market does not make them. Could be a better warranty, but we have not had to use it yet. Nolan"

fantastic vehicle. love to drive it.

By on Friday, July 26, 2013

Pros: "plenty of data ports, cup holders at all positions"

Cons: "no cargo room w seatbacks up fuel capacity 2 small"

"I have 2010, sel model. i love it. it drives like a dream. easy handling on curves really holds them tight. pure pleasure to drive. wife also likes to drive it."

fantastic vehicle. love to drive it.

By on Friday, July 26, 2013

Pros: "plenty of data ports, cup holders at all positions"

Cons: "no cargo room w seatbacks up fuel capacity 2 small"

Can't say enough about this car!!!

By on Wednesday, July 17, 2013

"I come from a 3 generation family of Chrysler employees. I fell in love with this vehicle when they first came out. The 2011 color of Meditteranean Blue is very eye catching and I get tons of comments on the color. I traded a 2006 Chrysler Town and County mini van for this. I would NEVER drive another mini van now that I own this Flex. Best feature is that the spare tire is inside where it belongs even with the third seat. No more cranking it down and reaching past a HOT exhaust to get the spare out."

Roomy, dependable car with great gas mileage

By on Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Pros: "Mileage, roomy, looks nice"

"For a car of this size, it gets great gas mileage. 22-25 mph. Very roomy, dependable, comfortable and it looks classy."

Want a Cadillac but can't afford one?

By on Saturday, June 29, 2013

Pros: "smooth ride, comfortable, mpg, Ford Sync, style"

Cons: "0"

"This car is the next best thing in my opinion, only with more versatility. The ride is smooth and I could drive on a long trip with ease. Try putting a 10' board in a Caddy, I can in my Flex. Leg room is fantastic, gas mileage is unbelievable for a car this size. I live out in the country but go to the city a lot, and yet I average 22 to 23 mpg! The only annoyance is everyplace you go people are asking about, have to look inside. I got one of the fist ones and for the fist two years I couldn't stop anyplace that I wouldn't get asked about it "Is that the new Ford in that flashy commercial?" Now some still ask what it is but most know and want to know how I like as they've been thinking about one."