• 2014 Compact SUV Buyer's Guide

2014 Ford Flex Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $27,764 - $28,495.

10/7.7

Based on 183 Ratings for the 2009 - 2014 models.

fantastic vehicle. love to drive it.

By on Friday, July 26, 2013

Pros: "plenty of data ports, cup holders at all positions"

Cons: "no cargo room w seatbacks up fuel capacity 2 small"

"I have 2010, sel model. i love it. it drives like a dream. easy handling on curves really holds them tight. pure pleasure to drive. wife also likes to drive it."

fantastic vehicle. love to drive it.

By on Friday, July 26, 2013

Pros: "plenty of data ports, cup holders at all positions"

Cons: "no cargo room w seatbacks up fuel capacity 2 small"

Can't say enough about this car!!!

By on Wednesday, July 17, 2013

"I come from a 3 generation family of Chrysler employees. I fell in love with this vehicle when they first came out. The 2011 color of Meditteranean Blue is very eye catching and I get tons of comments on the color. I traded a 2006 Chrysler Town and County mini van for this. I would NEVER drive another mini van now that I own this Flex. Best feature is that the spare tire is inside where it belongs even with the third seat. No more cranking it down and reaching past a HOT exhaust to get the spare out."

Roomy, dependable car with great gas mileage

By on Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Pros: "Mileage, roomy, looks nice"

"For a car of this size, it gets great gas mileage. 22-25 mph. Very roomy, dependable, comfortable and it looks classy."

Want a Cadillac but can't afford one?

By on Saturday, June 29, 2013

Pros: "smooth ride, comfortable, mpg, Ford Sync, style"

Cons: "0"

"This car is the next best thing in my opinion, only with more versatility. The ride is smooth and I could drive on a long trip with ease. Try putting a 10' board in a Caddy, I can in my Flex. Leg room is fantastic, gas mileage is unbelievable for a car this size. I live out in the country but go to the city a lot, and yet I average 22 to 23 mpg! The only annoyance is everyplace you go people are asking about, have to look inside. I got one of the fist ones and for the fist two years I couldn't stop anyplace that I wouldn't get asked about it "Is that the new Ford in that flashy commercial?" Now some still ask what it is but most know and want to know how I like as they've been thinking about one."

very comfortable

By on Thursday, May 30, 2013

Pros: "back up camera is great, blind spot warning good"

Cons: "Navagation had some trouble entering addresses"

"great car for the whole family. Can fit 7 people and wheel chair at same time. Low to the ground so 90 year old parents can get in. Handles nice, rides smooth. Easy to get used to driving from a smaller car."

I have disbility issues.

By on Thursday, May 16, 2013

"Due to my Transverse Myelitis I have walking nd sitting for to long problems. The Flex is so comfortable, easy for me to get in and out of, easy to drive. It is so roomy my husband who is 6'3" fits comfortably in the back seats. Plenty of luggage room with 4 seats plus you can sit 6 if you want to. I recommend this vehicle for anyone who wAnts to travel in comfort, get good gas mileage (25 mpg @70 mph), and loves a big comfortable chair to get this car."

Good Crossover

By on Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Pros: "Cargo space, Road visability"

Cons: "Can't think of any"

"To me, I like the fact that it is a cross between a truck and a minivan. I am not the minivan type, and a truck was not for me. I like having the cargo where someone can reach behind them and retrieve something, like during a family road trip. I hardly use the 3rd row seating, but it REALLY came in handy when we needed it for more passengers. The cargo space with the 3rd row seating down is fantastic! I manage to cram about 26 bags of mulch one spring - of course the cargo space was well protected to prevent destroying my car."

The Best Ugly Car Ever

By on Saturday, February 09, 2013

Pros: "Comfort, Reliability, Performace,"

Cons: "Front foot room,"

"As you read this please understand that this was the ultimate stretch for me. I have been a dedicated GM owner for many years. I had a predetermined budget for the purchase and this new 2009 Ford Flex was purchased while Ford was offering there Employee pricing incentive so it was a lot of car for the money spent. It is also safe to say that I wold not be able to replicate that today. My first reaction was no way. I am not interested. It just lacked any style. Then I drove it for an evening. After my 100 mile demo drive it totaly made me see the car in a differant light. Its spacious interior makes it a very comfortable car to drive. It had that big car feel however drives much like todays midsized sedans. The front drivers area is well appointed with power outlets and creature comforts like AM/FM 6 CD change stereo, Sirrus Radio, The Sync System and the dual front and rear Air Conditioning. The interrior lighting was adequate however it could have been better. There is more than enough room for 5 pepole well over six feet tall. It is the only vechicle I have been in where the rear legg room was not impeaded by the back for the front seats. As far as having enough room I cant find another car that offers the room and comfort and the value the Ford Flex offers. It was actually quieter inside than a Cadillac Escalade. The 3.5 lite V6 performs flawlessly and the Front wheel drive version that I own provided 23 MPG Highway and 19 MPG City - Safe to say 21 mpg average. The Flex easily towed a 3,500 pound trailer and I belive would handle the 5000 pound towing capacity with the proper equipment. The transmission hold back feature to aid in descending long grades with out riding the brakes performs very well. The Ford Flex is a practical full sized all around transportion. I would be interested to see how the new eco boost V6 engine performs in a MPG test as it is reported to be much better. Ford has really hit a home run with this car. If you can overlook the exterior design you wont be dissapointed with your results. I would deffinatly purchase another Ford Flex and recommend the car to a friend."

Awesome family vehicle

By on Thursday, January 31, 2013

Pros: "Smooth driving, fairly quiet drive, awesome price"

Cons: "Less storage space when 7 people are sitting"

"Bought a used Ford certified Flex about 9 months ago when we were expecting our 2nd child and needed a family car. We were deciding between Traverse and Flex. After test driving Flex, we were very impressed and ended up buying it. Since then we have taken this on multiple road trips. Took our family - me and my wife + 2 kids (toddler + infant) + in-laws on a road trip around Florida for 10 days. Very comfortable ride with 6 people and lots of luggage. Highly recommend this as a family vehicle. Plus: --> Awesome driving experience. Small turn radius. --> Plenty of leg room and well designed interior to meet family needs. --> Also works for short people. My wife is only 5 feet and she is able to drive this easily. --> Lots of leg room for everybody. Negatives: --> When all 7 seats are used, not much storage space at the back."

my ford flex

By on Friday, December 28, 2012

Pros: "price/size"

Cons: "lack of rear opening windows"

"I have the flex after downsizing from an e350 15 passenger van. Yes big family with plenty of friends. I didn't want a huge SUV. I needed the seating- 7 minimum, and it easily seats 7 adults. I can even fit 3 hockeybags with all the seats filled. I wanted something with no blind spots- this is it. I do wish I was higher off the ground, but I don't feel like I'm sitting on the ground like in some others cars. I wish the rear had windows which opened for the puppies but the vents work well for them. The rear seat does fold down flat but not into the floor snug enough, it's bouncy- lost space. I like what I have so far and would easily recommend the flex."

Love this Vehicle!!!!

By on Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Pros: "Fun to drive, Sharp Looking, spacious"

Cons: "Tires were more expensive"

"We bought this car at higher mileage and still has been the best vehicle I have EVER owned! I have 3 kids but I also work in a job that I shuttle a lot of women around. I can comfortable fit 7 adults in the vehicle and looks so much better than a minivan! I have even laid seats down and fit a twin mattress and boxsprings and threw another 3 Queen mattresses on top of the car. Kids love Lexie (Car's name) even my teenager and that's hard to believe I know. I reminds me of an old Calif. Woody Car. Have a friend who works for a funeral home and since my car is all black he even joked that they could steal it and make it into a hearse since there is enough room. I have the low end version and just wish XM lasted longer and had the little plastic pieces on inside of door handle pop off but that's it! Although I am still looking for the fuse box. The owners manual is very vague. Had a nail in my tire last week and even though it didn't look low at all the low tire pressure alarm came on and we got it fixed."

Wish I had bought something else!!

By on Tuesday, November 06, 2012

Pros: "Rides nice on highway sun roof & power seats"

Cons: "MPG, brakes, electronics"

"I bought a 2012 SEL AWD with every option except navigation and DVD. The second day I owned the car the warning lights lit up the dash like a Christmas tree. It had to be removed to the dealer by flatbed and I had to wait almost a week for parts to come in. Since then the brakes have continued to shudder and make noise and now the acceleration seems to be slow to respond. Very unhappy with the decreasing gas mileage. It rides nicely on the highway and looks nice, too - but I expected more from a $40k automobile."

Bought it and love it

By on Wednesday, October 10, 2012

"Previously we drove a BMW X5. When my wife said she wanted a Ford Flex I was concerned it wouldn't live up to the X5. After owning it for 18 months she loves it and will either drive it into the ground or buy another one in a year or two."

Best vehicle ever!

By on Saturday, September 29, 2012

Pros: "comfort safety and MPGs"

Cons: "can't find one yet...I could do w/out a payment :)"

"I have been driving my Flex for 4 years now. I still love this vehicle. Who can get 21 MPG with mixed city and highway driving in a big rig that can haul 7 passangers? Mine can! I have been noticing some brake noise occassionally. All checks out well. I finally had to replace the tires.....yikes 800.00. The leather/interior has held up well. The exterior has held up pretty well. No problems with reliability. Comfortable and safe ride. I was in a major accident awhile back and I came out without a scratch. The car was not driveable at the time and it held me safe. Definitly the type of car a family should ride in. Love it!"

I wish I had one sooner

By on Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Pros: "magnificent cross country travel vehicle"

Cons: "I would like to see more HWY mileage (24 on HWY)"

"2009 Flex SEL FWD, leather seating. This is easily the finest car I have ever owned (of 20+). Tremendous seating comfort for both large adults & smaller children. Easy for adults to sit in the middle row seating, which tilt backs for comfort. The vehicle 'feels' larger inside than it is, & we have taken many cross country trips in it without complaint. The styling is unique, & the control cluster (we opted for manual controls vs the touch screen) is logical & easy to use both day/night. The kids especially enjoy the rear air/heat separate controls and the wireless headphone DVD system. This is a complex & most useful entertainment system that can support the driver listening to the radio in the front, kids watching a DVD in the back AND on a separate wireless headphone channel other kids listening to CDs or a different radio channel. My previous car was a V-8 & believe the power of this V-6 is roughly equivalent, with more than adequate power on mountain roads heavily loaded with people & luggage for vacation (but we do not tow). It is easy to drive & handles well when asked to, characteristically it handles much closer to a solid sedan rather than to a mini-van or SUV. The FWD is competent & sure footed in Michigan climates. We have had no mechanical issues other than routine maintenance in the first 100K miles, & it has held up cosmetically very well. What is not to love?"

85K miles in 2.5 years

By on Sunday, September 02, 2012

Pros: "Easy to drive, very good stereo, comfortable"

Cons: "Bigger than it looks when you park underground!"

"This is my company car. I have the SE (base model) It has been a great work car. It can haul two large toolboxes as well as spare parts - and that's with only the rear seats folded down. The center seats stay up most of the time. It drives quite well and is not a slug on acceleration. Mine is 2wd, so forget any snow or Ice action. it drives fine in the rain and has very small blind spots ( just look over your shoulder ) the Sync is Great and easy to use. Mileage averages 25.5 -- mostly hiway. I'm getting a 2013 flex in a couple of months to replace this one"

Excellent vehicle. Fun. Stylish. Tech heavy.

By on Friday, July 06, 2012

Pros: "Quiet ride. Room for the family and friends."

Cons: "Hard to park"

"I bought my Flex about a year ago to replace a Camry we had outgrown. It has been excellent since day one. Awesome ride. Super quiet. Smooth. It should be classified as a luxury SUV. I get lots of comments and a friend bought one after seeing mine. Sync is great. I just tell my iPhone what to play and it does it. A to Ford on this one."

ford flex1213

By on Tuesday, July 03, 2012

Pros: "fun,easy to get around with."

Cons: "high priced, brake height"

"it is great and the comfort is the best and the brake height is the worst part."

Awsome vehicle!!!

By on Sunday, May 20, 2012

Pros: "Fun to drive, pretty quick, good looking ride"

Cons: "noisie ride on the road, small plastic parts broke"

"We bought the Flex with thinking it was the perfect vehicle for a family of four and was trying to downsize from the Expdition. It has been nothing short of perfect, even so much another family member just bought a 2012 Flex. We really like the ride and comfort the Flex offers. We have taken it on three long road trips andit has really worked well and performed outstanding. The only set back is on the road it seems to be a little noisie. But a great ride..."

Complete change of heart

By on Thursday, April 19, 2012

Pros: "Ride, quiet, space, lots of features!!!"

Cons: "center console little small, and awkward to access"

"I have owned many GM cars and been pleased with most, most recently a 2008 Hummer H2. Which I loved, except the $140 fuel fillups. We are a family of 5 and needed the room, and my 8 yr old said she wanted her own sun roof. Test drove the Flex Limited with Vista roof, and was completely amazed. Love this car in all aspects, especially the fuel stops. I get more compliments about this car then I ever got about Hummer. I may be a new Ford man if this Flex is any indication of Ford. Best driving vehicle I have ever owned. Try it, bet you will like it too."

Been a great vehicle

By on Thursday, April 05, 2012

Pros: "Great handling, quality and flexability!!"

Cons: "People either love or hate the look...."

"I bought the Flex to cart a choir group around and to use to move a kid to college. I will buy my next flex because I love the car. The interior is huge...backseat legroom puts what they are calling luxary cars to shame (spelled Cadillac) It is up off the ground a bit (but not truckish) handles well in all weather conditions and quality has been excellent since day 1. The base model has lots more on it than I have traditionally seen in a car and has been more than adequate."

Absolutely love this car.

By on Thursday, March 29, 2012

Pros: "room, styling, flexibility"

Cons: "Ford service dept should take cues from Honda"

"Its a mini-van without being a mini-van. Styling is sharp. Tons of room for people/cargo. Like a modern mini van, you still have lots of storage behind 3rd row seats. Other vehicles have 3rd row seats but lose the storage when they are in use. The Sync system is wonderful."

Love my car...

By on Tuesday, March 20, 2012

"This car is nice and big to hold my whole family plus our luggage, strollers and groceries. I am able to plug my IPOD in and stream the music through the car, have multi CD player, Sync and Blue Tooth. I wish I had the moon roof package. But that was our decision not to get it...nothing bad with the car."

Love this car, sooo roomy and what a great ride!!!

By on Sunday, March 18, 2012

Pros: "love the sunroofs, everyone can stretch out!"

Cons: "none, absolutely none!"

"This car is fabulous, love the smooth ride. So darn roomy that everyone can stretch out. It's so easy to change the configuration, it's a snap! My husband is very tall (6'6") and he has room to spare!! Now that's very cool!"