2014 Ford Flex Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $28,016 - $28,847.

10/7.7

Based on 213 Ratings for the 2009 - 2015 models.

Excellent quality. Loads of power, great performer

By on Saturday, February 28, 2015

Pros: "Great crossover vehicle. Performs well, 21.5 MPG"

"Bought my 2009 Flex Limited used in 2011, with 40,000 miles. The engine performs very well. The transmission takes some getting used to, because it's shifting a lot, but it teaches you to drive better. I've driven two times from California. to Oklahoma, and it is the most comfortable car ever. Even after hundreds of miles on the road, it's so comfortable. I can't say enough about the sync system, it accepts voice commands for almost everything, and it actually understands what you're saying. Also recognizes my 500 gig hard drive I have 20,000 songs available at the touch of a button. I tow a small trailer with it, and it does great ! The only compliant I have is both catalytic converters failed at 72,000 & 75,000 miles (just beyond the warranty period) and they were dealer items still, so that was $1,200 to pass smog... Rich.."

Mine lasted only 140,000 miles (engine blew)

By on Thursday, November 14, 2013

Pros: "I liked the style and interior roomyness"

Cons: "BAD engine, fails @ 140K"

"Even though I have a maintenance record folder 2 inches thick and always used synthetic blend oil at every oil change, did the transmission service as required, one day on the freeway with my son, the the Flex began to rapidly loose power and eventually die. Luckily I was able to get out of the lanes of traffic. This event happened just 40 miles outside of the extended waranty I purchased when I bought the car. Sure it was covered until 100K, I get that, but my windstar minivan made it over 220K before I had to rebuild the transmission, and my escape (that I have since traded in for a new Dodge vehicle) was also over 200K (and not maintained nearky as well as this Flex). I guess I trusted Ford a little too much by expecting it to even make it over 200K without issues. I have worked as a designer for Ford (thru tier 1 suppliers) and have owned Ford vehicles for 20 years now, I will never buy or reccomend another. It would stop there had Ford Corporate been so uncareing or even appologetic about my situation. I now stop everyone I see in a Flex and warn them of this defect. Check the internet and you will see I am not alone (ref Customer Satisfaction Program [recall] 12B36, to which I never recieved via the mail) Thank you if you are still reading this review, I tend to vent everytime I think of this car and the engine I had to pay for myself due to defective engineering."

Madly in love with Charlie

By on Tuesday, June 16, 2015

Pros: "great ride, price great for luxury, space to spare"

"Charlie is my new flex. This truck is awesome. Fits my full grown Rottweiler and 2 boxers with lots of room to spare. I can comfortable fit 3 big dogs and 4 people in this thing. I refused to buy a minivan but, coming from an expedition, I didn't want to loose space. The only con is that they are very hard to find used. I have had 3 friends laugh at the boxy frame. One called it a hearse. Once they sat inside the story changed. It feels like complete luxury inside. The one that called it a hearse is now looking for her own and is mad because the limited is so hard to find. This truck has great power, rides better than my expedition on the highway. It is so smooth and comfortable. The sync works flawlessly. Every thing inside is easy to use and placement just makes since. Like when you think you need something it is right at your fingertips no reaching across. There are 12 cup holders throughout. It has 5 charging ports and 1 wall plug. There is not really anything that I could say I would add to this truck. It even has a refrigerator. I took 3 adults, 1 10 year old and 2 teenagers, 8 fishing rods, a cart, 2 tackle boxes and a folding chair to the lake recently and everyone was comfortable. I really could go on all day but summery is I live this truck and I am already determined that when it is time to get a new truck it absolutely MUST be a flex."

Excellent car

By on Saturday, July 11, 2015

Pros: "Hold s value really well and we really enjoy it."

Cons: "?"

"This is the best car we've ever owned. Great to drive. Hugs the road. The mileage exceeds fords estimated on the sticker. Everything works,blind spot warnings are outstanding, engine is very responsive. The Flex is a great road trip car and is very comfortable."

By on Saturday, June 14, 2014

"Excellent car, rideis great, comfortable. Is a joy to drive. Very quiet interior."