2014 Ford Flex Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $28,056 - $28,951.

10/7.7

Based on 209 Ratings for the 2009 - 2015 models.

I love this car

By on Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Pros: "very comfortable"

"I have been very happy with this vehicle since I bought it."

Comfortable and reliable. No headaches.

By on Friday, July 11, 2014

"I have taken trips to Tennesse, Florida, Maryland, etc. Fuel mileage has been slightly lower than anticipated. However, the comfort and room this vehicles provides more than makes up for it. Low maintenance, efficient, plan for new one to be the replacement for it."

Looks quirky but a great car/truck/SUV

By on Thursday, September 18, 2014

"This has been a very reliable and comfortable car. It is a SUV disguised as a car because of it's car chassis. It is the only car that we have owned that has caused people in parking lots to ask "what is that, how do you like it?" I have never put much more than 100,000 miles on a car. Our Flex has 154,000 miles on it and runs like new with no rattles. Not ready to trade it yet."

Excellent quality. Loads of power, great performer

By on Saturday, February 28, 2015

Pros: "Great crossover vehicle. Performs well, 21.5 MPG"

"Bought my 2009 Flex Limited used in 2011, with 40,000 miles. The engine performs very well. The transmission takes some getting used to, because it's shifting a lot, but it teaches you to drive better. I've driven two times from California. to Oklahoma, and it is the most comfortable car ever. Even after hundreds of miles on the road, it's so comfortable. I can't say enough about the sync system, it accepts voice commands for almost everything, and it actually understands what you're saying. Also recognizes my 500 gig hard drive I have 20,000 songs available at the touch of a button. I tow a small trailer with it, and it does great ! The only compliant I have is both catalytic converters failed at 72,000 & 75,000 miles (just beyond the warranty period) and they were dealer items still, so that was $1,200 to pass smog... Rich.."

Mine lasted only 140,000 miles (engine blew)

By on Thursday, November 14, 2013

Pros: "I liked the style and interior roomyness"

Cons: "BAD engine, fails @ 140K"

"Even though I have a maintenance record folder 2 inches thick and always used synthetic blend oil at every oil change, did the transmission service as required, one day on the freeway with my son, the the Flex began to rapidly loose power and eventually die. Luckily I was able to get out of the lanes of traffic. This event happened just 40 miles outside of the extended waranty I purchased when I bought the car. Sure it was covered until 100K, I get that, but my windstar minivan made it over 220K before I had to rebuild the transmission, and my escape (that I have since traded in for a new Dodge vehicle) was also over 200K (and not maintained nearky as well as this Flex). I guess I trusted Ford a little too much by expecting it to even make it over 200K without issues. I have worked as a designer for Ford (thru tier 1 suppliers) and have owned Ford vehicles for 20 years now, I will never buy or reccomend another. It would stop there had Ford Corporate been so uncareing or even appologetic about my situation. I now stop everyone I see in a Flex and warn them of this defect. Check the internet and you will see I am not alone (ref Customer Satisfaction Program [recall] 12B36, to which I never recieved via the mail) Thank you if you are still reading this review, I tend to vent everytime I think of this car and the engine I had to pay for myself due to defective engineering."