2014 Ford Flex Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $27,675 - $28,524.

10/7.7

Based on 219 Ratings for the 2009 - 2015 models.

AWESOME

By on Sunday, August 16, 2009

"If you like the look of this cuv then go for it!! Despite the fact I wanted one from the second I first saw it in the magazine, I love this car now for more reasons than just the way it looks. I have never sat in a more comfortable seat in a vehicle...not cadillac nor lincoln. The ride is extremely smooth and quiet. I have already decided if and when a final production year is announced for the flex I will buy another one. Yes, it IS that AWESOME!!"

Love this car!

By on Sunday, July 06, 2014

Pros: "Great car all around"

Cons: "Seats might be a little more "cushy""

"I have owned over 80 vehicles in my life and this is one of the most adaptable cars I have ever owned. It has about everything. Handles reasonably, comfortable to drive, can carry just about anything up to a small horse and gets pretty fair mileage to boot. We have towed small trailers with it and have used the Flex as a dinghy behind our motorhome. It has more electronics than the Space Shuttle and they all work very well. I have people walk up to me in parking lots and ask lots of questions about it. How many other production cars get that? I'd buy another in a minute."

It's Cool, Unique and it versatility is endless.

By on Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Pros: "Fun to drive, good horsepower, great brakes, safe"

Cons: "Gas mileage, ammeneties missing for high price."

"Pros: * Legroom for all seven seats. * Plenty of horsepower for the size. * Drives like a car. * Not a single thing has gone wrong. * Second row outboard belts have airbags. Cons: * Gas mileage * Tilt Telescope wheel is an option for an expensive vehicle. * My touch takes some getting used to. The 2013 Flex Limited is an unbelievable vehicle. When you first look at it it gives you pause. Then the front says Range Rover and the back says "There's no one like me!" It's size is deceiving as it does look pretty big the closer you get but once you get into the back seat or the third row, everyone has leg room and lots of it. This isn't a minivan or a SUV; it's in a class of its own. Ours has the latest model with the second row outboard belts with airbags. Ours has four sun roofs and the My Touch does get easier to use when you get used to it. I wish it got get gas mileage but COD isn't the main design purpose for this vehicle. Get into the drivers seat, turn around and you'll be blown away with how much room you have. Get one, you will not ever regret it."

Roomy, dependable car with great gas mileage

By on Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Pros: "Mileage, roomy, looks nice"

"For a car of this size, it gets great gas mileage. 22-25 mph. Very roomy, dependable, comfortable and it looks classy."

I wish I had one sooner

By on Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Pros: "magnificent cross country travel vehicle"

Cons: "I would like to see more HWY mileage (24 on HWY)"

"2009 Flex SEL FWD, leather seating. This is easily the finest car I have ever owned (of 20+). Tremendous seating comfort for both large adults & smaller children. Easy for adults to sit in the middle row seating, which tilt backs for comfort. The vehicle 'feels' larger inside than it is, & we have taken many cross country trips in it without complaint. The styling is unique, & the control cluster (we opted for manual controls vs the touch screen) is logical & easy to use both day/night. The kids especially enjoy the rear air/heat separate controls and the wireless headphone DVD system. This is a complex & most useful entertainment system that can support the driver listening to the radio in the front, kids watching a DVD in the back AND on a separate wireless headphone channel other kids listening to CDs or a different radio channel. My previous car was a V-8 & believe the power of this V-6 is roughly equivalent, with more than adequate power on mountain roads heavily loaded with people & luggage for vacation (but we do not tow). It is easy to drive & handles well when asked to, characteristically it handles much closer to a solid sedan rather than to a mini-van or SUV. The FWD is competent & sure footed in Michigan climates. We have had no mechanical issues other than routine maintenance in the first 100K miles, & it has held up cosmetically very well. What is not to love?"

Good car but having some quailty issues...

By on Thursday, February 16, 2012

Pros: "Roomy, stylish"

Cons: "Poor quality of materials"

"I purchased this car with 26,000 miles on it from a local Ford dealer. The first problem I had was the drivers side rear seat latch was broken/stuck, I could not put the seat down to gain access to the 3rd row seats from that side. I looked online and found out that this is a common problem. I took the car back to the dealership and they ordered the part and replaced a month later when the part finally came in. The passenger door lock sticks when you press the unlock button, this is very annoying when someone is waiting for you to unlock the door and get in. Probably the worst thing is the Sony radio (base unit) the high tones fade in and out, it's like someone's playing with the teble. I took the car back to the dealership and they replaced the radio, but it didn't fix the problem. The chrome on the front grill has started to peel of and now that the car is out of warrenty I guess I'm stuck with it. On a brighter note, the car drives and runs great. It has tons of room for me and my children."

Satisfied 2011 Flex SE owner

By on Saturday, January 07, 2012

Pros: "great gas mileage,smooth quiet drive,fun to drive"

"I decided to trade in my 2004 Jaguar XJ8. I went looking for a crossover that was comfortable and roomy. I wanted lots of standard features and great gas mileage. After my test drive I was sold on the Flex SE. The base model had everything I wanted. The only options it had were roof rails,tow package,sync,and second row club seats. It list at 32,000 and i was able to purchase it for 24,000. It is very quiet and fun to drive. I am completely satisfied with my Flex and would encourage anyone looking for a crossover/suv to consider the Flex."

Wonderful

By on Thursday, December 22, 2011

Pros: "comfort, roomy, good gas mileage, unique styling"

Cons: "I haven't found any"

"We have taken our Flex on several road trips, one with six people, and we do not have one complaint. We have been getting around 20 mpg in the city and 25 highway. Our family loves being able to hook up our MP3 players to listen to our own music and also listen to the satellite radio. As the primary driver and the mom of our family I tend to recieve many phone calls. I love being able to bluetooth my phone to the vehicle and recieve or make a call handsfree. To me this is an awesome safety feature. The heated seats are great in the winter. I would and have recommended the Flex to anyone who is willing to listen."

Great family car

By on Thursday, November 17, 2011

Pros: "roomy and comfortable"

Cons: "sound quality on sync"

"I have had the Flex for almost 3 years. It has been a great car, travels awesome! Gas milage is good for the size. Not the best FWD in snow my only driving complaint. Rear parking aid has stopped working, do no know why and is not covered under warranty. Too big of a vehicle for a short person to drive unassisted."

great vehicle

By on Wednesday, December 08, 2010

"Rides as good as the lincoln signature I traded in. Plenty of room and comfort for all. Gas mileage up to 26mpg on the highway as long as you keep within speed limit. I would deffinitely recomend this vehicle ...great cargo capacity also."