2014 Ford Flex Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $27,964 - $28,857.

10/7.7

Based on 206 Ratings for the 2009 - 2015 models.

2010 Ford Flex with Ecoboost

By on Tuesday, March 08, 2011

"This is the best vehicle I've ever owned. The Flex is so comfortable with lots of room. The ecoboost engine has lots of power (355 hp) and gets great mileage (ave 23 mpg for me.) This is much better than the other SUV's I was looking at."

Love it, now not so much

By on Sunday, February 27, 2011

"I bought this flex a year ago used. I loved it at first until I started having problems and now have several trips to the dealer for repairs. I feel if you spend this much money on a car the exterior parts shouldn't come off at the car wash. I have had a brake problem since about a month after I purchased the car. They still can't figure out why my brakes stick and grind and said it will "work it's self out". I had to have the tie rods replace and some other front end work. I had the trim around two doors replace, both Ford emblems replaced, and the seal at the bottom of the doors. It does get around great in the snow and handles well. It travels well with enough room for everyone to be comfortable. The interior scratches easily so caution to anyone with little ones. The doors are traps for dirt and rocks and is hard to clean out. After the winter weather I had sand, gravel, and salt stuck in there and had to sweep it out and wash by hand so it wouldn't cause a rust out. I am very dissatisfied with the performance at this price point. Looking into trading for something else already."

Wish I did not buy it...

By on Friday, February 11, 2011

"I was debating on whether to purchase a Honda Pilot or the Flex. We went with the Flex because it was less expensive and had more comfortable back seats.. We bought a 2009 with 24K miles on it. After about two weeks driving the car, I began to have neck pain. The headrest in the front seats lean forward and tilt my head to an uncomfortable position. The neck pain continues. My only other option is to turn the headrest backwards but then it protrudes out and places the person in the back seat at risk of slamming into it if there is an accident. At about 5 months my brakes began making a grinding noise. I brought it to be serviced thinking I would most likely need to replace brake pads. Turns out, the rotors, front and back brakes needed replacement. I had to pay $875. Then the caliper began sticking, that needed to be replaced. Now the axel is has a leak and the fluids are dripping on my exhaust causing a horrible smell when I stop. I also had to get the console replaced and the hatch door fixed because it would not stay up. Ford has been sympathic to my ordeals but other than that has done nothing much to help me. I brought up the concern with the dealership about the brakes because there was a technical bulletein out regarding other customers having issues as well. Ford gave me a check of $134 of the $875 I paid...I would read the ford flex forums before thinking of purchasing the car. It is not the quality car I thought I was buying and Ford is not standing by their product...I am starting to feel that I spend more time waiting for parts to be shipped and planning visits to get my car repaired...hopefully selling this Flex and getting a Pilot..."

By on Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Great Value

By on Tuesday, January 11, 2011

"This car is definitely a love or hate car, but for those who like a boxy looking car, no need to look elsewhere. This car has everything you would ever want in a crossover. It has a ton of room in both the front and middle rows, and even has an acceptable amount of room in the 3rd row. The seats are extremely comfortable and stylish, the interior is second-to-none, and the car is well-rounded. We've been on 3 300 mile+ trips in it and I can't tell you how nice this car is to have for traveling. It is slightly underpowered for those of you seeking a soccer mom car with some extra kick for the husband, but it definitely gets the job done for quick acceleration on the highway. As far as it's overall quality, we bought our SEL used with about 27000 miles and it was in absolutely brand new condition. The materials used to build this car seem to be very high quality, and it doesn't show wear and tear. Although we've only had ours about 7 months, we are very happy with how it's held up under the conditions we've put it through, and I'm currently very happy with how it does in the snow (for a front wheel drive vehicle with no snow tires). We've had 4+ inches on all the roads and it seems to glide right through it with little to no slipping, and when the wheels do spin, the traction control takes over immediately. The only major problem I have with this car is the massive amount of torque-steer it has. When you floor it, the steering wheel makes you work to keep it straight. Other than that, this car is a must-have for those seeking a stylish, comfortable, usable family car to take trips, drive the kids to practice, or have a night out on the town."

great vehicle

By on Wednesday, December 08, 2010

"Rides as good as the lincoln signature I traded in. Plenty of room and comfort for all. Gas mileage up to 26mpg on the highway as long as you keep within speed limit. I would deffinitely recomend this vehicle ...great cargo capacity also."

By on Wednesday, December 01, 2010

Great vehicle

By on Monday, November 29, 2010

"Great vehicle to drive. Rides well. Handles well. Great to have if you have children or grandchildren. Has a "solid" feel to it when driving. Only negative is the headrest. Had to reverse becasue it bends forward way to much."

By on Thursday, November 04, 2010

"Purchased a 2009 SEL with AWD.Loaded with 12,000 miles @ a great price. Saved over 9000 from a new one. Excellent ride. Like sitting in a lazy boy. Gas mpg is good for a vehicle that is this big. Got almost 25mpg on the freeway with 7 passengers doing 80. 2009 models should have came with standard telescoping wheel. Other then that, no complaints. Everyone asks who makes it and what is it."

Would buy one again!

By on Tuesday, November 02, 2010

"I drive an active family of five--and love this vehicle for its roominess, comfort and drive-ability. Used to drive a smaller SUV--and the Ford Flex is an amazing alternative--with more cargo room, easy to use fold down seats (with lots of different configurations) and much better gas mileage. The flex is the first vehicle I have ever driven that I said I would buy another one! Two small drawbacks--the flex needs a bigger gas tank--it also has a significant side blind spot--other than that--It is awesome!"