2014 Ford Flex Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $27,675 - $28,524.

10/7.7

Based on 218 Ratings for the 2009 - 2015 models.

LOVE my Flex, great for roadtrips

By on Saturday, January 28, 2012

Pros: "Comfort, safety, fun to drive"

Cons: "Tires wear fast, Sync inconsistent, blind spot."

"I bought my 2009 2-tone Flex Limited as CPO with 30K miles two years ago. Favorite. Car. Ever! I especially love the Vista roof, 2nd row captain chairs,leather, and DVD system. Super roadtrip car: she has taken our family (inc. 2 teens and a 8-yr-old) on several vacations through 14 states very comfortably. The windshield is HUGE and with all the big windows (plus Vista roof) its like being in the observation car of a train. Room for everyone plus luggage and gear. For gas I get about 20/24, closer to 18 going through mountains of course. Wherever we go (outside of MI) people ask about her and love the look of the car. It's quiet enough for work/clients, and great for tooling around doing carpool duty. I'm not impressed by the manufacturer tires, which wear out by 30K. The Sync system misinterprets requests which can either be frustrating or downright comical, depending on what you are trying to do. And I have to keep playing with the side mirrors to avoid a significant blind spot. But overall I really, really love this car. As long as I can keep her running I'm planning to keep her even if she's no longer my day-to-day car in a few years."

Best vehicle ever

By on Sunday, November 27, 2011

"I was looking at large suv's to buy. I started working at a new job and rode to work in a Flex.I could not believe the room in the back seat and the fuel mileage this vehicle got.I was sold. The flex provides great fuel economy and plenty of room on long trips.I do not use it much around town, but great on the highway with lots of comfort."

Great Vehicle!!

By on Sunday, October 13, 2013

Pros: "Everything"

Cons: "nothing"

"This vehicle is very comfortable and reliable. I just finished a 5,800 mile trip with mine with no issues and no back fatigue. Drives and handles very well in comfort,also with plenty 2nd seat leg room, with lots of room for luggage and passengers. I Always get asked about it and gets plenty of compliments."

Best vehicle for a busy family, kids, pets, cargo!

By on Tuesday, October 25, 2011

"This car follows our use of Chevy Suburbans and meets almost every need as well, only cargo space is smaller! With sports gear, a large dog and fluctuating number of passengers, this is a fantastic car. The ride is lovely if we're out with adults for an evening and for family use, the Flex works well for extra older kids with the forward-facing rear seats which are true seats, safe and comfortable, unlike rear mini-van or smaller SUV rear seats! Overall, a fantastic and really nice, smooth car! One can enjoy for travel and for easy transport of lots of things to college dorms!"

LOVE IT

By on Friday, August 15, 2014

Pros: "easy and fun to drive, peppy engine"

Cons: "fuel economy"

"Its wonderful, dives like a car, but holds cargo like a minivan. We used to own a minivan and needed something we could tow with and the flex was perfect. The kids can get in and out easily even from the third row. The fuel economy is not impressive (i have heard it got better in later years). I would buy it all over again! Engine is peppy and towing does not make it feel under powered."

10k ON THE ODOMETER AND ITS BEEN FLAWLESS.

By on Monday, July 07, 2014

Pros: "practical, solid, dependable, affordable"

Cons: "noisy drive with windows down at Hwy speeds"

"People always ask what it is and if I like it, some mistake it for a Range Rover Mileage is a solid 25 MPG on the highwas at 70 mph or less, mixed around town is about 22 mpg Adaptive cruise control make highway driving a pleasure. It's a must have Self parallel parking system is cool but never used Didn't think I'd like the auto hydrolic rear hatch but find it very convenient. Same for the AC in the front seats thought it was odd at first but after the first 90 degree day I was a convert. Low compression engine with front wheel drive has more than enough torque and pickup for most unless you want to spend $1500 for twin turbo which uses premium gas and get lower mileage Handling and ride is great with tow package/ anti-sway no - SUV/minivan porpoising, not quite my BMW 7 but close. Drives smaller than it looks Interior is clean and functional, rear passenger's luv the 2 buckets which have heat and seporate climate control for the back row and skylights above all rows Driver seating is very comfortable for 6'3" but vertical and transverse engine limits stretchout legroom Sunroof / Panoramic roof makes the whole truck light and airy front to back.... this should be offered with lower trim levels, can only add if you have virtuall evey other option. Active road sensing technology is very helpful and gets you spoiled when you drive acar without it Synch is solid technology but can be quircky intermittantly Lots of airbags and very good safety rating... spend the $190 for the rear passenger seatbelt airbags"

This is a great crossover vehicle.

By on Friday, November 15, 2013

Pros: "Looks good and has a great presence on the road."

Cons: "We have not found a down side to this vehicle."

"After having Club Wagons, an Excursion and a Explorer this is a very pleasant change. Much easer to drive, park and it rides almost like a car but has the towing and haling capacity of a SUV."

85K miles in 2.5 years

By on Sunday, September 02, 2012

Pros: "Easy to drive, very good stereo, comfortable"

Cons: "Bigger than it looks when you park underground!"

"This is my company car. I have the SE (base model) It has been a great work car. It can haul two large toolboxes as well as spare parts - and that's with only the rear seats folded down. The center seats stay up most of the time. It drives quite well and is not a slug on acceleration. Mine is 2wd, so forget any snow or Ice action. it drives fine in the rain and has very small blind spots ( just look over your shoulder ) the Sync is Great and easy to use. Mileage averages 25.5 -- mostly hiway. I'm getting a 2013 flex in a couple of months to replace this one"

Best vehicle I have owned.

By on Tuesday, January 03, 2012

Pros: "Roomy, confortable, good mpg."

Cons: "none."

"With out a doubt this is the best vehicle I have ever owned. I have owned mostly Fords but the Flex surpasses all of the other 24 vehicles I have owned. It took some time to convince my wife to drive it, but once she did she was sold. It is roomy, I'm 6'3" 265lbs, and very comfortable. We drove it to Orlando Fl. the day after we bought it and avg 24mpg fully loaded. We have not had any mech problems in 31k. We did have a couple of cosmetic items but they were quickly taken care of by our local dealer. If you have not driven the Flex and are in the market for a crossover then do youself a favor and drive it, because you will fall in love with it."

I'm loving it

By on Friday, February 12, 2010

"This is the best vehicle we have ever owned. Not only do I get the stability and comfort the safety is outstanding. My first impression when I drove the Flex was this feels very safe and I feel very secure driving it down the road. It is very fun to drive and I feel like I am driving in a tank. I was in a major accident (on the freeway - hit and run) and although the truck was damaged and no longer drivable at the time I did not suffer a scratch on me. This is definitly the type of car a family should be driving! Love the AWD and the styling. SYNC and satelite radio are great. Plently of leg room and I love that all of the seats fold down flat. No complaints yet and I have been driving for well over a year and have 18,000 miles on it."

AWESOME

By on Sunday, August 16, 2009

"If you like the look of this cuv then go for it!! Despite the fact I wanted one from the second I first saw it in the magazine, I love this car now for more reasons than just the way it looks. I have never sat in a more comfortable seat in a vehicle...not cadillac nor lincoln. The ride is extremely smooth and quiet. I have already decided if and when a final production year is announced for the flex I will buy another one. Yes, it IS that AWESOME!!"

Love this car!

By on Sunday, July 06, 2014

Pros: "Great car all around"

Cons: "Seats might be a little more "cushy""

"I have owned over 80 vehicles in my life and this is one of the most adaptable cars I have ever owned. It has about everything. Handles reasonably, comfortable to drive, can carry just about anything up to a small horse and gets pretty fair mileage to boot. We have towed small trailers with it and have used the Flex as a dinghy behind our motorhome. It has more electronics than the Space Shuttle and they all work very well. I have people walk up to me in parking lots and ask lots of questions about it. How many other production cars get that? I'd buy another in a minute."

It's Cool, Unique and it versatility is endless.

By on Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Pros: "Fun to drive, good horsepower, great brakes, safe"

Cons: "Gas mileage, ammeneties missing for high price."

"Pros: * Legroom for all seven seats. * Plenty of horsepower for the size. * Drives like a car. * Not a single thing has gone wrong. * Second row outboard belts have airbags. Cons: * Gas mileage * Tilt Telescope wheel is an option for an expensive vehicle. * My touch takes some getting used to. The 2013 Flex Limited is an unbelievable vehicle. When you first look at it it gives you pause. Then the front says Range Rover and the back says "There's no one like me!" It's size is deceiving as it does look pretty big the closer you get but once you get into the back seat or the third row, everyone has leg room and lots of it. This isn't a minivan or a SUV; it's in a class of its own. Ours has the latest model with the second row outboard belts with airbags. Ours has four sun roofs and the My Touch does get easier to use when you get used to it. I wish it got get gas mileage but COD isn't the main design purpose for this vehicle. Get into the drivers seat, turn around and you'll be blown away with how much room you have. Get one, you will not ever regret it."

Roomy, dependable car with great gas mileage

By on Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Pros: "Mileage, roomy, looks nice"

"For a car of this size, it gets great gas mileage. 22-25 mph. Very roomy, dependable, comfortable and it looks classy."

I wish I had one sooner

By on Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Pros: "magnificent cross country travel vehicle"

Cons: "I would like to see more HWY mileage (24 on HWY)"

"2009 Flex SEL FWD, leather seating. This is easily the finest car I have ever owned (of 20+). Tremendous seating comfort for both large adults & smaller children. Easy for adults to sit in the middle row seating, which tilt backs for comfort. The vehicle 'feels' larger inside than it is, & we have taken many cross country trips in it without complaint. The styling is unique, & the control cluster (we opted for manual controls vs the touch screen) is logical & easy to use both day/night. The kids especially enjoy the rear air/heat separate controls and the wireless headphone DVD system. This is a complex & most useful entertainment system that can support the driver listening to the radio in the front, kids watching a DVD in the back AND on a separate wireless headphone channel other kids listening to CDs or a different radio channel. My previous car was a V-8 & believe the power of this V-6 is roughly equivalent, with more than adequate power on mountain roads heavily loaded with people & luggage for vacation (but we do not tow). It is easy to drive & handles well when asked to, characteristically it handles much closer to a solid sedan rather than to a mini-van or SUV. The FWD is competent & sure footed in Michigan climates. We have had no mechanical issues other than routine maintenance in the first 100K miles, & it has held up cosmetically very well. What is not to love?"

Good car but having some quailty issues...

By on Thursday, February 16, 2012

Pros: "Roomy, stylish"

Cons: "Poor quality of materials"

"I purchased this car with 26,000 miles on it from a local Ford dealer. The first problem I had was the drivers side rear seat latch was broken/stuck, I could not put the seat down to gain access to the 3rd row seats from that side. I looked online and found out that this is a common problem. I took the car back to the dealership and they ordered the part and replaced a month later when the part finally came in. The passenger door lock sticks when you press the unlock button, this is very annoying when someone is waiting for you to unlock the door and get in. Probably the worst thing is the Sony radio (base unit) the high tones fade in and out, it's like someone's playing with the teble. I took the car back to the dealership and they replaced the radio, but it didn't fix the problem. The chrome on the front grill has started to peel of and now that the car is out of warrenty I guess I'm stuck with it. On a brighter note, the car drives and runs great. It has tons of room for me and my children."

Satisfied 2011 Flex SE owner

By on Saturday, January 07, 2012

Pros: "great gas mileage,smooth quiet drive,fun to drive"

"I decided to trade in my 2004 Jaguar XJ8. I went looking for a crossover that was comfortable and roomy. I wanted lots of standard features and great gas mileage. After my test drive I was sold on the Flex SE. The base model had everything I wanted. The only options it had were roof rails,tow package,sync,and second row club seats. It list at 32,000 and i was able to purchase it for 24,000. It is very quiet and fun to drive. I am completely satisfied with my Flex and would encourage anyone looking for a crossover/suv to consider the Flex."

Wonderful

By on Thursday, December 22, 2011

Pros: "comfort, roomy, good gas mileage, unique styling"

Cons: "I haven't found any"

"We have taken our Flex on several road trips, one with six people, and we do not have one complaint. We have been getting around 20 mpg in the city and 25 highway. Our family loves being able to hook up our MP3 players to listen to our own music and also listen to the satellite radio. As the primary driver and the mom of our family I tend to recieve many phone calls. I love being able to bluetooth my phone to the vehicle and recieve or make a call handsfree. To me this is an awesome safety feature. The heated seats are great in the winter. I would and have recommended the Flex to anyone who is willing to listen."

Great family car

By on Thursday, November 17, 2011

Pros: "roomy and comfortable"

Cons: "sound quality on sync"

"I have had the Flex for almost 3 years. It has been a great car, travels awesome! Gas milage is good for the size. Not the best FWD in snow my only driving complaint. Rear parking aid has stopped working, do no know why and is not covered under warranty. Too big of a vehicle for a short person to drive unassisted."

great vehicle

By on Wednesday, December 08, 2010

"Rides as good as the lincoln signature I traded in. Plenty of room and comfort for all. Gas mileage up to 26mpg on the highway as long as you keep within speed limit. I would deffinitely recomend this vehicle ...great cargo capacity also."

Would buy one again!

By on Tuesday, November 02, 2010

"I drive an active family of five--and love this vehicle for its roominess, comfort and drive-ability. Used to drive a smaller SUV--and the Ford Flex is an amazing alternative--with more cargo room, easy to use fold down seats (with lots of different configurations) and much better gas mileage. The flex is the first vehicle I have ever driven that I said I would buy another one! Two small drawbacks--the flex needs a bigger gas tank--it also has a significant side blind spot--other than that--It is awesome!"

quiet!!!!

By on Friday, August 13, 2010

"we bought this USED car becuase it was a steal with only 20k on it. We got a great deal. and, the dealer put four BRAND new tires on it, we bought a 6 year warranty on it, and it was SUPER clean. BUT MOST OF ALL, IT IS SO QUIET. ROAD NOISE IS VIRTUALLY GONE!!!!"

Excellant for families but still fun to drive

By on Monday, April 26, 2010

"LOVE LOVE LOVE our Flex! Pretty good MPG (25+) on trips, much better than the Trailblazer we had before. Lots of get up and go on take off. Smooth and quiet ride. Generous middle seat, 6 foot adults have plenty of leg room, and the headrest DVD's are a blessing with the kids. We had no problems setting the SYNC system up with our phones. The only thing that I wish is that there was more cargo room when the third row is in use. There is not much space. The deep wells do help with this, but with 4 kids, everyone needs to pack light. I would absolutely buy this car again."

very comfortable

By on Thursday, May 30, 2013

Pros: "back up camera is great, blind spot warning good"

Cons: "Navagation had some trouble entering addresses"

"great car for the whole family. Can fit 7 people and wheel chair at same time. Low to the ground so 90 year old parents can get in. Handles nice, rides smooth. Easy to get used to driving from a smaller car."

Absolutely love this car.

By on Thursday, March 29, 2012

Pros: "room, styling, flexibility"

Cons: "Ford service dept should take cues from Honda"

"Its a mini-van without being a mini-van. Styling is sharp. Tons of room for people/cargo. Like a modern mini van, you still have lots of storage behind 3rd row seats. Other vehicles have 3rd row seats but lose the storage when they are in use. The Sync system is wonderful."