• 2014 Compact SUV Buyer's Guide

2014 Ford Flex Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $27,985 - $28,728.

10/7.7

Based on 173 Ratings for the 2009 - 2014 models.

"Homerun for Ford!"

By on Monday, August 10, 2009

"I have gotten nothing but compliments from people on this vehicle since purchasing it on 7/30/09. It drives as smooth as silk. the interior is the best I have ever seen from Ford. I have the black leather interior with theblack clearcoat exterior. I can't say it enough, Everyone who sees this crossover loves it!!! My kids love it my colleagues at work love it. My wife likes it a lot which is saying a lot because she is not into cars or car shopping at all. The Ford sales staff was outstanding. The Flex is really roomy and the seats are very comfortable. I find myself trying to come up with excuses to drive it. It has plenty of power off the line and in the mid-range for a vehicle of it's class and type. Good build quality, high quality interior materials, and very stylish details make this vehicle a winner. 3yr/36000 mile bumper to bumper warranty and 5 yr/60000 mile powertrain with 2 yr/24000 mile free oil changes and tire rotation. Free monthly car washes from the dealer for 2 years, I mean these guys really want to sell you a car which puts you and me, the buyers in a great position. I test drove the Dodge Journey, Saturn Outlook, and Chevy Traverse and they did not come close to the value for the dollar I got with the Flex. The Honda Pilot looks like a Tonka Toy. Toyota is just plain boring. Buy American and support our auto industry. With Ford putting out a vehicle this good it is an easy thing to do. Just so everyone knows, I don't work for Ford and am not a paid plant, just an ordinary American citizen who is really impressed with this vehicle. It is my 1st new vehicle and I am almost 40. My advice, Buy One!!!"

The Best Ugly Car Ever

By on Saturday, February 09, 2013

Pros: "Comfort, Reliability, Performace,"

Cons: "Front foot room,"

"As you read this please understand that this was the ultimate stretch for me. I have been a dedicated GM owner for many years. I had a predetermined budget for the purchase and this new 2009 Ford Flex was purchased while Ford was offering there Employee pricing incentive so it was a lot of car for the money spent. It is also safe to say that I wold not be able to replicate that today. My first reaction was no way. I am not interested. It just lacked any style. Then I drove it for an evening. After my 100 mile demo drive it totaly made me see the car in a differant light. Its spacious interior makes it a very comfortable car to drive. It had that big car feel however drives much like todays midsized sedans. The front drivers area is well appointed with power outlets and creature comforts like AM/FM 6 CD change stereo, Sirrus Radio, The Sync System and the dual front and rear Air Conditioning. The interrior lighting was adequate however it could have been better. There is more than enough room for 5 pepole well over six feet tall. It is the only vechicle I have been in where the rear legg room was not impeaded by the back for the front seats. As far as having enough room I cant find another car that offers the room and comfort and the value the Ford Flex offers. It was actually quieter inside than a Cadillac Escalade. The 3.5 lite V6 performs flawlessly and the Front wheel drive version that I own provided 23 MPG Highway and 19 MPG City - Safe to say 21 mpg average. The Flex easily towed a 3,500 pound trailer and I belive would handle the 5000 pound towing capacity with the proper equipment. The transmission hold back feature to aid in descending long grades with out riding the brakes performs very well. The Ford Flex is a practical full sized all around transportion. I would be interested to see how the new eco boost V6 engine performs in a MPG test as it is reported to be much better. Ford has really hit a home run with this car. If you can overlook the exterior design you wont be dissapointed with your results. I would deffinatly purchase another Ford Flex and recommend the car to a friend."

fantastic vehicle. love to drive it.

By on Friday, July 26, 2013

Pros: "plenty of data ports, cup holders at all positions"

Cons: "no cargo room w seatbacks up fuel capacity 2 small"

"I have 2010, sel model. i love it. it drives like a dream. easy handling on curves really holds them tight. pure pleasure to drive. wife also likes to drive it."

Been a great vehicle

By on Thursday, April 05, 2012

Pros: "Great handling, quality and flexability!!"

Cons: "People either love or hate the look...."

"I bought the Flex to cart a choir group around and to use to move a kid to college. I will buy my next flex because I love the car. The interior is huge...backseat legroom puts what they are calling luxary cars to shame (spelled Cadillac) It is up off the ground a bit (but not truckish) handles well in all weather conditions and quality has been excellent since day 1. The base model has lots more on it than I have traditionally seen in a car and has been more than adequate."

Great Value

By on Tuesday, January 11, 2011

"This car is definitely a love or hate car, but for those who like a boxy looking car, no need to look elsewhere. This car has everything you would ever want in a crossover. It has a ton of room in both the front and middle rows, and even has an acceptable amount of room in the 3rd row. The seats are extremely comfortable and stylish, the interior is second-to-none, and the car is well-rounded. We've been on 3 300 mile+ trips in it and I can't tell you how nice this car is to have for traveling. It is slightly underpowered for those of you seeking a soccer mom car with some extra kick for the husband, but it definitely gets the job done for quick acceleration on the highway. As far as it's overall quality, we bought our SEL used with about 27000 miles and it was in absolutely brand new condition. The materials used to build this car seem to be very high quality, and it doesn't show wear and tear. Although we've only had ours about 7 months, we are very happy with how it's held up under the conditions we've put it through, and I'm currently very happy with how it does in the snow (for a front wheel drive vehicle with no snow tires). We've had 4+ inches on all the roads and it seems to glide right through it with little to no slipping, and when the wheels do spin, the traction control takes over immediately. The only major problem I have with this car is the massive amount of torque-steer it has. When you floor it, the steering wheel makes you work to keep it straight. Other than that, this car is a must-have for those seeking a stylish, comfortable, usable family car to take trips, drive the kids to practice, or have a night out on the town."

We love it!!!

By on Sunday, February 16, 2014

Pros: "Fun to drive and very comfortable"

"We purchased our 2009 Ford Flex January of 2010. We currently have 117000 miles on our Flex and it has been all over the country. Drives good, handles good, looks good and the best thing is we have had no problems at all. Would buy another one no question."

my ford flex

By on Friday, December 28, 2012

Pros: "price/size"

Cons: "lack of rear opening windows"

"I have the flex after downsizing from an e350 15 passenger van. Yes big family with plenty of friends. I didn't want a huge SUV. I needed the seating- 7 minimum, and it easily seats 7 adults. I can even fit 3 hockeybags with all the seats filled. I wanted something with no blind spots- this is it. I do wish I was higher off the ground, but I don't feel like I'm sitting on the ground like in some others cars. I wish the rear had windows which opened for the puppies but the vents work well for them. The rear seat does fold down flat but not into the floor snug enough, it's bouncy- lost space. I like what I have so far and would easily recommend the flex."

Love this Vehicle!!!!

By on Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Pros: "Fun to drive, Sharp Looking, spacious"

Cons: "Tires were more expensive"

"We bought this car at higher mileage and still has been the best vehicle I have EVER owned! I have 3 kids but I also work in a job that I shuttle a lot of women around. I can comfortable fit 7 adults in the vehicle and looks so much better than a minivan! I have even laid seats down and fit a twin mattress and boxsprings and threw another 3 Queen mattresses on top of the car. Kids love Lexie (Car's name) even my teenager and that's hard to believe I know. I reminds me of an old Calif. Woody Car. Have a friend who works for a funeral home and since my car is all black he even joked that they could steal it and make it into a hearse since there is enough room. I have the low end version and just wish XM lasted longer and had the little plastic pieces on inside of door handle pop off but that's it! Although I am still looking for the fuse box. The owners manual is very vague. Had a nail in my tire last week and even though it didn't look low at all the low tire pressure alarm came on and we got it fixed."

Wish I had bought something else!!

By on Tuesday, November 06, 2012

Pros: "Rides nice on highway sun roof & power seats"

Cons: "MPG, brakes, electronics"

"I bought a 2012 SEL AWD with every option except navigation and DVD. The second day I owned the car the warning lights lit up the dash like a Christmas tree. It had to be removed to the dealer by flatbed and I had to wait almost a week for parts to come in. Since then the brakes have continued to shudder and make noise and now the acceleration seems to be slow to respond. Very unhappy with the decreasing gas mileage. It rides nicely on the highway and looks nice, too - but I expected more from a $40k automobile."

Best vehicle ever!

By on Saturday, September 29, 2012

Pros: "comfort safety and MPGs"

Cons: "can't find one yet...I could do w/out a payment :)"

"I have been driving my Flex for 4 years now. I still love this vehicle. Who can get 21 MPG with mixed city and highway driving in a big rig that can haul 7 passangers? Mine can! I have been noticing some brake noise occassionally. All checks out well. I finally had to replace the tires.....yikes 800.00. The leather/interior has held up well. The exterior has held up pretty well. No problems with reliability. Comfortable and safe ride. I was in a major accident awhile back and I came out without a scratch. The car was not driveable at the time and it held me safe. Definitly the type of car a family should ride in. Love it!"