2014 Ford Flex Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $27,951 - $28,888.

10/7.7

Based on 206 Ratings for the 2009 - 2015 models.

A well-executed multi-mover

By on Tuesday, April 21, 2015

Pros: "Practical, well-made, QUIET, easy in/out"

Cons: "expensive,depreciates fast, no arm rests for rear"

"I'm very satisfied with this vehicle and would recommend it to anyone. My complaints are few. Probably the biggest are these: 1) The lack of arm rests on the rear passengers. You really miss something to rest your arm upon when you sit back there. 2) I can fault the Ford Sync system (thanks Microsoft) as well for being balky and clunky, but I rarely use Sync because the on-board navigation is all I need and it is independent of Sync. 3) I would rate the on-board navigation at 8 out of 10. I have seen better Nav systems that automatically detect traffic issues for example, and it can get confused trying to find locations within or around shopping malls, but all-in-all, it works very satisfactorily. I hear that Ford wants $150 for navigation map updates, though, which is absolutely ridiculous. 4) The center console is extremely awkward to open due to its position and length. The lid is so long that trying to open it while driving could very easily be a safety hazard. Other than those things, I am very happy with the vehicle. The fit/finish and materials quality are very good to excellent, and it is quiet on the road. I can depend on 21 mpg and occasionally get a tad more. The 285hp V6 is quite adequate. The controls have a quality feel to them. The display options for the dash are useful. I have had NO issues with the vehicle in 2 years and 50k miles. It is an expensive vehicle for what you get, compared to others like Honda Odyssey or Toyota Sienna, and Ford has traditionally had trouble with quality in their prior minivan products (notoriously, the Windstar), so I suppose that's the cause for the market resistance to the Flex and its high depreciation, but I think that they hit the mark this time, or at least got VERY close."

Would buy again.

By on Thursday, April 02, 2015

"Basically love the vehicle.Very quiet.Easy handling.Great on the road.Has been very reliable. Only complaint is the unpredictable Sync system.Frustrating at times.Have heard similar complaints about other makes of autos. Would buy again."

Simply outstanding vehicle

By on Wednesday, April 01, 2015

Pros: "Comfortable, Spacious, Good mpg for large car"

Cons: "Perhaps cup holder utility"

"I've owned or driven a lot vehicles of various makes & sizes. This one is way ahead of whatever the second choice might be. Extremely comfortable ride, very responsive & stable handling, spacious with plenty of room for the big & tall yet comfy & secure for the short & small. Good view all around - better than any others that I recall. Very satisfied with fuel mpg for a large, heavy vehicle - approx. 22.5 mpg over the 56,000 miles so far, don't remember a tank under 20 mpg, not uncommon to get 26.5 for a tank all highway miles. Has plenty of power & stability even pulling about 4,000 pound trailer. The ride & handling are firm & definitive - not mushy and wallowy like some "luxury" vehicles I've driven, therefore, if you want the mushy floating feeling, it may not be as comfortable for you. Only a couple of minor issues that were quickly remedied by the dealer under warranty."

I love this car

By on Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Pros: "very comfortable"

"I have been very happy with this vehicle since I bought it."

Best Car I have ever owned!

By on Monday, March 23, 2015

Pros: "Style, Comfort, Speed, Storage, TON of cup holders"

Cons: "Nothing. Clearance takes getting used to after 150"

"The flex on first sight for me was love! LOVE the shape, once I got in it was a done deal! Rides SOOO smooth but has the ECOBOOST to get me going where I need in a jiffy! Would highly recommend this car to anyone! Mother in law bought one after going on a road trip with us! Best long distance car average money can buy! AWD has no problem getting me up in to the Salt lake canyons If you haven't test drove one go do it!"