2014 Ford Flex Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $40,399 - $41,407.

10/7.7

Based on 200 Ratings for the 2009 - 2015 models.

Excellent quality. Loads of power, great performer

By on Saturday, February 28, 2015

Pros: "Great crossover vehicle. Performs well, 21.5 MPG"

"Bought my 2009 Flex Limited used in 2011, with 40,000 miles. The engine performs very well. The transmission takes some getting used to, because it's shifting a lot, but it teaches you to drive better. I've driven two times from California. to Oklahoma, and it is the most comfortable car ever. Even after hundreds of miles on the road, it's so comfortable. I can't say enough about the sync system, it accepts voice commands for almost everything, and it actually understands what you're saying. Also recognizes my 500 gig hard drive I have 20,000 songs available at the touch of a button. I tow a small trailer with it, and it does great ! The only compliant I have is both catalytic converters failed at 72,000 & 75,000 miles (just beyond the warranty period) and they were dealer items still, so that was $1,200 to pass smog... Rich.."

trouble from the start

By on Thursday, February 26, 2015

Pros: "great design, smooth ride"

Cons: "reliability"

"My first new car ever!!! It was suppose to be reliable. I have never had as many issues with any other car I've owned. My 2009 Ford Flex was everything I wanted and it drove like a dream..Then things would go wrong. Most recently my car doesn't turn off when the ignition is off and the key is out. Dash lights flash horns go off series of clicking noises car dies. dealership can't find anything wrong in the 2xs this has happened. Just got car back today from dealer who had it for 3 days, had car 4 hours and was strand with my 2 kids in a parking lot in freezing temperatures. My extended warranty is up in a few days and feel like the dealer is just running the warranty out instead of fixing the car."

My video

2009 ford flex computer goes crazy

Great SUV Alternative

By on Friday, February 13, 2015

Pros: "Fun to drive and plenty of space"

Cons: "Less than luxurious interior panels on the Limited"

"Purchased the Flex to haul our two Golden Retrievers, but wanted something that handled better than a SUV. The Flex has been a lot more fun to own than I anticipated. The AWD works well on wet and snowy surfaces in the mountains. Great for road trips with four adults and luggage, as well as trips to Home Depot. The twin turbo V6 provides acceleration that is amazing for a vehicle of this size. I'm sure it would easily tow a decent size boat."

4 years and still love this car

By on Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Pros: "Great ride, great cargo capacity, great price"

Cons: "hard to see backing up"

Bonnie and Clyde take trip down memory lane in Gibsland, LA

"We stalked the Flex for a year before we bought it because it was so big inside. A car big enough to hold all the grand-kids at the same time and all their junk. Finally took it for a test drive and fell in love - hook, line and hubcaps. Got a bodacious good price from the local Ford dealer and immediately took it on a three week road trip across the western US. Best road car I've ever owned. My sister-in-law laughed when we pulled up in the big black 'hearse' but after she drove it, she ended up buying one just like it. We took off for Mississippi in a two hearse caravan and turned heads across 4 states. What do we like best about this big black box? 1. The ride 2. The comfortable seats 3. The space 4. the sound system 5. Did I say, the ride? 6. Decent gas mileage Never regretted buying this car, not for one second. We are still in love with it after 4 1/2 years"

Bonnie and Clyde take trip down memory lane in Gibsland, LA

very responsive car in very good condition

By on Thursday, January 29, 2015

Pros: "fun to drive"

Cons: "cannot think of any"

"it's a fun car to drive, and very functional if you have children and or pets, it is as good as it gets in terms of the latest high tech equipment, and the only reason we are selling it is because we have access to a company car."

Ford has made a mature car for real adults!

By on Monday, January 26, 2015

Pros: "roomy, plenty of power, decent milage"

Cons: "tow capacity could be greater"

"Ford has made a mature car for real adults!"

Interior space of an SUV, drives like a luxury car

By on Saturday, January 10, 2015

Pros: "Interior size, comfort, quietness, driveablity, sm"

Cons: "'rake lines'"

"So smooth, so quiet. Room for 7 adults. My brother-in-law is 6'7" and has plenty of leg room in the second row. Some people don't like the exterior looks, but I am yet to find a person who doesn't love it once they ride in it. Awesome vehicle. It was a little pricey, that is 9/10 on value. Not a big fan of the 'rake lines' on exterior, that is the 9/10 on Design: Interior & exterior. Warranty had to replace the lumbar support on driver seat and the heat actuator on passenger side over the last 3.5 years. That is my rating of 9/10 for quality. I would have no problem buying this vehicle again. If you are thinking of buying one, get it checked out by a certified mechanic. If the mechanic says it's good, I recommend you buy it. Great vehicle!"

Best vehicle I have ever owned.

By on Sunday, January 04, 2015

Pros: "Everything"

Cons: "not enough adjustment in the steering wheell"

"Lots of room, great ride, very comfortable"

I love the car; drives and performs as advertised

By on Saturday, November 22, 2014

Pros: "Great car, fun to drive, dependable"

Cons: "Needs handy place for note pad, pen, bus. cards."

"My vehicle is the 2011, Flex Limited. I bought the car for multiple reasons: its unique (appealing to me; not cookie cutter) appearance, ease of ingress and egress for my short wife and tall me (I'm 6' 4" tall), really spacious second row seating, and the roomy cargo area. With the 3.5 L Eco-boost engine we consistently get 17.5 mpg around town and 24.0 mpg on the highway, and I love the select shift 6 speed transmission; it's smooth and positive. The car is stable and straight on the highway with plenty of power, even when fully loaded. When making a quick pass be careful, as the downshift and acceleration are quick enough to throw your front seat passenger's beverage in the back seat; and the AWD - nearly 8" of wet snow, 10% grade, no problem. The navigation system is a little quirky, but the back up camera is the best. This package comes with the park assist, but this vehicle is so easy to parallel park, I've never used it. Yes, I will buy another. However, I would like an option to eliminate the third row seating; I have no use for it, and it just adds unnecessary weight. Also, with 20" wheels, clearance is limited so tire chains/cables are a no-no. The front seat leg room isn't bad, but for my height, a couple more inches would be helpful. I forgot to add the remote start to my package but I will next time. Overall, I'm very pleased with my Flex."

Downsized from Suburban-GREAT choice!

By on Tuesday, November 18, 2014

Pros: "Space, driveability, Like the look!"

Cons: "20 mpg, nothing else."

"Love the space all over-head room, leg room (even 3rd row), cargo space. Great driveability-smooth, eco-boost, quick pick up, back up cam. Gas mileage way better than Suburban-so pleased with 20mpg. Love leather, heated seats, interactive panel, bluetooth, voice command."

best car i have ever owned

By on Wednesday, November 05, 2014

Pros: "comfort comfort comfort"

Cons: "only get 21 mpg when not on road trip"

"this has been a wonderful car and if personal reasons did not make me trade it in i never would."

Roomy 2nd row seating, loads of cargo space

By on Tuesday, November 04, 2014

Pros: "great ride, priced right, meets my cargo needs"

Cons: "headrest too large to look around, gas not as good"

"The Flex rides great, holds to curves with complete control, has plenty of leg and head space, and when you let the 2nd & 3rd row seats down you can haul furniture on a moments notice when you find a sale! Our 3,000 mile, 2 week vacation of 4 in the car was extremely enjoyable. I can open the door and sit down without feeling like I'm falling into a hole like most cars because they are so low. The older you get the harder to crawl out of these new cars now days. Plan to replace this Flex with a new one some day soon. Not real crazy about the head rest being so big, makes it hard to look around when parking. Overall for the price, it offers a lot, and the size makes me feel safer especially with all the air bags."

Very good

By on Saturday, November 01, 2014

Pros: "retro-futuristic styling, size, comfort & power"

Cons: "gas mileage, 3rd seat lost space, useless Sync"

"Compliments and inquiries from other people.Most people never heard of the model and found it hard to believe that it is a Ford. Stunning in my red and white two-tone. Very comfortable to drive. Very much dislike that the 3rd seat does not fold flat or push forward - a whole lot of wasted space that way. The sync never worked right and a water leak from engine could not be acknowledged or fixed by the dealer under warranty. I will buy a new 2015 Flex again IF BUT ONLY IF they come out with an engine like a diesel that improves the miles per gallon. If they stick with the same engine I will take my business elsewhere."

wifes work car low miles leather seats very nice

By on Wednesday, October 08, 2014

Pros: "great travel car roomy comfortable love the sync"

Cons: "larger car for family"

"great car for travel and comfort. Love the heated seats in the winter, great to haul the stuff.love the auto back door"

Best Car I've ever had!

By on Friday, September 26, 2014

Pros: "Very reliable and comfortable and easy to drive."

"This is the second Flex I have owned. I have loved both. Had to convince my husband on the first one, then he loved it. Great vehicle for long trips. Very comfortable to ride and drive. Can't say enough about the Ford Flex!"

Love this car.. Best Ford product ever owned..

By on Friday, September 26, 2014

Pros: "Great utility, comfort, and reliability.."

Cons: "Key ignition needs to be lit up and better placed."

"This car has been service free except for the brakes which were an early repair done by Ford.. Everything else has been normal servicing.."

Quality flaws kill what it could be.

By on Friday, September 26, 2014

Pros: "Performance and Comfort"

Cons: "Horrible quality. Everything is breaking."

"We purchased this car to get my wife out of a minivan. It had the same room, but better handling and performance all around. With the Eco-Boost motor, it was hard to beat the performance with any other large SUV-type vehicle and with a lower ride height and all-wheel drive, the drivability was fantastic. It wasn't long before stuff started breaking however. It started with a few random squeaks and small handles breaking. The brakes and shocks went early. I have now had significant transmission problems as well as other random, stupid quality stuff like the coolant reservoir cracking, the leather on the driver's seat cracking and the folding mechanism on the rear seats breaking. I have never had such quality problems before. I have an Audi with 120,000 miles on in and no serious drivetrain or quality issues whatsoever. I real, really wanted to love this car since it appeared to be exactly what we wanted. But unfortunately, the quality issues have made me decide to never buy another Ford product."

Looks quirky but a great car/truck/SUV

By on Thursday, September 18, 2014

"This has been a very reliable and comfortable car. It is a SUV disguised as a car because of it's car chassis. It is the only car that we have owned that has caused people in parking lots to ask "what is that, how do you like it?" I have never put much more than 100,000 miles on a car. Our Flex has 154,000 miles on it and runs like new with no rattles. Not ready to trade it yet."

They'll have to pry it from my dead hands! LOVE IT

By on Saturday, September 06, 2014

Pros: "Awesome family car!"

Cons: "Expensive BUT WORTH IT, as value has HELD!"

"This IS a SWEET RIDE! CLASSY! Interior with woodgrain dash and interior trims, Steel blue color with silver roof trim goes fabulously with chrome accents. Don't know why we never see our color out there! Family of 4 tall people (5'9" - 6'5") fit so comfortably for long (10+hrs) vacation travel, and there's room for a med. sized dog!! Reliability has been excellent mechanically but Sync has had some issues recently. She handles beautifully even in areas where a sharp U turn is needed to access highway. Just because she's big, does not make it scary to handle, as the turning radius is surprisingly smaller than you think AND manueverability is smooth. Tires don't last as long as on my van (prev. vehicle) but that's due to the type of tire (softer) that comes in the needed size. Visibility is exceptional. FLEXibility for use of interior is incredible and easy to do, even tho this yr didn't have electric flip option for 3rd seat. AC/heat in 3 zones easily keeps everyone happy. We especially like the ceiling vents to provide xtra air flow for dog and restrict it for passenger seats. I have had her for almost 5 years now, and I STILL SAY " I LOVE MY NEW CAR!" (not impressed with changes made on newer models esp 2014 = cheapened interior horribly)"

I love my FLex

By on Friday, August 15, 2014

"It has been a great car. For the price, all the space inside is great."

LOVE IT

By on Friday, August 15, 2014

Pros: "easy and fun to drive, peppy engine"

Cons: "fuel economy"

"Its wonderful, dives like a car, but holds cargo like a minivan. We used to own a minivan and needed something we could tow with and the flex was perfect. The kids can get in and out easily even from the third row. The fuel economy is not impressive (i have heard it got better in later years). I would buy it all over again! Engine is peppy and towing does not make it feel under powered."

I love this car!

By on Tuesday, August 05, 2014

Pros: "comfort and safety"

"This car is the best car I have ever owned. It is roomy and very comfortable. It handles amazingly in the Ohio winters.It is pretty and handles like a dream!"

Best car ever owned

By on Sunday, August 03, 2014

Pros: "Comfort and safety and room to spare."

Cons: "No cons"

"This is the best car I've owned and I've owned 13 new Mercedes and better. Rides like a luxury car, lots of room ... videos for my grandkids... decent mileage... great look... plenty of leg and head room... nav system works well... music is like a concert hall... love this car."

Best family vehicle ever!

By on Monday, July 28, 2014

Pros: "Fun to drive, great looking, family friendly"

Cons: "Center console is smaller, 3rd row up = less trunk"

"I love my 2011 Ford Flex. It has approximately 60k miles on it and is a great vehicle. It is very reliable and comfortable, I'd love to drive it across the country if gas prices would go down. It gets 17 city/24 highway. Its been a great vehicle for my small family (my husband, my 2 year old and myself) but really comes in hand when we have others joining us. It has a 3rd row option that I can lay down and use as a HUGE trunk. It fits all of our baby stuff and she is entertained on long drives watching her Mickey Mouse Clubhouse on the DVD system. It has a great stock sound system as well when I feel like bumping in my Flex. Ford has really stepped up their game with this vehicle. It beats owning a Minivan and has outdone any wagon on the market. My flex handles very well on both city streets and California highways. Its a smooth ride unlike most SUVs and trucks. If you are thinking of buying a Ford Flex I would say definitely do it. Its my favorite vehicle I've owned by far!"

this is the best vehile I have ever owned

By on Thursday, July 24, 2014

Pros: "lots of room, great ride and love to drive"

"I have owed this vehicle for 5 years and still am in love with it. We use it a lot to travel. Very comfortable and lots of room. I even lay the back seats down and climb in the back to sleep. Everyone that gets in it loves it. From my friends in their early 40's to my elder grandfather whom is 83."