2013 Ford Flex

Based on 208 Ratings for the 2009 - 2015 models.

Love this Vehicle!!!!

By on Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Pros: "Fun to drive, Sharp Looking, spacious"

Cons: "Tires were more expensive"

"We bought this car at higher mileage and still has been the best vehicle I have EVER owned! I have 3 kids but I also work in a job that I shuttle a lot of women around. I can comfortable fit 7 adults in the vehicle and looks so much better than a minivan! I have even laid seats down and fit a twin mattress and boxsprings and threw another 3 Queen mattresses on top of the car. Kids love Lexie (Car's name) even my teenager and that's hard to believe I know. I reminds me of an old Calif. Woody Car. Have a friend who works for a funeral home and since my car is all black he even joked that they could steal it and make it into a hearse since there is enough room. I have the low end version and just wish XM lasted longer and had the little plastic pieces on inside of door handle pop off but that's it! Although I am still looking for the fuse box. The owners manual is very vague. Had a nail in my tire last week and even though it didn't look low at all the low tire pressure alarm came on and we got it fixed."

Wish I had bought something else!!

By on Tuesday, November 06, 2012

Pros: "Rides nice on highway sun roof & power seats"

Cons: "MPG, brakes, electronics"

"I bought a 2012 SEL AWD with every option except navigation and DVD. The second day I owned the car the warning lights lit up the dash like a Christmas tree. It had to be removed to the dealer by flatbed and I had to wait almost a week for parts to come in. Since then the brakes have continued to shudder and make noise and now the acceleration seems to be slow to respond. Very unhappy with the decreasing gas mileage. It rides nicely on the highway and looks nice, too - but I expected more from a $40k automobile."

Best vehicle ever!

By on Saturday, September 29, 2012

Pros: "comfort safety and MPGs"

Cons: "can't find one yet...I could do w/out a payment :)"

"I have been driving my Flex for 4 years now. I still love this vehicle. Who can get 21 MPG with mixed city and highway driving in a big rig that can haul 7 passangers? Mine can! I have been noticing some brake noise occassionally. All checks out well. I finally had to replace the tires.....yikes 800.00. The leather/interior has held up well. The exterior has held up pretty well. No problems with reliability. Comfortable and safe ride. I was in a major accident awhile back and I came out without a scratch. The car was not driveable at the time and it held me safe. Definitly the type of car a family should ride in. Love it!"

Definitely a Family Car!!

By on Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Pros: "Roomy and fun to drive"

Cons: "gas mileage, terrible traction & clearance in snow"

"This car is great for a family of 3 boys and all of their sports equipment!! Love the room and ease of access to the 3rd row!! What's not so great!! 1) Clearance -> with the snow we've had in MI this year - we have gotten stuck a lot!! 2) ->Front wheel drive in the snow!! Horrible traction and can't make it up the slightest incline!!! Lastly -> Gas mileage stinks!! We do a lot of travelling and I'd say at best 16 mpg - with good tires and regular oil changes!!"

What is this thing? (Besides awesome)

By on Monday, November 04, 2013

Pros: "Safety features, drivetrain, fast smooth and quiet"

Cons: "So-so fit and finish, lack of curb-tilt mirrors"

"I have about 9000 miles on my 2013 Flex Limited AWD, grey with platinum package and all the options, and I have loved every mile of it. For two decades I drove pickups, SUVs and minivans, always top trim levels. So the Flex is my first "car" in years. The Flex is fairly luxurious and the technology features are cool. Not sure what it is though; is it a car, a crossover or what? I do think its kinda odd looking so I call it my Funky Family Wagon. Aside from a single fit and finish issue (which our local dealer has not managed to fully fix), the Flex has been perfect. It is quiet, smooth and FAST. Quick off the line, awesome passing power and thankfully speed limited at 123 mph. I run the twin turbo on premium, and get 17.6 mpg overall, up to 23 on the highway, and I achieve that mileage while making full use of the accelerator. I live in hilly country with winding roads and the handling is very good for a large vehicle. The Parking assist has parked me in places I never would have tried, and the back-up safety features are great in crowded parking lots. The active curve control has kept me on the road occasionally and the collision avoidance is useful- especially if you drive like me (which I do not recommend). I do highly recommend the active cruise control, which we have on two of our other vehicles (2011 Acura MDX and 2012 Toyota Sienna). The Flex is my favorite of the three. Its great for dropping the kids safely at school and then inviting speeding tickets and deer collisions as I drive it to work...or wherever it takes me next."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Ford Flex near Honolulu. See local deals