• 2014 Compact SUVs

2013 Ford Flex Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $29,403 - $30,172.

10/7.8

Based on 163 Ratings for the 2009 - 2014 models.

Reviews Displayed:  5 | 10 | 25

Best vehicle ever!

By on Saturday, September 29, 2012

Pros: "comfort safety and MPGs"

Cons: "can't find one yet...I could do w/out a payment :)"

"I have been driving my Flex for 4 years now. I still love this vehicle. Who can get 21 MPG with mixed city and highway driving in a big rig that can haul 7 passangers? Mine can! I have been noticing some brake noise occassionally. All checks out well. I finally had to replace the tires.....yikes 800.00. The leather/interior has held up well. The exterior has held up pretty well. No problems with reliability. Comfortable and safe ride. I was in a major accident awhile back and I came out without a scratch. The car was not driveable at the time and it held me safe. Definitly the type of car a family should ride in. Love it!"

Definitely a Family Car!!

By on Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Pros: "Roomy and fun to drive"

Cons: "gas mileage, terrible traction & clearance in snow"

"This car is great for a family of 3 boys and all of their sports equipment!! Love the room and ease of access to the 3rd row!! What's not so great!! 1) Clearance -> with the snow we've had in MI this year - we have gotten stuck a lot!! 2) ->Front wheel drive in the snow!! Horrible traction and can't make it up the slightest incline!!! Lastly -> Gas mileage stinks!! We do a lot of travelling and I'd say at best 16 mpg - with good tires and regular oil changes!!"

What is this thing? (Besides awesome)

By on Monday, November 04, 2013

Pros: "Safety features, drivetrain, fast smooth and quiet"

Cons: "So-so fit and finish, lack of curb-tilt mirrors"

"I have about 9000 miles on my 2013 Flex Limited AWD, grey with platinum package and all the options, and I have loved every mile of it. For two decades I drove pickups, SUVs and minivans, always top trim levels. So the Flex is my first "car" in years. The Flex is fairly luxurious and the technology features are cool. Not sure what it is though; is it a car, a crossover or what? I do think its kinda odd looking so I call it my Funky Family Wagon. Aside from a single fit and finish issue (which our local dealer has not managed to fully fix), the Flex has been perfect. It is quiet, smooth and FAST. Quick off the line, awesome passing power and thankfully speed limited at 123 mph. I run the twin turbo on premium, and get 17.6 mpg overall, up to 23 on the highway, and I achieve that mileage while making full use of the accelerator. I live in hilly country with winding roads and the handling is very good for a large vehicle. The Parking assist has parked me in places I never would have tried, and the back-up safety features are great in crowded parking lots. The active curve control has kept me on the road occasionally and the collision avoidance is useful- especially if you drive like me (which I do not recommend). I do highly recommend the active cruise control, which we have on two of our other vehicles (2011 Acura MDX and 2012 Toyota Sienna). The Flex is my favorite of the three. Its great for dropping the kids safely at school and then inviting speeding tickets and deer collisions as I drive it to work...or wherever it takes me next."

GREAT GREAT GREAT!!!!

By on Friday, June 24, 2011

Pros: "Just Great all around quality and handling"

Cons: "wish we would have known the titanium edition was coming out"

"Completely the best car we have ever owned and we have had alot!. Test drive all 3rd row vehicles drove and comfort was the best. My 6'2" friend feels comfortable in 3rd row."

Awesome to drive and coolest crossver ever.

By on Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Pros: "Unique looks and comfort, the right motor and room"

Cons: "Some fit and finish items seem an afterthought."

"I find it difficult to believe the KBB rating compared to the driver ratings. It's a matter of taste and long term driving. The Flex always gets a double take and everyone who has seen it loves it. No, they are not just being polite. It drives very comfortably, road noise is minimal and acceleration is responsive. I find I can keep my speed in most turns on the freeway. For hot rods, there is the Ecoboost. We have the Limited so it comes pretty well loaded and the longer you own it the less you need to use the screen. The Infomatics have been criticized in the past but whatever it was, it works on ours. There is legroom in every seat, even the ones in the very back. You won't find that everywhere. It's got so much room that no one rides uncomfortably. I love the multiple sunroofs and the air bags in the rear seat-belts. If you are deciding, go drive one and enjoy!"

Reviews Displayed:  5 | 10 | 25