• 2014 Compact SUVs

2013 Ford Flex Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $29,403 - $30,172.

10/7.8

Based on 163 Ratings for the 2009 - 2014 models.

Reviews Displayed:  5 | 10 | 25

Great Value

By on Tuesday, January 11, 2011

"This car is definitely a love or hate car, but for those who like a boxy looking car, no need to look elsewhere. This car has everything you would ever want in a crossover. It has a ton of room in both the front and middle rows, and even has an acceptable amount of room in the 3rd row. The seats are extremely comfortable and stylish, the interior is second-to-none, and the car is well-rounded. We've been on 3 300 mile+ trips in it and I can't tell you how nice this car is to have for traveling. It is slightly underpowered for those of you seeking a soccer mom car with some extra kick for the husband, but it definitely gets the job done for quick acceleration on the highway. As far as it's overall quality, we bought our SEL used with about 27000 miles and it was in absolutely brand new condition. The materials used to build this car seem to be very high quality, and it doesn't show wear and tear. Although we've only had ours about 7 months, we are very happy with how it's held up under the conditions we've put it through, and I'm currently very happy with how it does in the snow (for a front wheel drive vehicle with no snow tires). We've had 4+ inches on all the roads and it seems to glide right through it with little to no slipping, and when the wheels do spin, the traction control takes over immediately. The only major problem I have with this car is the massive amount of torque-steer it has. When you floor it, the steering wheel makes you work to keep it straight. Other than that, this car is a must-have for those seeking a stylish, comfortable, usable family car to take trips, drive the kids to practice, or have a night out on the town."

We love it!!!

By on Sunday, February 16, 2014

Pros: "Fun to drive and very comfortable"

"We purchased our 2009 Ford Flex January of 2010. We currently have 117000 miles on our Flex and it has been all over the country. Drives good, handles good, looks good and the best thing is we have had no problems at all. Would buy another one no question."

my ford flex

By on Friday, December 28, 2012

Pros: "price/size"

Cons: "lack of rear opening windows"

"I have the flex after downsizing from an e350 15 passenger van. Yes big family with plenty of friends. I didn't want a huge SUV. I needed the seating- 7 minimum, and it easily seats 7 adults. I can even fit 3 hockeybags with all the seats filled. I wanted something with no blind spots- this is it. I do wish I was higher off the ground, but I don't feel like I'm sitting on the ground like in some others cars. I wish the rear had windows which opened for the puppies but the vents work well for them. The rear seat does fold down flat but not into the floor snug enough, it's bouncy- lost space. I like what I have so far and would easily recommend the flex."

Love this Vehicle!!!!

By on Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Pros: "Fun to drive, Sharp Looking, spacious"

Cons: "Tires were more expensive"

"We bought this car at higher mileage and still has been the best vehicle I have EVER owned! I have 3 kids but I also work in a job that I shuttle a lot of women around. I can comfortable fit 7 adults in the vehicle and looks so much better than a minivan! I have even laid seats down and fit a twin mattress and boxsprings and threw another 3 Queen mattresses on top of the car. Kids love Lexie (Car's name) even my teenager and that's hard to believe I know. I reminds me of an old Calif. Woody Car. Have a friend who works for a funeral home and since my car is all black he even joked that they could steal it and make it into a hearse since there is enough room. I have the low end version and just wish XM lasted longer and had the little plastic pieces on inside of door handle pop off but that's it! Although I am still looking for the fuse box. The owners manual is very vague. Had a nail in my tire last week and even though it didn't look low at all the low tire pressure alarm came on and we got it fixed."

Wish I had bought something else!!

By on Tuesday, November 06, 2012

Pros: "Rides nice on highway sun roof & power seats"

Cons: "MPG, brakes, electronics"

"I bought a 2012 SEL AWD with every option except navigation and DVD. The second day I owned the car the warning lights lit up the dash like a Christmas tree. It had to be removed to the dealer by flatbed and I had to wait almost a week for parts to come in. Since then the brakes have continued to shudder and make noise and now the acceleration seems to be slow to respond. Very unhappy with the decreasing gas mileage. It rides nicely on the highway and looks nice, too - but I expected more from a $40k automobile."

Reviews Displayed:  5 | 10 | 25