2012 Ford Flex

Based on 192 Ratings for the 2009 - 2015 models.

I love the car; drives and performs as advertised

By on Saturday, November 22, 2014

Pros: "Great car, fun to drive, dependable"

Cons: "Needs handy place for note pad, pen, bus. cards."

"My vehicle is the 2011, Flex Limited. I bought the car for multiple reasons: its unique (appealing to me; not cookie cutter) appearance, ease of ingress and egress for my short wife and tall me (I'm 6' 4" tall), really spacious second row seating, and the roomy cargo area. With the 3.5 L Eco-boost engine we consistently get 17.5 mpg around town and 24.0 mpg on the highway, and I love the select shift 6 speed transmission; it's smooth and positive. The car is stable and straight on the highway with plenty of power, even when fully loaded. When making a quick pass be careful, as the downshift and acceleration are quick enough to throw your front seat passenger's beverage in the back seat; and the AWD - nearly 8" of wet snow, 10% grade, no problem. The navigation system is a little quirky, but the back up camera is the best. This package comes with the park assist, but this vehicle is so easy to parallel park, I've never used it. Yes, I will buy another. However, I would like an option to eliminate the third row seating; I have no use for it, and it just adds unnecessary weight. Also, with 20" wheels, clearance is limited so tire chains/cables are a no-no. The front seat leg room isn't bad, but for my height, a couple more inches would be helpful. I forgot to add the remote start to my package but I will next time. Overall, I'm very pleased with my Flex."

Downsized from Suburban-GREAT choice!

By on Tuesday, November 18, 2014

Pros: "Space, driveability, Like the look!"

Cons: "20 mpg, nothing else."

"Love the space all over-head room, leg room (even 3rd row), cargo space. Great driveability-smooth, eco-boost, quick pick up, back up cam. Gas mileage way better than Suburban-so pleased with 20mpg. Love leather, heated seats, interactive panel, bluetooth, voice command."

best car i have ever owned

By on Wednesday, November 05, 2014

Pros: "comfort comfort comfort"

Cons: "only get 21 mpg when not on road trip"

"this has been a wonderful car and if personal reasons did not make me trade it in i never would."

Roomy 2nd row seating, loads of cargo space

By on Tuesday, November 04, 2014

Pros: "great ride, priced right, meets my cargo needs"

Cons: "headrest too large to look around, gas not as good"

"The Flex rides great, holds to curves with complete control, has plenty of leg and head space, and when you let the 2nd & 3rd row seats down you can haul furniture on a moments notice when you find a sale! Our 3,000 mile, 2 week vacation of 4 in the car was extremely enjoyable. I can open the door and sit down without feeling like I'm falling into a hole like most cars because they are so low. The older you get the harder to crawl out of these new cars now days. Plan to replace this Flex with a new one some day soon. Not real crazy about the head rest being so big, makes it hard to look around when parking. Overall for the price, it offers a lot, and the size makes me feel safer especially with all the air bags."

Very good

By on Saturday, November 01, 2014

Pros: "retro-futuristic styling, size, comfort & power"

Cons: "gas mileage, 3rd seat lost space, useless Sync"

"Compliments and inquiries from other people.Most people never heard of the model and found it hard to believe that it is a Ford. Stunning in my red and white two-tone. Very comfortable to drive. Very much dislike that the 3rd seat does not fold flat or push forward - a whole lot of wasted space that way. The sync never worked right and a water leak from engine could not be acknowledged or fixed by the dealer under warranty. I will buy a new 2015 Flex again IF BUT ONLY IF they come out with an engine like a diesel that improves the miles per gallon. If they stick with the same engine I will take my business elsewhere."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Ford Flex near Honolulu. See local deals