• 2014 Compact SUV Buyer's Guide

2011 Ford Flex

Based on 176 Ratings for the 2009 - 2014 models.

this is the best vehile I have ever owned

By on Thursday, July 24, 2014

Pros: "lots of room, great ride and love to drive"

"I have owed this vehicle for 5 years and still am in love with it. We use it a lot to travel. Very comfortable and lots of room. I even lay the back seats down and climb in the back to sleep. Everyone that gets in it loves it. From my friends in their early 40's to my elder grandfather whom is 83."

New family truckster

By on Thursday, July 24, 2014

"I have put over 37k on this car in 19 months. I drive the 20" tires (Eagle RS-As) off this thing for the daily commute and for family vacations. It keeps the young 'un occupied with the built in DVDs, satellite radio, and spacious interior to keep all the stuff within reach. It has all the performance most will ever need with the 355hp EB and AWD. Gets 17-19 on daily commute and will see 21-23 on the long trips depending on the speed. Funny, it gets better mileage closer to 80 than 70-must be where the power curve is most efficient. Taken myself, my wife, my 8 year old, wife's sister and husband and daugher in an infant seat more than 200 miles for a funeral in the snow and no complaints for room or temperature with dual zone climate control. Been dead nuts reliable except for a sheet metal screw in a tire during the polar vortex. Did not get the MyFord Touch in it but enjoy the Sync set up for the iPod or iPhone. With 12 and 120 volt power outlets you can power or recharge anything. I've driven Fords since 1986 and this is one that I recommend over and over and is my favorite of all."

Comfortable and reliable. No headaches.

By on Friday, July 11, 2014

"I have taken trips to Tennesse, Florida, Maryland, etc. Fuel mileage has been slightly lower than anticipated. However, the comfort and room this vehicles provides more than makes up for it. Low maintenance, efficient, plan for new one to be the replacement for it."

10k ON THE ODOMETER AND ITS BEEN FLAWLESS.

By on Monday, July 07, 2014

Pros: "practical, solid, dependable, affordable"

Cons: "noisy drive with windows down at Hwy speeds"

"People always ask what it is and if I like it, some mistake it for a Range Rover Mileage is a solid 25 MPG on the highwas at 70 mph or less, mixed around town is about 22 mpg Adaptive cruise control make highway driving a pleasure. It's a must have Self parallel parking system is cool but never used Didn't think I'd like the auto hydrolic rear hatch but find it very convenient. Same for the AC in the front seats thought it was odd at first but after the first 90 degree day I was a convert. Low compression engine with front wheel drive has more than enough torque and pickup for most unless you want to spend $1500 for twin turbo which uses premium gas and get lower mileage Handling and ride is great with tow package/ anti-sway no - SUV/minivan porpoising, not quite my BMW 7 but close. Drives smaller than it looks Interior is clean and functional, rear passenger's luv the 2 buckets which have heat and seporate climate control for the back row and skylights above all rows Driver seating is very comfortable for 6'3" but vertical and transverse engine limits stretchout legroom Sunroof / Panoramic roof makes the whole truck light and airy front to back.... this should be offered with lower trim levels, can only add if you have virtuall evey other option. Active road sensing technology is very helpful and gets you spoiled when you drive acar without it Synch is solid technology but can be quircky intermittantly Lots of airbags and very good safety rating... spend the $190 for the rear passenger seatbelt airbags"

Love this car!

By on Sunday, July 06, 2014

Pros: "Great car all around"

Cons: "Seats might be a little more "cushy""

"I have owned over 80 vehicles in my life and this is one of the most adaptable cars I have ever owned. It has about everything. Handles reasonably, comfortable to drive, can carry just about anything up to a small horse and gets pretty fair mileage to boot. We have towed small trailers with it and have used the Flex as a dinghy behind our motorhome. It has more electronics than the Space Shuttle and they all work very well. I have people walk up to me in parking lots and ask lots of questions about it. How many other production cars get that? I'd buy another in a minute."

By on Saturday, June 14, 2014

"Excellent car, rideis great, comfortable. Is a joy to drive. Very quiet interior."

Our Best Vehicle Ever

By on Thursday, June 05, 2014

Pros: "Reliable, fun to drive, great price, many extras"

Cons: "None - period"

"Satisfied from start to present time"

comfy and roomy seats but not much else

By on Tuesday, June 03, 2014

Pros: "comfy, spacious, flexible seating"

Cons: "small gas tank, touch controls, DVD, poor keypad"

"This offered, I thought better gas mileage than the old van but, NO. I only avg 19MPG. In fact, took a 3000 mile trip and only averaged 19 MPG all highway miles, driving at 72MPH with my cruise on. My 2007 van got better than this. Ford should be ashamed for not getting better gas mileage for a similar sized vehicle 7 years newer! Also, I have to stop every 300 miles to gas up - the tank is ridiculously small for a mom's taxi. I'm always on empty and looking for the next gas station, I feel. Lots of wind noise. Touch controls are a pain - a lot of touching and scrolling (while driving) to do a simple adjustment of the temperature or radio. The navigation won't allow setting when driving so even the passenger can't enter a destination while the car's in drive. It won't even work when stopped, it has to be in park! The only way to do it while driving is by voice command which is never able to hear me correctly and takes an agonizing amount of time and yelling to do. The technology is old - it's like using the first generation GPS units we had 5 years ago. The Built-in DVD player which was a $2000 option, doesn't even play sound through the car's speakers! The kids have to use headphones. The keyless entry pad malfunctioned within 14 days of purchasing the car and I had to call a tow truck to break into my new car. Ford acknowledges they have a problem with these pads. The dealer kept my car for 5 days to replace it. It's still a pain - the keys are very insensitive and I have to hold them for longer than should be necessary. Also, if you try and leave your keys in the car, which is why I have the keyless pad option to begin with, it UNLOCKS after you walk away from the car. It took me a month to realize that I had to lock it, wait for it to unlock and lock it again anytime I want to leave my keys in the car. The car doesn't handle well - it floats and responds slowly. It doesn't accelerate very fast either. I regret this purchase and I've only had it 3 months."

Amazing Vehicle

By on Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Pros: "THEY RIDE SO SMOOTH AND THEY SIT AMAZING"

Cons: "N/A"

"CAR RIDES LIKE A DREAM. WE NEEDED A CAR DUE TO BACK PROBLEMS THIS IS THE ONLY VEHICLE WE SAT IN THAT GIVES U THE RIGHT SUPPORT. HEATED SEATS ARE WONDERFUL IN THE WINTER. REAL FAMILY CAR!!!! DEFINITELY WOULD BUY ANOTHER FLEX. MY DAUGHTER AND SON-INLAW JUST WENT OUT AN BOUGHT A NEW ONE THEY LIKED OURS SO WELL. GREAT VEHICLE."

great vehicle

By on Sunday, May 04, 2014

Pros: "towing and roomy"

Cons: "heater and a/c sometime does not blow air"

"Great vehicle i tow my boat all over the state to go fishing and not a problem when towing."

Wonderful car. Blind spots and bad fuel economy.

By on Thursday, May 01, 2014

Pros: "Roomy and luxurious. Handles well."

Cons: "Fuel economy and blindspots"

"Would buy another Ford. Loved all the amenities this car offers. Keyless entry a favorite. Cooler console a waste. Gas mileage only 13/14 around town, and barely 20 hwy. Very cool car. Handles well at higher speeds on highway...hills and curves good performance. Blind spot to be aware of. Not comfortable letting my kids, as newer drivers, drive it a lot."

Great Car...

By on Saturday, April 26, 2014

Pros: "The retro look"

Cons: "Body Flex"

"Great car. Ford worked hard on this one and it shows. I have owned the car for less than a year and it has never let me down. The car is quite and a pleasure to drive. There are a couple of items that concerns me. The first is the body flex. The second is the transmission. If you park on a slope the body will flex and not allow the rear tailgate to open. I had parked on a small hill and tried to get my dog out of the back and it wouldn't open. It tried, but in the end I had to move the car to open the tailgate. I feel if the body was on a frame this would make it more solid and not experience the body flex. It is a large car with significant weight to it. The transmission does seem to be sluggish and sometimes seems to have problems shifting. If you are in heavy traffic the transmission will have a hard shift when coasting. There is also a problem if you lift from the accelerator the transmission downshifts and when you push on the accelerator to go it wants to start back in first gear again. I have had it checked and everything is as it should be. We will see on this one. Overall a great car."

Great road car, wonderful looks.

By on Monday, April 21, 2014

I own this car

Pros: "Stlye roomly, great ride and fun to drive."

Cons: "Not the best gas milege, Climate needs work."

"My 2013 Flex is my second car of this series and I love it. This car brings back memories of my parents station Wagon of the 70's. It has a lot of room and can be used in many settings. I can wear my cowboy hat with room to spare. When all seats are lowered I can fit an queen size air mag in it. You can drive it across the nation with out being tired out as in smaller cars. I love the shape and it is loaded with wonderful features that are safe and useful. I recommend this car to anyone. I hope that Ford keep building this wonderful car."

LOVE THE VEHICLE DRIVES GOOD AND IS DEPENDABLE,

By on Wednesday, April 16, 2014

"original owner excellent condition well maintained color white cloth seats tan"

best vehicle ever

By on Monday, April 14, 2014

Pros: "none"

Cons: "sync"

"love the flex everything about it is great"

best vehicle ever

By on Monday, April 14, 2014

Pros: "none"

Cons: "sync"

"love the flex everything about it is great"

Awesome vehicle

By on Saturday, April 12, 2014

Pros: "Drives great, lots of room, good on gas"

Cons: "Food pedals a little close together"

"Love my ford flex. Drives good, rides good lots of room! Unique styling stands out from norm which I love!"

Awesome vehicle

By on Saturday, April 12, 2014

Pros: "Drives great, lots of room, good on gas"

Cons: "Food pedals a little close together"

Can't Ask For More

By on Thursday, April 10, 2014

Pros: "Love everything about my Ford Flex Limited!"

Cons: "20" tire prices"

"I purchased my 2009 Ford Flex Limited after looking at several other luxury model SUVs. This car feels very safe. Low enough to the ground that i don't have to lift my small children into it. It has four heated bucket seats, two tv's, two DVD players, a fridge/freezer, remote start, dual moon roofs, AWD....the feature are endless. No mechanical issues. Only complaint is the cost to replace the 20" wheels. Couldn't ask for a better vehicle. I am already saving up to buy another Flex."

Great car, until the engine died

By on Saturday, March 29, 2014

Reason: Engine Blown

Pros: "Awesome to drive, feels sturdy and safe."

Cons: "Get the water pump checked regularly."

"I bought a 2009 Limited with 53000 miles on it. I was able to drive it for 55000 then the water pump went out and it cracked the block. I will say, those were the best 55000 miles I've ever driven. Completely comfortable, quiet, smooth driving. What I liked most about it was the room, the features and the originality. It feels good to own and drive. It also feels safe when you have your family in it. The blown engine symptoms were a slow chugging and then eventually a loss of all engine power and a sputter out. I'd recommend getting the water pump checked at 90-100k to help avoid this happening to you. I'll miss it, but I was able to sell it and buy a 2014. We'll see how the new one matches up. I'll also be making the just in case appointment when I reach 90k."

Great car but awful on tires and brakes

By on Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Pros: "Size, comfortable, smooth ride"

Cons: "gas mileage, wear of tires and brakes"

"Overall I have enjoyed my FLEX. It is great for large groups of people and lots of luggage. However, I am on my 3rd set of tires and 3rd set of brakes. I did have a problem about a year ago whereby I had to replace spark plug and coils because the car was "kicking" and not shifting properly. It ended I actually had to replace phazers in the powertrain too. I am having a similar problem right now, but the dealer could not feel it. Besides those issues the car has been great and ideal for a hockey/horse back riding family. Gas mileage is a little disappointing as well.It averages around 19mpg."

One size fits All

By on Friday, March 21, 2014

"I own a 2010 Flex Se with almost 50,000 miles white. I love this vehicle , I am from Michigan and made it through this 2013/2014 unforgettable winter. There hasn't been anything I haven't fit yet inside from both dryer and washer to 2 adults, 2 kids and 2 clockers spaniels trip to the smoky mountains Tennessee. Great recreational car. I will decently keep this was as a winter beater :). Looking forward to the Mustang 2015 . I m a male driver by the way"

Definitely a Family Car!!

By on Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Pros: "Roomy and fun to drive"

Cons: "gas mileage, terrible traction & clearance in snow"

"This car is great for a family of 3 boys and all of their sports equipment!! Love the room and ease of access to the 3rd row!! What's not so great!! 1) Clearance -> with the snow we've had in MI this year - we have gotten stuck a lot!! 2) ->Front wheel drive in the snow!! Horrible traction and can't make it up the slightest incline!!! Lastly -> Gas mileage stinks!! We do a lot of travelling and I'd say at best 16 mpg - with good tires and regular oil changes!!"

Great all around vehicle. Room for Grandkids!

By on Sunday, March 09, 2014

Pros: "Fun to drive. Has it's own look. Roomy."

Cons: "Might be more vehicle than some need."

"Have had vehicle almost a year and a half. So far it runs smooth and is very comfortable. A lot of vehicle for the money. Insurance rates are very good on these too! A larger vehicle but not overly so. Sits up some but not so much that it's a problem getting in or out of. Gas mileage is good for this size vehicle. Like 15/16 in town and 21/22 on the rode. I'd rather under estimate it as most tend to over state it. Great if you have grandkids or travel with 4-6 people. The parking sensors in the rear are a big plus. Especially for those getting older or less flexible such as yours truly.(:"

We are in love with our 2009 ford flex

By on Thursday, March 06, 2014

Pros: "Awesome car"

Cons: "Exterior styling"

"A build in refrigerater heated and cooled front seats these are just a fue things the ford flex has to offer and I am buying a 2014 tomarow with inflatebal rear saftey belts"

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Ford Flex near Honolulu. See local deals
See if you qualify for