2010 Ford Flex

Based on 208 Ratings for the 2009 - 2015 models.

Love this Vehicle!!!!

By on Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Pros: "Fun to drive, Sharp Looking, spacious"

Cons: "Tires were more expensive"

"We bought this car at higher mileage and still has been the best vehicle I have EVER owned! I have 3 kids but I also work in a job that I shuttle a lot of women around. I can comfortable fit 7 adults in the vehicle and looks so much better than a minivan! I have even laid seats down and fit a twin mattress and boxsprings and threw another 3 Queen mattresses on top of the car. Kids love Lexie (Car's name) even my teenager and that's hard to believe I know. I reminds me of an old Calif. Woody Car. Have a friend who works for a funeral home and since my car is all black he even joked that they could steal it and make it into a hearse since there is enough room. I have the low end version and just wish XM lasted longer and had the little plastic pieces on inside of door handle pop off but that's it! Although I am still looking for the fuse box. The owners manual is very vague. Had a nail in my tire last week and even though it didn't look low at all the low tire pressure alarm came on and we got it fixed."

Wish I had bought something else!!

By on Tuesday, November 06, 2012

Pros: "Rides nice on highway sun roof & power seats"

Cons: "MPG, brakes, electronics"

"I bought a 2012 SEL AWD with every option except navigation and DVD. The second day I owned the car the warning lights lit up the dash like a Christmas tree. It had to be removed to the dealer by flatbed and I had to wait almost a week for parts to come in. Since then the brakes have continued to shudder and make noise and now the acceleration seems to be slow to respond. Very unhappy with the decreasing gas mileage. It rides nicely on the highway and looks nice, too - but I expected more from a $40k automobile."

Best vehicle ever!

By on Saturday, September 29, 2012

Pros: "comfort safety and MPGs"

Cons: "can't find one yet...I could do w/out a payment :)"

"I have been driving my Flex for 4 years now. I still love this vehicle. Who can get 21 MPG with mixed city and highway driving in a big rig that can haul 7 passangers? Mine can! I have been noticing some brake noise occassionally. All checks out well. I finally had to replace the tires.....yikes 800.00. The leather/interior has held up well. The exterior has held up pretty well. No problems with reliability. Comfortable and safe ride. I was in a major accident awhile back and I came out without a scratch. The car was not driveable at the time and it held me safe. Definitly the type of car a family should ride in. Love it!"

Definitely a Family Car!!

By on Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Pros: "Roomy and fun to drive"

Cons: "gas mileage, terrible traction & clearance in snow"

"This car is great for a family of 3 boys and all of their sports equipment!! Love the room and ease of access to the 3rd row!! What's not so great!! 1) Clearance -> with the snow we've had in MI this year - we have gotten stuck a lot!! 2) ->Front wheel drive in the snow!! Horrible traction and can't make it up the slightest incline!!! Lastly -> Gas mileage stinks!! We do a lot of travelling and I'd say at best 16 mpg - with good tires and regular oil changes!!"

What is this thing? (Besides awesome)

By on Monday, November 04, 2013

Pros: "Safety features, drivetrain, fast smooth and quiet"

Cons: "So-so fit and finish, lack of curb-tilt mirrors"

"I have about 9000 miles on my 2013 Flex Limited AWD, grey with platinum package and all the options, and I have loved every mile of it. For two decades I drove pickups, SUVs and minivans, always top trim levels. So the Flex is my first "car" in years. The Flex is fairly luxurious and the technology features are cool. Not sure what it is though; is it a car, a crossover or what? I do think its kinda odd looking so I call it my Funky Family Wagon. Aside from a single fit and finish issue (which our local dealer has not managed to fully fix), the Flex has been perfect. It is quiet, smooth and FAST. Quick off the line, awesome passing power and thankfully speed limited at 123 mph. I run the twin turbo on premium, and get 17.6 mpg overall, up to 23 on the highway, and I achieve that mileage while making full use of the accelerator. I live in hilly country with winding roads and the handling is very good for a large vehicle. The Parking assist has parked me in places I never would have tried, and the back-up safety features are great in crowded parking lots. The active curve control has kept me on the road occasionally and the collision avoidance is useful- especially if you drive like me (which I do not recommend). I do highly recommend the active cruise control, which we have on two of our other vehicles (2011 Acura MDX and 2012 Toyota Sienna). The Flex is my favorite of the three. Its great for dropping the kids safely at school and then inviting speeding tickets and deer collisions as I drive it to work...or wherever it takes me next."

GREAT GREAT GREAT!!!!

By on Friday, June 24, 2011

Pros: "Just Great all around quality and handling"

Cons: "wish we would have known the titanium edition was coming out"

"Completely the best car we have ever owned and we have had alot!. Test drive all 3rd row vehicles drove and comfort was the best. My 6'2" friend feels comfortable in 3rd row."

Awesome to drive and coolest crossver ever.

By on Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Pros: "Unique looks and comfort, the right motor and room"

Cons: "Some fit and finish items seem an afterthought."

"I find it difficult to believe the KBB rating compared to the driver ratings. It's a matter of taste and long term driving. The Flex always gets a double take and everyone who has seen it loves it. No, they are not just being polite. It drives very comfortably, road noise is minimal and acceleration is responsive. I find I can keep my speed in most turns on the freeway. For hot rods, there is the Ecoboost. We have the Limited so it comes pretty well loaded and the longer you own it the less you need to use the screen. The Infomatics have been criticized in the past but whatever it was, it works on ours. There is legroom in every seat, even the ones in the very back. You won't find that everywhere. It's got so much room that no one rides uncomfortably. I love the multiple sunroofs and the air bags in the rear seat-belts. If you are deciding, go drive one and enjoy!"

Owner since 2010, had 11 miles at purchase

By on Monday, September 09, 2013

Pros: "Comfort, fule economy, Air, handling, good road ca"

Cons: "No air shocks available."

"Have used daily, very good family car, good room, travels well with 7 if you have a luggage carrier and or rack. Cleans well. Could use air shocks, but Ford and after market does not make them. Could be a better warranty, but we have not had to use it yet. Nolan"

Want a Cadillac but can't afford one?

By on Saturday, June 29, 2013

Pros: "smooth ride, comfortable, mpg, Ford Sync, style"

Cons: "0"

"This car is the next best thing in my opinion, only with more versatility. The ride is smooth and I could drive on a long trip with ease. Try putting a 10' board in a Caddy, I can in my Flex. Leg room is fantastic, gas mileage is unbelievable for a car this size. I live out in the country but go to the city a lot, and yet I average 22 to 23 mpg! The only annoyance is everyplace you go people are asking about, have to look inside. I got one of the fist ones and for the fist two years I couldn't stop anyplace that I wouldn't get asked about it "Is that the new Ford in that flashy commercial?" Now some still ask what it is but most know and want to know how I like as they've been thinking about one."

The car is wonderful in snowy conditions!

By on Tuesday, February 21, 2012

"Safe. Reliable. Comfortable. Retains value."

Amazing!!!!!!

By on Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Pros: "Handles great, Love the sync system, I look good driving it, inexpensive to maintain."

Cons: "Storage space in the back could be a tad bigger."

"At 5'3", I wanted the flex because it was easier for me to my three kiddos in and out of their car seats without having to climb in like other 7 passenger vehicles. I average almost 20 mpg in town and 25 mpg on the highway. Maintenance is inexpensive and the leg room is plenty big. I get approached by strangers all the time wanting to open the back and take a look. In the summer we have movie nights at the drive in and use the third row seats to face out to watch the movie and for picnics. Fits all three car seats in the second row and has the LATCH bars in the third row (the expedition does not) The sync system is amazing and has saved me from multitasking. We have all of our technology synced with our flex which makes road trips a breeze. The only con I have is my double stroller (biggest and bulkiest you can buy) only fits upright with the front wheels removed in the "trunk" space when the third row is in use. It is a bit of a hassle at times when I am running late and I have to maneuver the stroller just right, but all the pros outweigh the one con by a landslide. I won't have the double stroller for forever, but I will keep my flex for years to come. I love my flex!!!!!!"

Buy the LIMITED model

By on Monday, February 01, 2010

"I traded in my 2005 Ford Freestyle (now called a Taurus X) to purchase a 2009 Ford Flex LIMITED. While looking to buy, I wanted several of the packages offered (Lighting, convenience, etc.). I was looking to buy a loaded SEL and never considered buying a LIMITED. When it was all said and done, I was within $1,000 of the price of a LIMITED. Well, I purchased the LIMITED. This has all of the offered packages, as well as numerous other non-obvious trim features (chromed mirrors, bigger tires and wheels, wood grained trim, chromed lift-gate, and numerous other features). My parked Ford Flex was struck by another vehicle. The Flex suffered major rear end damage. The passenger compartment appeared to be in good condition if my family had been in the vehicle at the time. I have just been told that they have "totaled" my Flex. I was very sad, because I loved this vehicle. I will now go purchase another Ford Flex. And Yes, I will buy another LIMITED."

Love it!!!!

By on Sunday, September 27, 2009

"I recently picked up my 2010 Ford Flex SEL, and so far it has surpassed my expectations, at first i was worried due to the few bad reviews, after all, all cars have a few lemons. But after i picked it up i have been nothing but impressed. The exterior, i love the way it looks, either you love it or hate it... As far as the interior is concerned it is definately a step up for ford. I used to own a 2002 Ford taurus SEL, and this is way better on the inside. I live in germany right now and since i've been here i've been test driving Mercedes benzes(2009 E350) and BMW's(2009 535i)and the interior of the flex is right in line with both of those car company's. I've read reviews where people say the interior is cheaply done, and i don't agree at all. The microsoft sync works beautifly and is completely user friendly, although i can't use all of the functions since i'm overseas now, what i can use i like. The leather seats are lovely, i like how the inside of the seat is a different materiel, a soft leather. The ride is smooth and quiet. My only regret is that i couldn't afford the limited with the Ecoboost and nav system...i really was unsure of whether or not a new ford vehicle would be worth the $45K+ for the limited with all the bells and whistles...but after driving my sel with the convenience package i would def. upgrade in the future. Ford has made it so me and my wife are looking at buying american again...thanks ford."

LOVE IT

By on Friday, August 15, 2014

Pros: "easy and fun to drive, peppy engine"

Cons: "fuel economy"

"Its wonderful, dives like a car, but holds cargo like a minivan. We used to own a minivan and needed something we could tow with and the flex was perfect. The kids can get in and out easily even from the third row. The fuel economy is not impressive (i have heard it got better in later years). I would buy it all over again! Engine is peppy and towing does not make it feel under powered."

10k ON THE ODOMETER AND ITS BEEN FLAWLESS.

By on Monday, July 07, 2014

Pros: "practical, solid, dependable, affordable"

Cons: "noisy drive with windows down at Hwy speeds"

"People always ask what it is and if I like it, some mistake it for a Range Rover Mileage is a solid 25 MPG on the highwas at 70 mph or less, mixed around town is about 22 mpg Adaptive cruise control make highway driving a pleasure. It's a must have Self parallel parking system is cool but never used Didn't think I'd like the auto hydrolic rear hatch but find it very convenient. Same for the AC in the front seats thought it was odd at first but after the first 90 degree day I was a convert. Low compression engine with front wheel drive has more than enough torque and pickup for most unless you want to spend $1500 for twin turbo which uses premium gas and get lower mileage Handling and ride is great with tow package/ anti-sway no - SUV/minivan porpoising, not quite my BMW 7 but close. Drives smaller than it looks Interior is clean and functional, rear passenger's luv the 2 buckets which have heat and seporate climate control for the back row and skylights above all rows Driver seating is very comfortable for 6'3" but vertical and transverse engine limits stretchout legroom Sunroof / Panoramic roof makes the whole truck light and airy front to back.... this should be offered with lower trim levels, can only add if you have virtuall evey other option. Active road sensing technology is very helpful and gets you spoiled when you drive acar without it Synch is solid technology but can be quircky intermittantly Lots of airbags and very good safety rating... spend the $190 for the rear passenger seatbelt airbags"

This is a great crossover vehicle.

By on Friday, November 15, 2013

Pros: "Looks good and has a great presence on the road."

Cons: "We have not found a down side to this vehicle."

"After having Club Wagons, an Excursion and a Explorer this is a very pleasant change. Much easer to drive, park and it rides almost like a car but has the towing and haling capacity of a SUV."

Best Car I've Owned

By on Thursday, October 24, 2013

Pros: "Space, Rides Great, Extremely Comfortable"

Cons: "AWD gas mileage"

"I'm a 30 year old married guy, no kids. I bought a used 2009 Flex in 09, my first impression was like many others "ITS UGLY". Then I started looking at other Crossover vehicles, and started to realize how much space and features came with it, as opposed to the competition. I got the Flex limited, with Microsoft Sync, leather interior, no sun roof, because out of all my other cars with them, i never used them. My previous car was a 2005 Chrysler 300. Loved the looks, but had the worst maintenance issues ever. Replaced ball joints and tie rod ends every year. My flex has never had any major issues or repairs in 5 years. I spent $10,000 plus on Chrysler repairs over the 5 years i owned it, and the flex hasn't had any repair costs. Love the space, the backseat has more legroom than my parents Chevy Suburban (i have to turn my legs sideways to get my size 11 feet out the suburban back seat door.) But yes, the Flex is an excellent car, love it, my only complaint, I want a newer one."

Great Vehicle!!

By on Sunday, October 13, 2013

Pros: "Everything"

Cons: "nothing"

"This vehicle is very comfortable and reliable. I just finished a 5,800 mile trip with mine with no issues and no back fatigue. Drives and handles very well in comfort,also with plenty 2nd seat leg room, with lots of room for luggage and passengers. I Always get asked about it and gets plenty of compliments."

Can't say enough about this car!!!

By on Wednesday, July 17, 2013

"I come from a 3 generation family of Chrysler employees. I fell in love with this vehicle when they first came out. The 2011 color of Meditteranean Blue is very eye catching and I get tons of comments on the color. I traded a 2006 Chrysler Town and County mini van for this. I would NEVER drive another mini van now that I own this Flex. Best feature is that the spare tire is inside where it belongs even with the third seat. No more cranking it down and reaching past a HOT exhaust to get the spare out."

85K miles in 2.5 years

By on Sunday, September 02, 2012

Pros: "Easy to drive, very good stereo, comfortable"

Cons: "Bigger than it looks when you park underground!"

"This is my company car. I have the SE (base model) It has been a great work car. It can haul two large toolboxes as well as spare parts - and that's with only the rear seats folded down. The center seats stay up most of the time. It drives quite well and is not a slug on acceleration. Mine is 2wd, so forget any snow or Ice action. it drives fine in the rain and has very small blind spots ( just look over your shoulder ) the Sync is Great and easy to use. Mileage averages 25.5 -- mostly hiway. I'm getting a 2013 flex in a couple of months to replace this one"

This car is awesome. Best family vehicle ever!

By on Thursday, February 23, 2012

Pros: "Fun to drive, esp. with kids, looks trendy"

Cons: "only drawback is the mpg city."

"I bought this car in 45 min. I have never had so many features in one car. My daughter loves it, my neighbors are jealous and I feel great driving it. It is an easy ride, flexible with all its gadgets. Love the automatic tail gate and the fact your back seat can face the rear for tailgating purposes! We drove this car on family vacation and my back never hurt when we took breaks. My daughter sat in the back and had the lap top plugged into the 120 hook up and watched movies the entire trip. We also used the cooler between breaks. Easy to clean up interior also and get in and out of the back seat with just a touch for the seats to stack up."

LOVE my Flex, great for roadtrips

By on Saturday, January 28, 2012

Pros: "Comfort, safety, fun to drive"

Cons: "Tires wear fast, Sync inconsistent, blind spot."

"I bought my 2009 2-tone Flex Limited as CPO with 30K miles two years ago. Favorite. Car. Ever! I especially love the Vista roof, 2nd row captain chairs,leather, and DVD system. Super roadtrip car: she has taken our family (inc. 2 teens and a 8-yr-old) on several vacations through 14 states very comfortably. The windshield is HUGE and with all the big windows (plus Vista roof) its like being in the observation car of a train. Room for everyone plus luggage and gear. For gas I get about 20/24, closer to 18 going through mountains of course. Wherever we go (outside of MI) people ask about her and love the look of the car. It's quiet enough for work/clients, and great for tooling around doing carpool duty. I'm not impressed by the manufacturer tires, which wear out by 30K. The Sync system misinterprets requests which can either be frustrating or downright comical, depending on what you are trying to do. And I have to keep playing with the side mirrors to avoid a significant blind spot. But overall I really, really love this car. As long as I can keep her running I'm planning to keep her even if she's no longer my day-to-day car in a few years."

Best vehicle I have owned.

By on Tuesday, January 03, 2012

Pros: "Roomy, confortable, good mpg."

Cons: "none."

"With out a doubt this is the best vehicle I have ever owned. I have owned mostly Fords but the Flex surpasses all of the other 24 vehicles I have owned. It took some time to convince my wife to drive it, but once she did she was sold. It is roomy, I'm 6'3" 265lbs, and very comfortable. We drove it to Orlando Fl. the day after we bought it and avg 24mpg fully loaded. We have not had any mech problems in 31k. We did have a couple of cosmetic items but they were quickly taken care of by our local dealer. If you have not driven the Flex and are in the market for a crossover then do youself a favor and drive it, because you will fall in love with it."

Best vehicle ever

By on Sunday, November 27, 2011

"I was looking at large suv's to buy. I started working at a new job and rode to work in a Flex.I could not believe the room in the back seat and the fuel mileage this vehicle got.I was sold. The flex provides great fuel economy and plenty of room on long trips.I do not use it much around town, but great on the highway with lots of comfort."

I Love My 2011 Flex

By on Wednesday, November 09, 2011

Pros: "handles good, fun to drive, classy looking"

Cons: "center console to far back and not big enough"

"I traded my 2008 Eddie Bauer 4x4 Expedition in on a 2011 Flex, because of gas. I haven't regretted it once. Love the Sync, no blind spots. I had the backup mirror in my expedition, no need for one in the flex. Very roomy for my 3 grandkids. We've had 7 in it and the power was great. We live in the mountains and haven't noticed any difference in the V-6 power. It really excelerates well. Can't say enough about it, I LOVE IT... Only thing is the center console needs to be forward more and alittle bigger. I've had alot of people ask me what it is and they like it............."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Ford Flex near Honolulu. See local deals