2010 Ford Flex

Based on 194 Ratings for the 2009 - 2015 models.

Interior space of an SUV, drives like a luxury car

By on Saturday, January 10, 2015

Pros: "Interior size, comfort, quietness, driveablity, sm"

Cons: "'rake lines'"

"So smooth, so quiet. Room for 7 adults. My brother-in-law is 6'7" and has plenty of leg room in the second row. Some people don't like the exterior looks, but I am yet to find a person who doesn't love it once they ride in it. Awesome vehicle. It was a little pricey, that is 9/10 on value. Not a big fan of the 'rake lines' on exterior, that is the 9/10 on Design: Interior & exterior. Warranty had to replace the lumbar support on driver seat and the heat actuator on passenger side over the last 3.5 years. That is my rating of 9/10 for quality. I would have no problem buying this vehicle again. If you are thinking of buying one, get it checked out by a certified mechanic. If the mechanic says it's good, I recommend you buy it. Great vehicle!"

Best vehicle I have ever owned.

By on Sunday, January 04, 2015

Pros: "Everything"

Cons: "not enough adjustment in the steering wheell"

"Lots of room, great ride, very comfortable"

I love the car; drives and performs as advertised

By on Saturday, November 22, 2014

Pros: "Great car, fun to drive, dependable"

Cons: "Needs handy place for note pad, pen, bus. cards."

"My vehicle is the 2011, Flex Limited. I bought the car for multiple reasons: its unique (appealing to me; not cookie cutter) appearance, ease of ingress and egress for my short wife and tall me (I'm 6' 4" tall), really spacious second row seating, and the roomy cargo area. With the 3.5 L Eco-boost engine we consistently get 17.5 mpg around town and 24.0 mpg on the highway, and I love the select shift 6 speed transmission; it's smooth and positive. The car is stable and straight on the highway with plenty of power, even when fully loaded. When making a quick pass be careful, as the downshift and acceleration are quick enough to throw your front seat passenger's beverage in the back seat; and the AWD - nearly 8" of wet snow, 10% grade, no problem. The navigation system is a little quirky, but the back up camera is the best. This package comes with the park assist, but this vehicle is so easy to parallel park, I've never used it. Yes, I will buy another. However, I would like an option to eliminate the third row seating; I have no use for it, and it just adds unnecessary weight. Also, with 20" wheels, clearance is limited so tire chains/cables are a no-no. The front seat leg room isn't bad, but for my height, a couple more inches would be helpful. I forgot to add the remote start to my package but I will next time. Overall, I'm very pleased with my Flex."

Downsized from Suburban-GREAT choice!

By on Tuesday, November 18, 2014

Pros: "Space, driveability, Like the look!"

Cons: "20 mpg, nothing else."

"Love the space all over-head room, leg room (even 3rd row), cargo space. Great driveability-smooth, eco-boost, quick pick up, back up cam. Gas mileage way better than Suburban-so pleased with 20mpg. Love leather, heated seats, interactive panel, bluetooth, voice command."

best car i have ever owned

By on Wednesday, November 05, 2014

Pros: "comfort comfort comfort"

Cons: "only get 21 mpg when not on road trip"

"this has been a wonderful car and if personal reasons did not make me trade it in i never would."

Roomy 2nd row seating, loads of cargo space

By on Tuesday, November 04, 2014

Pros: "great ride, priced right, meets my cargo needs"

Cons: "headrest too large to look around, gas not as good"

"The Flex rides great, holds to curves with complete control, has plenty of leg and head space, and when you let the 2nd & 3rd row seats down you can haul furniture on a moments notice when you find a sale! Our 3,000 mile, 2 week vacation of 4 in the car was extremely enjoyable. I can open the door and sit down without feeling like I'm falling into a hole like most cars because they are so low. The older you get the harder to crawl out of these new cars now days. Plan to replace this Flex with a new one some day soon. Not real crazy about the head rest being so big, makes it hard to look around when parking. Overall for the price, it offers a lot, and the size makes me feel safer especially with all the air bags."

Very good

By on Saturday, November 01, 2014

Pros: "retro-futuristic styling, size, comfort & power"

Cons: "gas mileage, 3rd seat lost space, useless Sync"

"Compliments and inquiries from other people.Most people never heard of the model and found it hard to believe that it is a Ford. Stunning in my red and white two-tone. Very comfortable to drive. Very much dislike that the 3rd seat does not fold flat or push forward - a whole lot of wasted space that way. The sync never worked right and a water leak from engine could not be acknowledged or fixed by the dealer under warranty. I will buy a new 2015 Flex again IF BUT ONLY IF they come out with an engine like a diesel that improves the miles per gallon. If they stick with the same engine I will take my business elsewhere."

wifes work car low miles leather seats very nice

By on Wednesday, October 08, 2014

Pros: "great travel car roomy comfortable love the sync"

Cons: "larger car for family"

"great car for travel and comfort. Love the heated seats in the winter, great to haul the stuff.love the auto back door"

Best Car I've ever had!

By on Friday, September 26, 2014

Pros: "Very reliable and comfortable and easy to drive."

"This is the second Flex I have owned. I have loved both. Had to convince my husband on the first one, then he loved it. Great vehicle for long trips. Very comfortable to ride and drive. Can't say enough about the Ford Flex!"

Love this car.. Best Ford product ever owned..

By on Friday, September 26, 2014

Pros: "Great utility, comfort, and reliability.."

Cons: "Key ignition needs to be lit up and better placed."

"This car has been service free except for the brakes which were an early repair done by Ford.. Everything else has been normal servicing.."

Quality flaws kill what it could be.

By on Friday, September 26, 2014

Pros: "Performance and Comfort"

Cons: "Horrible quality. Everything is breaking."

"We purchased this car to get my wife out of a minivan. It had the same room, but better handling and performance all around. With the Eco-Boost motor, it was hard to beat the performance with any other large SUV-type vehicle and with a lower ride height and all-wheel drive, the drivability was fantastic. It wasn't long before stuff started breaking however. It started with a few random squeaks and small handles breaking. The brakes and shocks went early. I have now had significant transmission problems as well as other random, stupid quality stuff like the coolant reservoir cracking, the leather on the driver's seat cracking and the folding mechanism on the rear seats breaking. I have never had such quality problems before. I have an Audi with 120,000 miles on in and no serious drivetrain or quality issues whatsoever. I real, really wanted to love this car since it appeared to be exactly what we wanted. But unfortunately, the quality issues have made me decide to never buy another Ford product."

Looks quirky but a great car/truck/SUV

By on Thursday, September 18, 2014

"This has been a very reliable and comfortable car. It is a SUV disguised as a car because of it's car chassis. It is the only car that we have owned that has caused people in parking lots to ask "what is that, how do you like it?" I have never put much more than 100,000 miles on a car. Our Flex has 154,000 miles on it and runs like new with no rattles. Not ready to trade it yet."

They'll have to pry it from my dead hands! LOVE IT

By on Saturday, September 06, 2014

Pros: "Awesome family car!"

Cons: "Expensive BUT WORTH IT, as value has HELD!"

"This IS a SWEET RIDE! CLASSY! Interior with woodgrain dash and interior trims, Steel blue color with silver roof trim goes fabulously with chrome accents. Don't know why we never see our color out there! Family of 4 tall people (5'9" - 6'5") fit so comfortably for long (10+hrs) vacation travel, and there's room for a med. sized dog!! Reliability has been excellent mechanically but Sync has had some issues recently. She handles beautifully even in areas where a sharp U turn is needed to access highway. Just because she's big, does not make it scary to handle, as the turning radius is surprisingly smaller than you think AND manueverability is smooth. Tires don't last as long as on my van (prev. vehicle) but that's due to the type of tire (softer) that comes in the needed size. Visibility is exceptional. FLEXibility for use of interior is incredible and easy to do, even tho this yr didn't have electric flip option for 3rd seat. AC/heat in 3 zones easily keeps everyone happy. We especially like the ceiling vents to provide xtra air flow for dog and restrict it for passenger seats. I have had her for almost 5 years now, and I STILL SAY " I LOVE MY NEW CAR!" (not impressed with changes made on newer models esp 2014 = cheapened interior horribly)"

I love my FLex

By on Friday, August 15, 2014

"It has been a great car. For the price, all the space inside is great."

LOVE IT

By on Friday, August 15, 2014

Pros: "easy and fun to drive, peppy engine"

Cons: "fuel economy"

"Its wonderful, dives like a car, but holds cargo like a minivan. We used to own a minivan and needed something we could tow with and the flex was perfect. The kids can get in and out easily even from the third row. The fuel economy is not impressive (i have heard it got better in later years). I would buy it all over again! Engine is peppy and towing does not make it feel under powered."

I love this car!

By on Tuesday, August 05, 2014

Pros: "comfort and safety"

"This car is the best car I have ever owned. It is roomy and very comfortable. It handles amazingly in the Ohio winters.It is pretty and handles like a dream!"

Best car ever owned

By on Sunday, August 03, 2014

Pros: "Comfort and safety and room to spare."

Cons: "No cons"

"This is the best car I've owned and I've owned 13 new Mercedes and better. Rides like a luxury car, lots of room ... videos for my grandkids... decent mileage... great look... plenty of leg and head room... nav system works well... music is like a concert hall... love this car."

Best family vehicle ever!

By on Monday, July 28, 2014

Pros: "Fun to drive, great looking, family friendly"

Cons: "Center console is smaller, 3rd row up = less trunk"

"I love my 2011 Ford Flex. It has approximately 60k miles on it and is a great vehicle. It is very reliable and comfortable, I'd love to drive it across the country if gas prices would go down. It gets 17 city/24 highway. Its been a great vehicle for my small family (my husband, my 2 year old and myself) but really comes in hand when we have others joining us. It has a 3rd row option that I can lay down and use as a HUGE trunk. It fits all of our baby stuff and she is entertained on long drives watching her Mickey Mouse Clubhouse on the DVD system. It has a great stock sound system as well when I feel like bumping in my Flex. Ford has really stepped up their game with this vehicle. It beats owning a Minivan and has outdone any wagon on the market. My flex handles very well on both city streets and California highways. Its a smooth ride unlike most SUVs and trucks. If you are thinking of buying a Ford Flex I would say definitely do it. Its my favorite vehicle I've owned by far!"

this is the best vehile I have ever owned

By on Thursday, July 24, 2014

Pros: "lots of room, great ride and love to drive"

"I have owed this vehicle for 5 years and still am in love with it. We use it a lot to travel. Very comfortable and lots of room. I even lay the back seats down and climb in the back to sleep. Everyone that gets in it loves it. From my friends in their early 40's to my elder grandfather whom is 83."

New family truckster

By on Thursday, July 24, 2014

"I have put over 37k on this car in 19 months. I drive the 20" tires (Eagle RS-As) off this thing for the daily commute and for family vacations. It keeps the young 'un occupied with the built in DVDs, satellite radio, and spacious interior to keep all the stuff within reach. It has all the performance most will ever need with the 355hp EB and AWD. Gets 17-19 on daily commute and will see 21-23 on the long trips depending on the speed. Funny, it gets better mileage closer to 80 than 70-must be where the power curve is most efficient. Taken myself, my wife, my 8 year old, wife's sister and husband and daugher in an infant seat more than 200 miles for a funeral in the snow and no complaints for room or temperature with dual zone climate control. Been dead nuts reliable except for a sheet metal screw in a tire during the polar vortex. Did not get the MyFord Touch in it but enjoy the Sync set up for the iPod or iPhone. With 12 and 120 volt power outlets you can power or recharge anything. I've driven Fords since 1986 and this is one that I recommend over and over and is my favorite of all."

Comfortable and reliable. No headaches.

By on Friday, July 11, 2014

"I have taken trips to Tennesse, Florida, Maryland, etc. Fuel mileage has been slightly lower than anticipated. However, the comfort and room this vehicles provides more than makes up for it. Low maintenance, efficient, plan for new one to be the replacement for it."

10k ON THE ODOMETER AND ITS BEEN FLAWLESS.

By on Monday, July 07, 2014

Pros: "practical, solid, dependable, affordable"

Cons: "noisy drive with windows down at Hwy speeds"

"People always ask what it is and if I like it, some mistake it for a Range Rover Mileage is a solid 25 MPG on the highwas at 70 mph or less, mixed around town is about 22 mpg Adaptive cruise control make highway driving a pleasure. It's a must have Self parallel parking system is cool but never used Didn't think I'd like the auto hydrolic rear hatch but find it very convenient. Same for the AC in the front seats thought it was odd at first but after the first 90 degree day I was a convert. Low compression engine with front wheel drive has more than enough torque and pickup for most unless you want to spend $1500 for twin turbo which uses premium gas and get lower mileage Handling and ride is great with tow package/ anti-sway no - SUV/minivan porpoising, not quite my BMW 7 but close. Drives smaller than it looks Interior is clean and functional, rear passenger's luv the 2 buckets which have heat and seporate climate control for the back row and skylights above all rows Driver seating is very comfortable for 6'3" but vertical and transverse engine limits stretchout legroom Sunroof / Panoramic roof makes the whole truck light and airy front to back.... this should be offered with lower trim levels, can only add if you have virtuall evey other option. Active road sensing technology is very helpful and gets you spoiled when you drive acar without it Synch is solid technology but can be quircky intermittantly Lots of airbags and very good safety rating... spend the $190 for the rear passenger seatbelt airbags"

Love this car!

By on Sunday, July 06, 2014

Pros: "Great car all around"

Cons: "Seats might be a little more "cushy""

"I have owned over 80 vehicles in my life and this is one of the most adaptable cars I have ever owned. It has about everything. Handles reasonably, comfortable to drive, can carry just about anything up to a small horse and gets pretty fair mileage to boot. We have towed small trailers with it and have used the Flex as a dinghy behind our motorhome. It has more electronics than the Space Shuttle and they all work very well. I have people walk up to me in parking lots and ask lots of questions about it. How many other production cars get that? I'd buy another in a minute."

By on Saturday, June 14, 2014

"Excellent car, rideis great, comfortable. Is a joy to drive. Very quiet interior."

Our Best Vehicle Ever

By on Thursday, June 05, 2014

Pros: "Reliable, fun to drive, great price, many extras"

Cons: "None - period"

"Satisfied from start to present time"

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Ford Flex near Honolulu. See local deals