• 2014 Compact SUV Buyer's Guide

2010 Ford Flex

Based on 174 Ratings for the 2009 - 2014 models.

Comfortable and reliable. No headaches.

By on Friday, July 11, 2014

"I have taken trips to Tennesse, Florida, Maryland, etc. Fuel mileage has been slightly lower than anticipated. However, the comfort and room this vehicles provides more than makes up for it. Low maintenance, efficient, plan for new one to be the replacement for it."

10k ON THE ODOMETER AND ITS BEEN FLAWLESS.

By on Monday, July 07, 2014

Pros: "practical, solid, dependable, affordable"

Cons: "noisy drive with windows down at Hwy speeds"

"People always ask what it is and if I like it, some mistake it for a Range Rover Mileage is a solid 25 MPG on the highwas at 70 mph or less, mixed around town is about 22 mpg Adaptive cruise control make highway driving a pleasure. It's a must have Self parallel parking system is cool but never used Didn't think I'd like the auto hydrolic rear hatch but find it very convenient. Same for the AC in the front seats thought it was odd at first but after the first 90 degree day I was a convert. Low compression engine with front wheel drive has more than enough torque and pickup for most unless you want to spend $1500 for twin turbo which uses premium gas and get lower mileage Handling and ride is great with tow package/ anti-sway no - SUV/minivan porpoising, not quite my BMW 7 but close. Drives smaller than it looks Interior is clean and functional, rear passenger's luv the 2 buckets which have heat and seporate climate control for the back row and skylights above all rows Driver seating is very comfortable for 6'3" but vertical and transverse engine limits stretchout legroom Sunroof / Panoramic roof makes the whole truck light and airy front to back.... this should be offered with lower trim levels, can only add if you have virtuall evey other option. Active road sensing technology is very helpful and gets you spoiled when you drive acar without it Synch is solid technology but can be quircky intermittantly Lots of airbags and very good safety rating... spend the $190 for the rear passenger seatbelt airbags"

Love this car!

By on Sunday, July 06, 2014

Pros: "Great car all around"

Cons: "Seats might be a little more "cushy""

"I have owned over 80 vehicles in my life and this is one of the most adaptable cars I have ever owned. It has about everything. Handles reasonably, comfortable to drive, can carry just about anything up to a small horse and gets pretty fair mileage to boot. We have towed small trailers with it and have used the Flex as a dinghy behind our motorhome. It has more electronics than the Space Shuttle and they all work very well. I have people walk up to me in parking lots and ask lots of questions about it. How many other production cars get that? I'd buy another in a minute."

By on Saturday, June 14, 2014

"Excellent car, rideis great, comfortable. Is a joy to drive. Very quiet interior."

Our Best Vehicle Ever

By on Thursday, June 05, 2014

Pros: "Reliable, fun to drive, great price, many extras"

Cons: "None - period"

"Satisfied from start to present time"

comfy and roomy seats but not much else

By on Tuesday, June 03, 2014

Pros: "comfy, spacious, flexible seating"

Cons: "small gas tank, touch controls, DVD, poor keypad"

"This offered, I thought better gas mileage than the old van but, NO. I only avg 19MPG. In fact, took a 3000 mile trip and only averaged 19 MPG all highway miles, driving at 72MPH with my cruise on. My 2007 van got better than this. Ford should be ashamed for not getting better gas mileage for a similar sized vehicle 7 years newer! Also, I have to stop every 300 miles to gas up - the tank is ridiculously small for a mom's taxi. I'm always on empty and looking for the next gas station, I feel. Lots of wind noise. Touch controls are a pain - a lot of touching and scrolling (while driving) to do a simple adjustment of the temperature or radio. The navigation won't allow setting when driving so even the passenger can't enter a destination while the car's in drive. It won't even work when stopped, it has to be in park! The only way to do it while driving is by voice command which is never able to hear me correctly and takes an agonizing amount of time and yelling to do. The technology is old - it's like using the first generation GPS units we had 5 years ago. The Built-in DVD player which was a $2000 option, doesn't even play sound through the car's speakers! The kids have to use headphones. The keyless entry pad malfunctioned within 14 days of purchasing the car and I had to call a tow truck to break into my new car. Ford acknowledges they have a problem with these pads. The dealer kept my car for 5 days to replace it. It's still a pain - the keys are very insensitive and I have to hold them for longer than should be necessary. Also, if you try and leave your keys in the car, which is why I have the keyless pad option to begin with, it UNLOCKS after you walk away from the car. It took me a month to realize that I had to lock it, wait for it to unlock and lock it again anytime I want to leave my keys in the car. The car doesn't handle well - it floats and responds slowly. It doesn't accelerate very fast either. I regret this purchase and I've only had it 3 months."

Amazing Vehicle

By on Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Pros: "THEY RIDE SO SMOOTH AND THEY SIT AMAZING"

Cons: "N/A"

"CAR RIDES LIKE A DREAM. WE NEEDED A CAR DUE TO BACK PROBLEMS THIS IS THE ONLY VEHICLE WE SAT IN THAT GIVES U THE RIGHT SUPPORT. HEATED SEATS ARE WONDERFUL IN THE WINTER. REAL FAMILY CAR!!!! DEFINITELY WOULD BUY ANOTHER FLEX. MY DAUGHTER AND SON-INLAW JUST WENT OUT AN BOUGHT A NEW ONE THEY LIKED OURS SO WELL. GREAT VEHICLE."

great vehicle

By on Sunday, May 04, 2014

Pros: "towing and roomy"

Cons: "heater and a/c sometime does not blow air"

"Great vehicle i tow my boat all over the state to go fishing and not a problem when towing."

Wonderful car. Blind spots and bad fuel economy.

By on Thursday, May 01, 2014

Pros: "Roomy and luxurious. Handles well."

Cons: "Fuel economy and blindspots"

"Would buy another Ford. Loved all the amenities this car offers. Keyless entry a favorite. Cooler console a waste. Gas mileage only 13/14 around town, and barely 20 hwy. Very cool car. Handles well at higher speeds on highway...hills and curves good performance. Blind spot to be aware of. Not comfortable letting my kids, as newer drivers, drive it a lot."

Great Car...

By on Saturday, April 26, 2014

Pros: "The retro look"

Cons: "Body Flex"

"Great car. Ford worked hard on this one and it shows. I have owned the car for less than a year and it has never let me down. The car is quite and a pleasure to drive. There are a couple of items that concerns me. The first is the body flex. The second is the transmission. If you park on a slope the body will flex and not allow the rear tailgate to open. I had parked on a small hill and tried to get my dog out of the back and it wouldn't open. It tried, but in the end I had to move the car to open the tailgate. I feel if the body was on a frame this would make it more solid and not experience the body flex. It is a large car with significant weight to it. The transmission does seem to be sluggish and sometimes seems to have problems shifting. If you are in heavy traffic the transmission will have a hard shift when coasting. There is also a problem if you lift from the accelerator the transmission downshifts and when you push on the accelerator to go it wants to start back in first gear again. I have had it checked and everything is as it should be. We will see on this one. Overall a great car."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Ford Flex near Honolulu. See local deals
See if you qualify for