2009 Ford Flex

Based on 210 Ratings for the 2009 - 2015 models.

The car is wonderful in snowy conditions!

By on Tuesday, February 21, 2012

"Safe. Reliable. Comfortable. Retains value."

Amazing!!!!!!

By on Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Pros: "Handles great, Love the sync system, I look good driving it, inexpensive to maintain."

Cons: "Storage space in the back could be a tad bigger."

"At 5'3", I wanted the flex because it was easier for me to my three kiddos in and out of their car seats without having to climb in like other 7 passenger vehicles. I average almost 20 mpg in town and 25 mpg on the highway. Maintenance is inexpensive and the leg room is plenty big. I get approached by strangers all the time wanting to open the back and take a look. In the summer we have movie nights at the drive in and use the third row seats to face out to watch the movie and for picnics. Fits all three car seats in the second row and has the LATCH bars in the third row (the expedition does not) The sync system is amazing and has saved me from multitasking. We have all of our technology synced with our flex which makes road trips a breeze. The only con I have is my double stroller (biggest and bulkiest you can buy) only fits upright with the front wheels removed in the "trunk" space when the third row is in use. It is a bit of a hassle at times when I am running late and I have to maneuver the stroller just right, but all the pros outweigh the one con by a landslide. I won't have the double stroller for forever, but I will keep my flex for years to come. I love my flex!!!!!!"

Buy the LIMITED model

By on Monday, February 01, 2010

"I traded in my 2005 Ford Freestyle (now called a Taurus X) to purchase a 2009 Ford Flex LIMITED. While looking to buy, I wanted several of the packages offered (Lighting, convenience, etc.). I was looking to buy a loaded SEL and never considered buying a LIMITED. When it was all said and done, I was within $1,000 of the price of a LIMITED. Well, I purchased the LIMITED. This has all of the offered packages, as well as numerous other non-obvious trim features (chromed mirrors, bigger tires and wheels, wood grained trim, chromed lift-gate, and numerous other features). My parked Ford Flex was struck by another vehicle. The Flex suffered major rear end damage. The passenger compartment appeared to be in good condition if my family had been in the vehicle at the time. I have just been told that they have "totaled" my Flex. I was very sad, because I loved this vehicle. I will now go purchase another Ford Flex. And Yes, I will buy another LIMITED."

Love it!!!!

By on Sunday, September 27, 2009

"I recently picked up my 2010 Ford Flex SEL, and so far it has surpassed my expectations, at first i was worried due to the few bad reviews, after all, all cars have a few lemons. But after i picked it up i have been nothing but impressed. The exterior, i love the way it looks, either you love it or hate it... As far as the interior is concerned it is definately a step up for ford. I used to own a 2002 Ford taurus SEL, and this is way better on the inside. I live in germany right now and since i've been here i've been test driving Mercedes benzes(2009 E350) and BMW's(2009 535i)and the interior of the flex is right in line with both of those car company's. I've read reviews where people say the interior is cheaply done, and i don't agree at all. The microsoft sync works beautifly and is completely user friendly, although i can't use all of the functions since i'm overseas now, what i can use i like. The leather seats are lovely, i like how the inside of the seat is a different materiel, a soft leather. The ride is smooth and quiet. My only regret is that i couldn't afford the limited with the Ecoboost and nav system...i really was unsure of whether or not a new ford vehicle would be worth the $45K+ for the limited with all the bells and whistles...but after driving my sel with the convenience package i would def. upgrade in the future. Ford has made it so me and my wife are looking at buying american again...thanks ford."

Awesome to drive and coolest crossver ever.

By on Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Pros: "Unique looks and comfort, the right motor and room"

Cons: "Some fit and finish items seem an afterthought."

"I find it difficult to believe the KBB rating compared to the driver ratings. It's a matter of taste and long term driving. The Flex always gets a double take and everyone who has seen it loves it. No, they are not just being polite. It drives very comfortably, road noise is minimal and acceleration is responsive. I find I can keep my speed in most turns on the freeway. For hot rods, there is the Ecoboost. We have the Limited so it comes pretty well loaded and the longer you own it the less you need to use the screen. The Infomatics have been criticized in the past but whatever it was, it works on ours. There is legroom in every seat, even the ones in the very back. You won't find that everywhere. It's got so much room that no one rides uncomfortably. I love the multiple sunroofs and the air bags in the rear seat-belts. If you are deciding, go drive one and enjoy!"

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Ford Flex near Honolulu. See local deals