• 2014 Compact SUV Buyer's Guide

2009 Ford Flex

Based on 187 Ratings for the 2009 - 2014 models.

wifes work car low miles leather seats very nice

By on Wednesday, October 08, 2014

Pros: "great travel car roomy comfortable love the sync"

Cons: "larger car for family"

"great car for travel and comfort. Love the heated seats in the winter, great to haul the stuff.love the auto back door"

Best Car I've ever had!

By on Friday, September 26, 2014

Pros: "Very reliable and comfortable and easy to drive."

"This is the second Flex I have owned. I have loved both. Had to convince my husband on the first one, then he loved it. Great vehicle for long trips. Very comfortable to ride and drive. Can't say enough about the Ford Flex!"

Love this car.. Best Ford product ever owned..

By on Friday, September 26, 2014

Pros: "Great utility, comfort, and reliability.."

Cons: "Key ignition needs to be lit up and better placed."

"This car has been service free except for the brakes which were an early repair done by Ford.. Everything else has been normal servicing.."

Quality flaws kill what it could be.

By on Friday, September 26, 2014

Pros: "Performance and Comfort"

Cons: "Horrible quality. Everything is breaking."

"We purchased this car to get my wife out of a minivan. It had the same room, but better handling and performance all around. With the Eco-Boost motor, it was hard to beat the performance with any other large SUV-type vehicle and with a lower ride height and all-wheel drive, the drivability was fantastic. It wasn't long before stuff started breaking however. It started with a few random squeaks and small handles breaking. The brakes and shocks went early. I have now had significant transmission problems as well as other random, stupid quality stuff like the coolant reservoir cracking, the leather on the driver's seat cracking and the folding mechanism on the rear seats breaking. I have never had such quality problems before. I have an Audi with 120,000 miles on in and no serious drivetrain or quality issues whatsoever. I real, really wanted to love this car since it appeared to be exactly what we wanted. But unfortunately, the quality issues have made me decide to never buy another Ford product."

Looks quirky but a great car/truck/SUV

By on Thursday, September 18, 2014

"This has been a very reliable and comfortable car. It is a SUV disguised as a car because of it's car chassis. It is the only car that we have owned that has caused people in parking lots to ask "what is that, how do you like it?" I have never put much more than 100,000 miles on a car. Our Flex has 154,000 miles on it and runs like new with no rattles. Not ready to trade it yet."

They'll have to pry it from my dead hands! LOVE IT

By on Saturday, September 06, 2014

Pros: "Awesome family car!"

Cons: "Expensive BUT WORTH IT, as value has HELD!"

"This IS a SWEET RIDE! CLASSY! Interior with woodgrain dash and interior trims, Steel blue color with silver roof trim goes fabulously with chrome accents. Don't know why we never see our color out there! Family of 4 tall people (5'9" - 6'5") fit so comfortably for long (10+hrs) vacation travel, and there's room for a med. sized dog!! Reliability has been excellent mechanically but Sync has had some issues recently. She handles beautifully even in areas where a sharp U turn is needed to access highway. Just because she's big, does not make it scary to handle, as the turning radius is surprisingly smaller than you think AND manueverability is smooth. Tires don't last as long as on my van (prev. vehicle) but that's due to the type of tire (softer) that comes in the needed size. Visibility is exceptional. FLEXibility for use of interior is incredible and easy to do, even tho this yr didn't have electric flip option for 3rd seat. AC/heat in 3 zones easily keeps everyone happy. We especially like the ceiling vents to provide xtra air flow for dog and restrict it for passenger seats. I have had her for almost 5 years now, and I STILL SAY " I LOVE MY NEW CAR!" (not impressed with changes made on newer models esp 2014 = cheapened interior horribly)"

I love my FLex

By on Friday, August 15, 2014

"It has been a great car. For the price, all the space inside is great."

LOVE IT

By on Friday, August 15, 2014

Pros: "easy and fun to drive, peppy engine"

Cons: "fuel economy"

"Its wonderful, dives like a car, but holds cargo like a minivan. We used to own a minivan and needed something we could tow with and the flex was perfect. The kids can get in and out easily even from the third row. The fuel economy is not impressive (i have heard it got better in later years). I would buy it all over again! Engine is peppy and towing does not make it feel under powered."

I love this car!

By on Tuesday, August 05, 2014

Pros: "comfort and safety"

"This car is the best car I have ever owned. It is roomy and very comfortable. It handles amazingly in the Ohio winters.It is pretty and handles like a dream!"

Best car ever owned

By on Sunday, August 03, 2014

Pros: "Comfort and safety and room to spare."

Cons: "No cons"

"This is the best car I've owned and I've owned 13 new Mercedes and better. Rides like a luxury car, lots of room ... videos for my grandkids... decent mileage... great look... plenty of leg and head room... nav system works well... music is like a concert hall... love this car."

Best family vehicle ever!

By on Monday, July 28, 2014

Pros: "Fun to drive, great looking, family friendly"

Cons: "Center console is smaller, 3rd row up = less trunk"

"I love my 2011 Ford Flex. It has approximately 60k miles on it and is a great vehicle. It is very reliable and comfortable, I'd love to drive it across the country if gas prices would go down. It gets 17 city/24 highway. Its been a great vehicle for my small family (my husband, my 2 year old and myself) but really comes in hand when we have others joining us. It has a 3rd row option that I can lay down and use as a HUGE trunk. It fits all of our baby stuff and she is entertained on long drives watching her Mickey Mouse Clubhouse on the DVD system. It has a great stock sound system as well when I feel like bumping in my Flex. Ford has really stepped up their game with this vehicle. It beats owning a Minivan and has outdone any wagon on the market. My flex handles very well on both city streets and California highways. Its a smooth ride unlike most SUVs and trucks. If you are thinking of buying a Ford Flex I would say definitely do it. Its my favorite vehicle I've owned by far!"

this is the best vehile I have ever owned

By on Thursday, July 24, 2014

Pros: "lots of room, great ride and love to drive"

"I have owed this vehicle for 5 years and still am in love with it. We use it a lot to travel. Very comfortable and lots of room. I even lay the back seats down and climb in the back to sleep. Everyone that gets in it loves it. From my friends in their early 40's to my elder grandfather whom is 83."

New family truckster

By on Thursday, July 24, 2014

"I have put over 37k on this car in 19 months. I drive the 20" tires (Eagle RS-As) off this thing for the daily commute and for family vacations. It keeps the young 'un occupied with the built in DVDs, satellite radio, and spacious interior to keep all the stuff within reach. It has all the performance most will ever need with the 355hp EB and AWD. Gets 17-19 on daily commute and will see 21-23 on the long trips depending on the speed. Funny, it gets better mileage closer to 80 than 70-must be where the power curve is most efficient. Taken myself, my wife, my 8 year old, wife's sister and husband and daugher in an infant seat more than 200 miles for a funeral in the snow and no complaints for room or temperature with dual zone climate control. Been dead nuts reliable except for a sheet metal screw in a tire during the polar vortex. Did not get the MyFord Touch in it but enjoy the Sync set up for the iPod or iPhone. With 12 and 120 volt power outlets you can power or recharge anything. I've driven Fords since 1986 and this is one that I recommend over and over and is my favorite of all."

Comfortable and reliable. No headaches.

By on Friday, July 11, 2014

"I have taken trips to Tennesse, Florida, Maryland, etc. Fuel mileage has been slightly lower than anticipated. However, the comfort and room this vehicles provides more than makes up for it. Low maintenance, efficient, plan for new one to be the replacement for it."

10k ON THE ODOMETER AND ITS BEEN FLAWLESS.

By on Monday, July 07, 2014

Pros: "practical, solid, dependable, affordable"

Cons: "noisy drive with windows down at Hwy speeds"

"People always ask what it is and if I like it, some mistake it for a Range Rover Mileage is a solid 25 MPG on the highwas at 70 mph or less, mixed around town is about 22 mpg Adaptive cruise control make highway driving a pleasure. It's a must have Self parallel parking system is cool but never used Didn't think I'd like the auto hydrolic rear hatch but find it very convenient. Same for the AC in the front seats thought it was odd at first but after the first 90 degree day I was a convert. Low compression engine with front wheel drive has more than enough torque and pickup for most unless you want to spend $1500 for twin turbo which uses premium gas and get lower mileage Handling and ride is great with tow package/ anti-sway no - SUV/minivan porpoising, not quite my BMW 7 but close. Drives smaller than it looks Interior is clean and functional, rear passenger's luv the 2 buckets which have heat and seporate climate control for the back row and skylights above all rows Driver seating is very comfortable for 6'3" but vertical and transverse engine limits stretchout legroom Sunroof / Panoramic roof makes the whole truck light and airy front to back.... this should be offered with lower trim levels, can only add if you have virtuall evey other option. Active road sensing technology is very helpful and gets you spoiled when you drive acar without it Synch is solid technology but can be quircky intermittantly Lots of airbags and very good safety rating... spend the $190 for the rear passenger seatbelt airbags"

Love this car!

By on Sunday, July 06, 2014

Pros: "Great car all around"

Cons: "Seats might be a little more "cushy""

"I have owned over 80 vehicles in my life and this is one of the most adaptable cars I have ever owned. It has about everything. Handles reasonably, comfortable to drive, can carry just about anything up to a small horse and gets pretty fair mileage to boot. We have towed small trailers with it and have used the Flex as a dinghy behind our motorhome. It has more electronics than the Space Shuttle and they all work very well. I have people walk up to me in parking lots and ask lots of questions about it. How many other production cars get that? I'd buy another in a minute."

By on Saturday, June 14, 2014

"Excellent car, rideis great, comfortable. Is a joy to drive. Very quiet interior."

Our Best Vehicle Ever

By on Thursday, June 05, 2014

Pros: "Reliable, fun to drive, great price, many extras"

Cons: "None - period"

"Satisfied from start to present time"

comfy and roomy seats but not much else

By on Tuesday, June 03, 2014

Pros: "comfy, spacious, flexible seating"

Cons: "small gas tank, touch controls, DVD, poor keypad"

"This offered, I thought better gas mileage than the old van but, NO. I only avg 19MPG. In fact, took a 3000 mile trip and only averaged 19 MPG all highway miles, driving at 72MPH with my cruise on. My 2007 van got better than this. Ford should be ashamed for not getting better gas mileage for a similar sized vehicle 7 years newer! Also, I have to stop every 300 miles to gas up - the tank is ridiculously small for a mom's taxi. I'm always on empty and looking for the next gas station, I feel. Lots of wind noise. Touch controls are a pain - a lot of touching and scrolling (while driving) to do a simple adjustment of the temperature or radio. The navigation won't allow setting when driving so even the passenger can't enter a destination while the car's in drive. It won't even work when stopped, it has to be in park! The only way to do it while driving is by voice command which is never able to hear me correctly and takes an agonizing amount of time and yelling to do. The technology is old - it's like using the first generation GPS units we had 5 years ago. The Built-in DVD player which was a $2000 option, doesn't even play sound through the car's speakers! The kids have to use headphones. The keyless entry pad malfunctioned within 14 days of purchasing the car and I had to call a tow truck to break into my new car. Ford acknowledges they have a problem with these pads. The dealer kept my car for 5 days to replace it. It's still a pain - the keys are very insensitive and I have to hold them for longer than should be necessary. Also, if you try and leave your keys in the car, which is why I have the keyless pad option to begin with, it UNLOCKS after you walk away from the car. It took me a month to realize that I had to lock it, wait for it to unlock and lock it again anytime I want to leave my keys in the car. The car doesn't handle well - it floats and responds slowly. It doesn't accelerate very fast either. I regret this purchase and I've only had it 3 months."

Amazing Vehicle

By on Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Pros: "THEY RIDE SO SMOOTH AND THEY SIT AMAZING"

Cons: "N/A"

"CAR RIDES LIKE A DREAM. WE NEEDED A CAR DUE TO BACK PROBLEMS THIS IS THE ONLY VEHICLE WE SAT IN THAT GIVES U THE RIGHT SUPPORT. HEATED SEATS ARE WONDERFUL IN THE WINTER. REAL FAMILY CAR!!!! DEFINITELY WOULD BUY ANOTHER FLEX. MY DAUGHTER AND SON-INLAW JUST WENT OUT AN BOUGHT A NEW ONE THEY LIKED OURS SO WELL. GREAT VEHICLE."

great vehicle

By on Sunday, May 04, 2014

Pros: "towing and roomy"

Cons: "heater and a/c sometime does not blow air"

"Great vehicle i tow my boat all over the state to go fishing and not a problem when towing."

Wonderful car. Blind spots and bad fuel economy.

By on Thursday, May 01, 2014

Pros: "Roomy and luxurious. Handles well."

Cons: "Fuel economy and blindspots"

"Would buy another Ford. Loved all the amenities this car offers. Keyless entry a favorite. Cooler console a waste. Gas mileage only 13/14 around town, and barely 20 hwy. Very cool car. Handles well at higher speeds on highway...hills and curves good performance. Blind spot to be aware of. Not comfortable letting my kids, as newer drivers, drive it a lot."

Great Car...

By on Saturday, April 26, 2014

Pros: "The retro look"

Cons: "Body Flex"

"Great car. Ford worked hard on this one and it shows. I have owned the car for less than a year and it has never let me down. The car is quite and a pleasure to drive. There are a couple of items that concerns me. The first is the body flex. The second is the transmission. If you park on a slope the body will flex and not allow the rear tailgate to open. I had parked on a small hill and tried to get my dog out of the back and it wouldn't open. It tried, but in the end I had to move the car to open the tailgate. I feel if the body was on a frame this would make it more solid and not experience the body flex. It is a large car with significant weight to it. The transmission does seem to be sluggish and sometimes seems to have problems shifting. If you are in heavy traffic the transmission will have a hard shift when coasting. There is also a problem if you lift from the accelerator the transmission downshifts and when you push on the accelerator to go it wants to start back in first gear again. I have had it checked and everything is as it should be. We will see on this one. Overall a great car."

Great road car, wonderful looks.

By on Monday, April 21, 2014

I own this car

Pros: "Stlye roomly, great ride and fun to drive."

Cons: "Not the best gas milege, Climate needs work."

"My 2013 Flex is my second car of this series and I love it. This car brings back memories of my parents station Wagon of the 70's. It has a lot of room and can be used in many settings. I can wear my cowboy hat with room to spare. When all seats are lowered I can fit an queen size air mag in it. You can drive it across the nation with out being tired out as in smaller cars. I love the shape and it is loaded with wonderful features that are safe and useful. I recommend this car to anyone. I hope that Ford keep building this wonderful car."

LOVE THE VEHICLE DRIVES GOOD AND IS DEPENDABLE,

By on Wednesday, April 16, 2014

"original owner excellent condition well maintained color white cloth seats tan"

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Ford Flex near Honolulu. See local deals